Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/19/09 07:07

TOCS

The Characters New Look

Tell some ideas on how you wan't the characters to look (texturing), because I'll gladly take a few requests, as long as they are not too complicated.

#2 07/19/09 07:07

levka1

Re: The Characters New Look

hey! just as a question is it possible to get those texture faces from here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=998 (13 comment) those are Severed textures.. is there any possible way to put them ingame? i dont know if i should use HLMV, because its just for models and i dont know how to open and edit both .bsl,raw or dat files. If you know any possible way to convert this face textures i am sure all the Oni fans out there will be really in your debt.

#3 07/19/09 08:07

TOCS

You can download the texture pack here: http://drop.io/SeverED

#4 07/19/09 08:07

levka1

lol thats stupid i thought i need use kind of program like hlmv or milkshape to edit and put this ingame well put just in the directory now.. that was lame when i found out it was working so easy big_smile.. lol thx anyway..

Last edited by levka1 (07/19/09 08:07)

#5 07/19/09 08:07

Iritscen

I am pretty sure that Severed's faces will be put in-game in a future AE release, and as far as I know it's a simple matter of swapping TXMPs (using the -large option when importing) to make it happen.  Probably not much of a challenge for Rexxar, who is asking about making new/improved content.

How do you feel about taking a crack at "upscaling" the body textures, Rexxar?  Probably some line tracing and some layering of new textural elements on top of the basic lines would be needed.  At some point we'd like someone to try it because it would be a natural complement to the face work Severed is doing and the enviro texture work Reilly is doing.  But if it sounds like a lot to ask, perhaps someone else has some simpler suggestions for changing the look of some characters.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 07/19/09 09:07

EdT
Website

Rexxar:  I have been thinking of an "Ultra" class of syndicate troops.  Black with dark red accents for their outfits and some kind of special emblem or mark.  The armor would look different, not the regular gray.

#7 07/19/09 11:07

TOCS

Iritscen wrote:

How do you feel about taking a crack at "upscaling" the body textures, Rexxar?  Probably some line tracing and some layering of new textural elements on top of the basic lines would be needed.  At some point we'd like someone to try it because it would be a natural complement to the face work Severed is doing and the enviro texture work Reilly is doing.  But if it sounds like a lot to ask, perhaps someone else has some simpler suggestions for changing the look of some characters.

I'm actualy working on this sometimes, when I progress further, I'll post some screenshots.

EdT wrote:

I have been thinking of an "Ultra" class of syndicate troops.  Black with dark red accents for their outfits and some kind of special emblem or mark.  The armor would look different, not the regular gray.

Are you talking about the elite strikers, those who shouts "Cannon Ball!"?

#8 07/19/09 11:07

Gumby

No, he means upgrades of all classes. Basically a "boss" class.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 07/19/09 13:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

I'd love to see black ops armor elements (not the breastplate) made lighter gray so they stand out a bit more and maybe ad a shine to them too smile?

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#10 07/19/09 17:07

levka1

hey does someone know any way, that in Oni will be Script that will load your check point, if for example you are hit buy a sniper not watch all that Failed mission shit or the levels choose but just like f9 fast load in a lot of games like RTCW,farcry tr and just shooters? is there any possible way to script this..?

#11 07/19/09 17:07

Iritscen

:-S  It only takes a few seconds after dying before the screen starts fading to black.  Once it does, you just start clicking and before you know it, the last savepoint has reloaded.  Seems pretty fast already, to me.  Anyway, I don't think there is a BSL command for loading a savegame, so the answer to your question would be "no".

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#12 07/20/09 05:07

Chamyky
Website

At least the black fading can be removed, from what I recall.

#13 07/20/09 13:07

Gumby

If you were willing to go in and edit the "you_lose" function in every level, sure.

#14 07/20/09 14:07

Chamyky
Website

Well, I'm sure there are free text editors which can search and replace in multiple files on Windows, Notepad++ perhaps. On Mac OS you can use Smultron.

#15 07/20/09 14:07

Gumby

Its a bit more complicated then that, they aren't all the same, iirc. tongue But go for it. smile

#16 07/20/09 16:07

Chamyky
Website

Smultron can use regexps big_smile !

#17 08/13/09 06:08

kreshnikk

ys yore right Rexxar http://drop.io/SercerED

tanker

#18 08/13/09 10:08

Gumby

Um, what?

#19 08/13/09 16:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

I'd like to ask if Black Ops could have their belt retexed to high quality (well since it's all blurry and stuff) also sharpen the forearm protectors. Would be nice if the forearm protectors as well as shin protectors were reflective smile Other than that you could make the visor appear more glass like.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#20 08/22/09 06:08

Shade

Would it be possible to make Konoko's texture's look Gothic by chance? That will suit her character more. Make her look like a vampire slayer, etc.

Last edited by Shade (08/22/09 06:08)

#21 08/22/09 12:08

Leus
Website

Buffy FTW!

Sorry.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

Board footer