Website

Re: Konoko Payne, june 2009 release

Gumby will show something in July 7.

Probably something about with the edition..  roll

I am correct? lol

#27 07/06/09 09:07

Iritscen

Perhaps we're just trying to start a new fashion in avatars.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 07/06/09 10:07

EdT
Website

I think we just like the number 7.

#29 07/06/09 11:07

Gumby

EdT, I think you need a different color. I'm purple and Iritscen is pink. If two people have the same color it gets confusing. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#30 07/06/09 18:07

love_Oni

Script_10k wrote:

Gumby will show something in July 7.

Probably something about with the edition..  roll

I am correct? lol

Yeah may be.

Gumby said that the next AE will come very very soon.

Note that today is July 7th.

@EdT: Eh? More 7/7 symbol? @_@

Last edited by love_Oni (07/06/09 19:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#31 07/07/09 18:07

Pierre

I have a question...  How do you get out of it?  Lol.  ESC didn't do anything, F1 and F10 didn't do anything (dunno why I tried those) and Alt+Q didn't do anything so I hit Alt+F4.  Maybe a bit dramatic, but I was out of ideas.

I also use Alt + F4. Never implemented a proper exit available from the game tongue

Seems powerups can't be gathered while we roll/dash.

No they can't. Didn't re-implement this feature.

The guardian of last door in prototype seems don't have collisions.

??? Sounds like a bug...

I can't find the last datapad in prototype. I have searched in all places but I can't find it. I have jumped  all over the objects, found the secret room but still cannot found the sixty. Can you give me any hint?

Here are the names of rooms in which you'll find datapads:

Into the eagle's nest
The hub
Rigor Mortis
Room of doom
Guarding the antechamber
The attic. Where's Willy?

There are a alarm console that don't do anything, and in the left there are a door that don't have nothing. I am correct?

Probably, yes. Some consoles don't do anything.

I tried the compound level but I didn't get much time to explore.

All my efforts are now on the compound level, which is supposed to be the "real" game. But I just started that one...

The World in compound is so big! The first time I saw it I though it as just a background picture, but after I saw it's not. (its a mix, but still very big)  tongue

Apparently I need to put more collision walls!!!! lol  It's not so big compared to original Oni levels!

#32 07/07/09 21:07

love_Oni

I have a question...  How do you get out of it?  Lol.  ESC didn't do anything, F1 and F10 didn't do anything (dunno why I tried those) and Alt+Q didn't do anything so I hit Alt+F4.  Maybe a bit dramatic, but I was out of ideas.

I just get killed by the drone gun and I can press "End game" to go to the menu.

#33 07/09/09 08:07

Pierre

And lastly, why can't I configure the arrow keys as movement control? I'm left handed and I got used to it in Oni (ONi? tongue ) I see it reserved for something, is that necessary?

It seems to work here. I can redefine keys so that the arrows are used to control the player. The key names appear as "(undefined)" but it still works in the game. (I don't have control over the key names, it comes from Direct Input).

Gumby, can you tell me where exactly the framerate was dropping? I can't repro this.

#34 07/17/09 09:07

Pierre

A new part of the level I'm working on now:
http://www.codercorner.com/Pictures/KP_SmallShaft00.jpg

#35 07/17/09 10:07

love_Oni

Wow the place looks cool!

Did you change Konoko's face? Well, that's better. smile

#36 07/17/09 17:07

levka1

the face are awesome.. they were made by one russian dude here right? have you the textures for barabas and muros as well.. BTW in THe original ONI Game is there a chance to export this Konoko Face textures there..?

#37 07/17/09 17:07

Iritscen

Yes, the faces were drawn by Severed, a very talented guy.  We are hoping to put them into a future AE release.

#38 07/21/09 19:07

Wabisuke
Website

Erm, how do I destroy the helicopter/the guys in it?
And anyways, main menu music... I don't like it, but I like the J-Rock when u fight those idiots in helicopter...

alice_nine.jpg

#39 07/22/09 01:07

paradox-01

I think the player is supposed to taunt but shouting at a guy inside should work too. You will be save under the helicopter. They jump out if they get hit from your weapon. Disarm them. Sooner or later you will have enough weapons to bring down the helicopter.

Btw, the level offers a metal gear homage. Can you find it?

#40 07/22/09 07:07

Wabisuke
Website

Where can I find the weapon?And when I click E she taunts but nothing happens.... hmm

alice_nine.jpg

#41 07/22/09 10:07

Lil

is konoko payne available to download and play?? i tried the link at the top of this page but not sure what to do with the file. hmm
from what i gather it sounds like a pretty interesting game and a great achievment so i'd love to try it big_smile

#42 07/22/09 13:07

Pierre

The helicopter:
- if you have a weapon, shoot the snipers. When shot, they jump out of the helicopter and you can finish them / steal their ammo.
- if you don't have a weapon, you must go close to the helicopter and taunt them (while avoiding getting shot). If you succeed, one of the snipers will jump out and you can finish him there.
- when all the strikers are down, there should be a small cutscene and the Elite Striker starts shooting mortars at you. If you run out of ammo, you can kick the mortars back to the helicopter...

#43 07/26/09 14:07

Lil

hey, after saving the file for Konoko Payne how do you acuqally use that file to play it? I  saved it and moved it into my Oni folder in Program Files but when i open the gamme it's just normal Oni. hmm

#44 07/27/09 04:07

Pierre

hey, after saving the file for Konoko Payne how do you acuqally use that file to play it? I  saved it and moved it into my Oni folder in Program Files but when i open the gamme it's just normal Oni. hmm

...!

You don't need Oni to run KP. Just double-click on "KonokoPayne.bat".

It's a bit puzzling to me that so many people don't even manage to run KP. WTF ?!?

#45 07/27/09 06:07

3llense'g

Pierre wrote:

...!

It's a bit puzzling to me that so many people don't even manage to run KP. WTF ?!?

Welcome to the age of Windows, where noone is familiar with even the most basic methods.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#46 07/27/09 07:07

Iritscen

In all fairness, people are used to clicking on an .exe to start a game (or a shortcut to one).  Launching Flexine.exe doesn't do anything useful smile  And I don't see where you say in the read-me that one has to open the .bat.

#47 07/30/09 04:07

Lil

Pierre wrote:

...!

thanks, thats a great lesson for future reference but what I downnloaded of Konoko Payne is not a .bat file , but a .rar file. In another topic I saw 3llense'g say something about having to "unpack" the file... any idea of what that means?

#48 07/30/09 04:07

TOCS

Lil wrote:

[thanks, thats a great lesson for future reference but what I downnloaded of Konoko Payne is not a .bat file , but a .rar file. In another topic I saw 3llense'g say something about having to "unpack" the file... any idea of what that means?

You're never at your computer right? tongue Most people know what packed files are.. But you're asking so gently wink.
.rar, .zip, .cab etc. are packed files, they can be used to store big files.. It's like a briefcase; you collect alot of things, and put it to a small amount of room.. Ex. a file which is 100mb, can be packed to a 50mb (and maybe even better, if you have the right tools).

But you'll need WinRar, or some other unpacking program, (Total Commander, all in one big_smile) to unpack the files.
When you unpack, create a new folder named whatever you like, and extract the files. Now run the .bat file, and it should work wink.

#49 07/30/09 05:07

Lil

Thanks very much! great advice, I'll see if i can find a program like Winrar or iself (it may be lurking around in my Program files without me knowing haha). Incase I find that i don't have it do you know where I could download it? thanks again big_smile

#50 07/30/09 06:07

TOCS

@ Lil : Here's the download link for WinRar : http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar39b5.exe

Board footer