Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/03/15 11:08

Iritscen

Zukai Multiplayer Alpha (Mac) - Release Notifications

Originally I was thinking that people could subscribe to the main Zukai release thread in order to be notified when I post an update, but I've realized that there is going to be lots of chatter there that has to do with troubleshooting and matchmaking, so what I'm going to do instead is use this separate thread for posting information about updates.

The main thread's first post will always be the place to get the latest download links.  However, my edits to that first post will not trigger emails for subscribers to that thread.  So if you are interested in keeping up with the alpha, look for the "Subscribe" link towards the bottom of this thread's page.

This thread is locked so that it can only be used for my update posts.  Please post in the main thread if you have an issue or question.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 08/03/15 11:08

Iritscen

Re: Zukai Multiplayer Alpha (Mac) - Release Notifications

Okay, just for record-keeping purposes, the first public release of Zukai, version 0.060, was made on 2015/1/31.

Here is the change log for the first update, v0.061, made on 2015/8/1:

*Player positions on client machines should be more reliable.  For example, positions will be corrected more frequently and accurately, making the game better-synced.  Also, players should no longer go permanently "oos" (out of sync) when a temporary "oos" condition occurs due to a non-authoritative fall.  This means that if there is a slight discrepancy in position between a client and the host, and the client sees a player falling over a ledge but the host doesn't, this should now be corrected properly by the host.  However, if a player suffers an authoritative and fatal fall (such as falling off a roof on Rooftops), they will still get stuck down there until the match ends; this will probably be fixed in the next update.

*Clients will now be notified when other clients quit (oops, this was always supposed to happen, but I broke it before v0.060 shipped).

*One test of v0.060 crashed for a reason that had to do with a weapon "oos" condition.  I think I found the culprit and fixed it, but only time will tell.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer