Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/04/09 04:09

Loser

Empty shells from w1_tap ( TCTF autopistol )

With great help from Iritscen ( whose request this was ) I present THIS little modification of empty shells from w1_tap weapon.

With this mod, empty shells bounce off walls as well as characters ( originally shells don't have interaction with characters ) and stay on the ground for 3 minutes before they fade away.

Also, again with big thanks to Iritscen, shells are no longer sprites but extremely low-poly 3D models. That is not because I don't like sprites ( in fact it is opposite - whenever possible, I go for 2D as it saves memory ) but because when left on the ground, sprite-powered shells look weird.

Try it, use it, mod it, claim it yours - I don't care. Have fun with tons of shells on the ground ^_^

Loser

P.S.: but don't overdo it ( roughjustice + superammo ), otherwise Oni starts lagging. Be kind to this old engine....

P.S.2.: Some wicked fun -
Pic #1 - How does it look ingame from close distance
Pic #2 - "Yes sir, I took him down, but it was heck of a job to do"
Pic #3 - Once Oni, always Oni...
Pic #4 - Spray n' pray !!!!

Last edited by Loser (09/04/09 04:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 09/04/09 06:09

Koshirro

Re: Empty shells from w1_tap ( TCTF autopistol )

Nice effect but it seems like the shells are a little too big. Oh, and I just had to try roughjustice +  superammo! Had to stare at the ceiling because it was lagging so much big_smile

Last edited by Koshirro (09/04/09 06:09)

#3 09/04/09 06:09

Loser

09/04/2009 EDIT !!!

Download link updated with smaller version of said particle. Thank you Koshirro, bigger size was relict from beta testing and I completely overlooked it.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (09/04/09 06:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#4 09/04/09 17:09

Iritscen

Okay, I made it a package for all you lazy guys who want an easy installation big_smile  I replaced the "THIS" link in Loser's post with the link to the Depot's package.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 09/05/09 12:09

Chamyky
Website

I haven't downloaded this mod yet, yet I already love it. Thumbs up smile !
That's the kind of details I care about.

#6 09/18/09 23:09

Gumby

Looks good. Though the AE bullet casings already bounce off walls. But a modeled version is appreciated, and will make it muuuuch easier to do different sized casings.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer