Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/07/09 11:06

Leus
Website

Oni Team Arena

I searched and didn't find a thread that was just an official discussion place for this mod, so I thought I'd make one.  If another exists, please let me know.  smile

Anyway, I think OTA is badass, but I have a few questions slash comments.

1)  How do you...  Like...  Do stuff?  Yes, I like making myself sound as stupid as possible.  Basically, I can't figure out how to make any of the menus or options work even after reading the readmes, so I guess I am as stupid as possible.  smile  I press the F# buttons and nothing seems to happen at all.  All I can do is fight big teams on unarmed guys with my big teams of unarmed guys--which is awesome, don't get me wrong.  But bein' able to change some stuff would be cool.

2)  I dunno if this is the place to suggest it, but what about like a genuine death match?  Not this modern battle type situation, but like...  Somehow spawn a couple of elite-ass bad guys like a Muro, Barabas or Mukade--or multiple if possible, maybe even an extra Konoko in the mix or something--and have them in a free for all or small-team match.  Then it could focus more on fighting maneuvers and stuff, whereas as it stands, it seems to sometimes tend to become a giant swarm of dudes punching and kicking into a crowd all willy nilly.  Maybe that's just me, but I think it'd be cool.  Especially once that "parkouring AI" thing is working.

Anyway, OTA is sweet.  Don't you guys think?  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 06/07/09 12:06

Iritscen

Re: Oni Team Arena

Leus wrote:

2)  I dunno if this is the place to suggest it, but what about like a genuine death match?  Not this modern battle type situation, but like...  Somehow spawn a couple of elite-ass bad guys like a Muro, Barabas or Mukade--or multiple if possible, maybe even an extra Konoko in the mix or something--and have them in a free for all or small-team match.

You could get something very much like that with EdT's original Good vs. Evil script if you ran it with 'reservoirdogs' on.  You can find it on the Mod Depot.

Edit: Fix'd.

Last edited by Iritscen (06/07/09 22:06)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 06/07/09 21:06

love_Oni

1)  How do you...  Like...  Do stuff?  Yes, I like making myself sound as stupid as possible.  Basically, I can't figure out how to make any of the menus or options work even after reading the readmes, so I guess I am as stupid as possible.  smile  I press the F# buttons and nothing seems to happen at all.  All I can do is fight big teams on unarmed guys with my big teams of unarmed guys--which is awesome, don't get me wrong.  But bein' able to change some stuff would be cool.

You need the file "vtuneapi.dll". I forgot the link to download it so download this instead: http://mods.oni2.net/sites/default/files/Arena.zip. It contains the file and some OTA levels. Put the file in your Oni folder. Now you are ready to go. Remember not to turn on the Developer Mode (it can make F# key inactivate, I don't know why). Note that some OTA levels use punch/kick menu, which doesn't need the file "vtuneapi.dll"

2)  I dunno if this is the place to suggest it, but what about like a genuine death match?  Not this modern battle type situation, but like...  Somehow spawn a couple of elite-ass bad guys like a Muro, Barabas or Mukade--or multiple if possible, maybe even an extra Konoko in the mix or something--and have them in a free for all or small-team match.  Then it could focus more on fighting maneuvers and stuff, whereas as it stands, it seems to sometimes tend to become a giant swarm of dudes punching and kicking into a crowd all willy nilly.  Maybe that's just me, but I think it'd be cool.  Especially once that "parkouring AI" thing is working.

Why don't you try this script? smile
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=546

Last edited by love_Oni (06/07/09 21:06)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#4 06/07/09 22:06

Iritscen

What I was going to say, before I got sidetracked and spent a couple hours fixing the copy of GvE that was uploaded to the Depot, is that you could also take one of the Good vs Evil scripts, and if you didn't want the minor characters in there (although I think it makes the fight more interesting), remove the ones you don't want from the script by commenting those lines out with "#"s.  Then you'd have pretty much exactly what you wanted in #2, particularly if you turned on 'reservoirdogs' with GvE 1.0.

#5 07/07/09 02:07

kreshnikk

Hi!
Cant some of you people tell me how to get ONI TEAM ARENA (or OTA)
Plz tell me plz plzlplz

tanker

#6 07/07/09 02:07

3llense'g

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#7 07/07/09 14:07

kreshnikk

You can get some OTA files here:http://mods.oni2.net/sites/default/files/Arena.zip.

tanker

#9 07/13/09 08:07

kreshnikk

http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/Rooftops1.1.zip

Last edited by Iritscen (08/04/09 14:08)

tanker

#10 07/13/09 10:07

Gumby

Dude, stop.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 07/19/09 13:07

kreshnikk

Can some of you people tell me how to register at http://mods.oni2.net/?!:|

tanker

#12 07/19/09 13:07

Gumby

What are you planning on uploading?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#13 07/19/09 13:07

Iritscen

Registration has been limited to a selected group of modders.  The only thing registration allows is uploading and commenting, at any rate.  The files are freely downloadable for all.

Board footer