Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/04/08 18:01

Tantir

Agrr....models.agrrr

I know, on forum is already few topic about models, and extracting models. But anywhere I can`t find answer.
Is there any way to extract model od character to 3ds format or OBJ or another ....
I found in wiki oni model extractor , i`ve install it and everything "To run the app, you should have" it`s work`s fine but when i try export model to 3ds and then open it with any 3d program
model won`t import. (i use wings, it should be work!)
er..em... sad
sorry for another stupid topic. ;(
"This app is proposed to be able to extract models and animations. I am not sure if it will be finished"
Hmmm, and maybe I understand it incorrect...:(

#2 01/06/08 17:01

geyser
Website

Re: Agrr....models.agrrr

OME is work-in-progress, so post your complaints on the wiki (talk page) and expect support from kuchum.
There are older programs that export characters to OBJ/LWO, but they are clumsy and not always accurate.
I don't recommend IRF_Oni because it gets the skeletons wrong. Unmass/Biturn is mostly fine IIRC.
OniSplit already exports OBJ for simple meshes, characters will come soon. Stay tuned.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer