Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/02/11 16:11

Lithium

Camera Issue

It seems the majority of the time when I use developer mode the camera starts slowly panning to the right. I didn't have this issue a lot before, anyway.. does anyone know what causes it do this? And if it does happen, know of any way to exit from this mode? hmm

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 11/02/11 17:11

TOCS

Re: Camera Issue

I've tried this countless of times, it's only until recently I figured out how to stop it. Just press the '^' key (sorry I don't know about American layout keyboards, though mine is QWERTY) a few times, and the camera should reallocate to the standard position. smile

#3 11/02/11 18:11

Yoriko

I'm not sure why that happends, but I assume it has something to do with spectator mode. When you press the '^' you spawn in at the position the camera is at. So if you wait a bit before pressing the key you'll see that you've actually teleported. Does anyone know how to control the camera in this spectator mode? hmm

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#4 11/02/11 18:11

Nitr0

I had same problem before. I don't know how, but it just stopped.

Ninjabar thin

#5 11/04/11 15:11

Mukade

If you want to control the camera in spectator mode (Pressing the enter key) You use the numpad. Also, I think the camera drift happens depending on how you close the diary. If you hit Escape, I think there's a better chance of it happening, then if you just hit the "Close" button on the Diary.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 11/04/11 16:11

Lithium

TOCS wrote:

I've tried this countless of times, it's only until recently I figured out how to stop it. Just press the '^' key (sorry I don't know about American layout keyboards, though mine is QWERTY) a few times, and the camera should reallocate to the standard position.

Yoriko wrote:

I'm not sure why that happends, but I assume it has something to do with spectator mode. When you press the '^' you spawn in at the position the camera is at. So if you wait a bit before pressing the key you'll see that you've actually teleported. Does anyone know how to control the camera in this spectator mode?

Hmm I don't understand by the key '^'

You mean as in Shift + 6?
Sorry I'm a bit confused as to what you mean

Last edited by Lithium (11/04/11 16:11)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#7 11/04/11 17:11

Delano762
Website

oxe161 wrote:

Hmm I don't understand by the key '^'

You mean as in Shift + 6?

Shift + 6 = ^ so yeah

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer