Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/09/09 01:10

Leus
Website

Daodan glow

I know people have given Mukade a daodan glow, but it doesn't seem to be in a package.  Also, it would be rad if everyone like Barabas and Griffin even could have a glow.  smile  Would make my final fight script combined with Samoko's final fight package super cool and colorful.   big_smile

So yeah, this is basically just a suggestion, but if anyone feels up to it and/or does it they can just talk about it/put it here so as not to just have this thread be a waste of space.  smile  If it's easy, maybe I'll try and figure it out tomorrow.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/09/09 05:10

Samer
Website

Re: Daodan glow

I'm already making that tongue a glow for mukade and barabus ... that i will put with the final fight package ^_^ or i make it separate ... a glow for Griffin is overkill tongue

also u should know that many glowy stuff at the same time will make the game slow or even might make it blam ^_^ i read it here somewhere.

for mukade i'm going with either dark red or violet black big_smile
for Barabus pale yellow or white or orange still not sure ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/09/09 05:10

Samer
Website

it requires ONCC editing and particles editing ...  ^_^

#4 10/09/09 08:10

Leus
Website

I've always thought Mukade should have red.  Barabas....  Any one of those that you suggested would work actually.  What about like...a really pale orange?  Lol, kind of a combo of all three.

Ah, whatev, I trust your decisions.  And according to our joint story Griffin should have one too.  His should be black like his SOUL though.  tongue  Plus that would probably just look badass.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/09/09 11:10

3llense'g

I've already seen this. Or was that just photoshop?

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#6 10/09/09 11:10

myplea1

Mukade already has an overpower I think gumby made it.

Awol

#7 10/09/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Yeah but it's not a package.  I'm lazy.  smile

Edit:  Oh, and I forgot, definitely make the glow package separate from the final fight so it can always be enabled.  smile

Last edited by Leus (10/09/09 12:10)

#8 10/09/09 12:10

Gumby

It is too in a package.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 10/09/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Oh.  Well.....  It's not on the depot then?

*No longer confident in my claims*

#10 10/09/09 13:10

Samer
Website

I'm unable to give Griffin a black glow :\  I think black = transparent in the game ... it would have been cool though, so here we go, a daodan glow package for just mukade and barabus u won't see this unless u shapeshift to them and use a hypo on full health or activate chenille cheat :\

#11 10/09/09 14:10

Mukade

Mukade already has one, as Myplea said above, requested by me a couple months back

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 10/09/09 14:10

Gumby

Samoko, you have to make your own lensflare texture and color it to black. smile

...though I forget why you cant use FF00 0000 as a color...

#13 10/09/09 15:10

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

Mukade already has one, as Myplea said above, requested by me a couple months back

I can't see it anywhere ^_^ -as a package at least- anyway U DON'T HAVE TO use this one smile I made this one to go with my final battle package and basically for Leus's BSL.

Gumby I don' know how to do that ... and i'm not really motivated to learn that tongue

#14 10/09/09 15:10

Gumby

#15 10/09/09 16:10

Samer
Website

Yeah I saw that before on the depot , but as Leus and I said it's not a package ... it is a plugin with raw and dat files meaning if i use it the other mods won't work .

+ i already made one ^_^ maybe I'll check them and compare

If I like this one better I'll make it into a package and include it with mine. (of course saying that u made it)

Last edited by Samer (10/09/09 16:10)

#16 10/09/09 17:10

Gumby

Or I'll just reupload it as a package

#17 10/09/09 18:10

Gumby

Ok, reuploaded as a package.

#18 10/10/09 02:10

Samer
Website

Gumby, very Hot ! literally tongue I like it a lot ... may I include it with the final battle package I made ?
( so in the final battle the dadonized mukade will appear with that glow smile instead of the normal mukade with the monocolor red glow tongue i made)

Last edited by Samer (10/10/09 02:10)

#19 10/10/09 02:10

Gumby

You could just instruct people to download the package, too. But yeah, you can include it.

#20 10/10/09 02:10

Samer
Website

since it's a small package and mine is small and already requires 4 other packages tongue motoko casey- shn_bot- kojiro

#21 10/10/09 03:10

demos_kratos

since it's a small package and mine is small and already requires 4 other packages

aww, man... Did you forget the "self-sufficient mods" stuff? Make a pack at least. The time will pass and it'll become too hard to find all required mods for it. Not for us but for newbies. Just imagine: a newbie who wants to play Oni and nothing more, who doesn't know computer very well, he finds this mod and tries to install it the way written in AEInstaller's thread. It won't work, he will ask for help here, we will answer him: "You'll need this, this, this and this to make this work". What will he do? Of course he'll become kinda afraid of too complicated things and forget 'bout Edition at all. You don't want this to happen, right? wink

Geyser's idea was to make *installation* as simple as possible. I won't dload it until you make a pack.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#22 10/10/09 07:10

Samer
Website

It is a pack, + it's unreasonable to make 1 package that adds completely 4 unrelated characters each with custom sounds custom move sets and custom particles ALL in 1 package ... especially since each of them may be updated at any time .

In the description on the thread, In the readme, and in the zip of the package I have put clear instructions ... and anyone who haven't downloaded the custom characters won't find this pack interesting anyway smile

I'm NOT going to combine 5 packs into one ... it's name would be :

Kojiro-Motoko-Casey-Daodinized Mukade- Shinatamabot- and yeah Final battle modifier -_- ?

& I thought the depot's purpose is not to let any packages get lost with time.

The AE comes with the BGI characters hence it's easy to make packages related to them without instructing to download ...  so hopefully the next AE will include these custom characters too I think they're worthy smile EdT's Motoko and my, so far, 3 characters.
they are compatible with the AE (example  their moves break glass already and the textures use severed textures as bases) 

"You'll need this, this, this and this to make this work". What will he do? Of course he'll become kinda afraid of too complicated things and forget 'bout Edition at all."

Or simply he'll download this & this and find them very enjoyable smile or if not he'll go and download other packages ... let's say "casey" tongue then he'll be like it would be cool if there was a package that included him in the final fight ^_^  and there is !

Last edited by Samer (10/10/09 07:10)

#23 10/10/09 08:10

Leus
Website

You wouldn't have to call it that, Samoko.  You definitely would leave each separate character package available for download, but also just include each of the characters' files in the Final Battle package just for convenience.  I agree, I think that's a good idea and wouldn't really hurt anything.  If you made a serious update to one of the characters, just update the package too.  smile

#24 10/10/09 08:10

Iritscen

If you did combine all the characters, you could simply call it "Samoko's Characters" or something and put their names in the description.  It's true that the Depot prevents mods from becoming hard to find as time passes, but it's also nice to avoid making mods that depend on other mods.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#25 10/10/09 09:10

Samer
Website

ok I made it for myself in the first place to enjoy the final battle ... with all that unnecessary work there will be less enjoying for me and more work for those who can't follow simple instructions .
it's really not that hard : u have those packages u would find this interesting u don't have them so why would u want to see them in a final battle anyway.

I'll take it into consideration though it's not a priority for me at the current time  . the resulting package will be bigger than any other package the depot has i think.  and I haven't uploaded it there yet till I make a final version when i get more feedback but obviously I won't be getting any from some. (any feedback smile )

Board footer