Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/11/16 20:02

Scarlett

How do you make the teleporting dodge for the ninjas?

How do you teleporting dodge with the ninjas? I want to use something similar with the hunter costume (see my avatar) for my character. After that then I am going to release an update with also a new throw which isn't exactly a throw but something nice to do. I test to see how many attack frames can be in a throw and I can tell that there can be a lot of attack frames. The throw I am working on is from Oni akuma where he grab hold of his target the uppercut them then started giving them a ton of fast punches with his left hand while he keep his right arm behind his back then deal a hard punch at the end. Also what's the name of the sound punches make when they hit?

Last edited by Scarlett (02/11/16 20:02)

#2 02/12/16 09:02

EdT
Website

Re: How do you make the teleporting dodge for the ninjas?

I remember there was a modded dodge move where the pelvis height was changed to a large number during the move and back to normal near the end of the move. So the ninja would seem to disappear and then reappear.  Is that what you want?

Watching your AI fight is fun, she has some cool moves, looking forward to the update.

#3 02/12/16 12:02

Scarlett

Re: How do you make the teleporting dodge for the ninjas?

Yea that teleporting move. And thanks smile I made sure to test my AI to be sure my character is using her profile well and whenever I come up with new moves then I make it. I can tell you that she is very hard to beat 1vs1 because I made her fighting in an unpredictable way unlike most characters in ONI who does something and you know what's coming. I made her profile so that she is agile, counters attacks, and I made to make her decide on to end some of her combos with. Like if she does a kick combo, the AI will choose to either end it with a sweep, throw, super, etc on its own. However I took this from the kick attack but I still notice she still does it with the kicks so I leave it because I don't want her to be predictable. It was originally a mistake I made in the kick combo and I realized that the mistake is actually very useful. I now add it to her punch combo so she would choose to either finish her punch combo or end it with another combo, super, throw, etc. the afterimages when she does some moves is her signature because I don't see any other character that use motion blue to make it look a long lasting after image. So it's Naomi's since she is the only one who does it

Last edited by Scarlett (02/12/16 12:02)

Board footer