Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/08/07 01:05

ace980

Oni Soundbites

So as we all know, most of the characters have cool sound bites, but does anyone have the soundbites that certain characters say? Im looking for:

Muro's "Maybe I should start trying",

A bunch of Konoko's moves,

10 Shadow Punch and Whirl Kick,

The Ninja taunts,

And the TCTF troopers (Lion Axe/Lion Fist, "Renegade", "No Escape")

If anyone has these please let me know. If not, does anyone know how capture them?

#2 05/08/07 04:05

Tosh
Website

Re: Oni Soundbites

Try using OUP to export them, I think most of the taunts are in level0_Final.dat..
Look for the .aiff files. This is a mac format, I believe, that most media players can play (aside from Windows Media Player). If you need to convert it, try Super.

EDIT: Heheh ^^; oh right, SNDD.. listen to those two.
|
v

Last edited by Tosh (05/08/07 11:05)

#3 05/08/07 05:05

Alloc
Website

The SNDD-files of the windows-version are plain ADPCM Waves, so nothing special. Btw, the primary extension is SNDD, aiff is just what Bungie appended (for no apparent reason wink ).
Btw, not sure right now if the current ver of OUP supports conversion of SNDD-files.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#4 05/08/07 05:05

geyser
Website

Oni's sounds can be extracted from the game content archives (dat/raw/sep files in GameDataFolder).
If you're on Mac, there's OniTools. If you're on PC, there's OniTools.NET and OniUn/Packer.
OUP is still WIP but it lets you export sounds and textures just like OniTools.NET, and much more.

In order to extract sounds, all you need is the main executable of OUP: get it HERE (@Alloc: tested, works wink )
Run it, then "Open .dat" (pick a "level#_Final.dat" from Oni\GameDataFolder) and use the "File extractor" to export sounds.
Filter the file list on the left by the SNDD extension. For "vocalizations" (taunts, specials etc) filter filename by "c17_" or "c18_".
Konoko's are available in level0, others (Muro, Furies, Ninja, TCTF) will have to be extracted from the levels where those characters appear.
Select a sound or a range of sounds, and extract it to wherever you want. Be sure to check the "Convert files" box.

Last edited by geyser (05/08/07 05:05)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 05/08/07 22:05

ace980

Take it back, I found the 'maybe I should start trying'. If anyones interested, im planning on making a theme for my phone (sidekick 3) using these sounds. SO if anyone has a sidekick 3, suggest some good screen shots so i can use them!

the furies sound like men at slower pitches.. go figure

and what is level 18 and 19?

Last edited by ace980 (05/08/07 23:05)

#6 05/09/07 07:05

geyser
Website

Ah, Furies. Forgot about those. They were indeed recorded as you hear them now (extracted).
It's the engine that speeds them up at runtime (by 1.14) to get the high-pitched voice we know.
So you can say they are 1.14 times lower/slower than "normal" upon extraction. No can do smile

Cool screenshots can be found in the Screenshots thread, and in a similar thread on the previous OCF.

A few levels were skipped in the count, so 18 and 19 is actually Chapter 13 and 14.

Last edited by geyser (05/09/07 11:05)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#7 05/09/07 13:05

ace980

Got it, Ive been working on the screen shots. ive already got the alternate screen done all I need next is the main.. But the problem now is deciding what sounds to use.

And for the pitch, I made it 15% faster, it sounded just right.

#8 05/09/07 14:05

geyser
Website

I said it's 14% faster in Oni tongue  Same thing.
Oni phone themes... About time. What's next?
How would you show the results online, ace?

#9 05/09/07 15:05

ace980

Quite simply. I can host the file so that everyone here can download it, its almost done. However the type I am currently making is for Sidekick 3s. But I can try my hand at others.

If you have a motorola phone and have motorola phone tools you can put the sounds on your phone (which is what i used to do)

Also, going back to the topic somewhat, does anyone know where I can find the icons for the guns? And what I mean by that is when you have a gun, say the VGD for example, you see a certain icon in the lower-left corner of the hud.

If anyone knows what file extension that is, please let me know so I can finish, im almost done!

I have an attachment of what im looking for (the middle colomun of the icons), and once i get the icons i can finish the theme.

Last edited by ace980 (05/09/07 15:05)

#10 05/09/07 16:05

Tosh
Website

All of them should be TXMP's, along with every other graphic, so it might be annoying to find. hmm I'm pretty sure there's a naming scheme, though...
Yeah: [weapon name short]_icon.TXMP, ex. tap_icon.TXMP
Should probably all be in level0_Final.dat

Last edited by Tosh (05/09/07 16:05)

#11 05/09/07 16:05

geyser
Website

Hm. What I meant was, maybe the theme can be shared in a not-so-interactive way with those of us who don't have a Motorola?

The icons for the guns are TXMP files (as are all the textures in Oni). Open level0_Final.dat, then use the "TXMP-Replacer".
It's the only tool that lets you extract textures ATM. You can't filter by filename there, so look for the following:
tap_icon.TXMP (first one, should be about 3/5 through, at ID 3710 or something) - that's the TCTF autopistol
sap_icon.TXMP
barab_icon.TXMP (last one, should be towards the very end, at ID 4054 or something) - Barabas's gun

EDIT: For the icon TXMPs, black is supposed to be transparent; we don't export that correctly... yet.
Until we start exporting PNG (or something), you can always get rid of black in GIMP (or something).

Last edited by geyser (05/09/07 17:05)

#12 05/09/07 17:05

ace980

GIMP? Im saving all of these as .bmp? And if anyone knows how to make these transparent using

Adobe Photoshop CS2, please tell me how... haha

#13 05/09/07 18:05

geyser
Website

"haha"? In Photoshop, you should indeed have no trouble selecting areas by color, then either deleting them or inverting the selection and copy/pasting elsewhere.
GIMP is just the freeware counterpart to Photoshop (as a rule, I have only free or purchased software on my laptop). And yes, we only export in BMP right now.

Last edited by geyser (05/09/07 18:05)

#14 05/09/07 18:05

ace980

Ah i see well Ive never really spent much time with the program. Ill see what I can do. Im more of a sound - person.

Update:

Ive got everything working except for the sound, and I can NOT figure out why.

Last edited by ace980 (05/09/07 21:05)

#15 05/10/07 05:05

geyser
Website

Most of the sound format in Oni is 22 kHz, 4-bit mono. That's and not very common.
Not sure that's the problem, but check what the current format of your sounds is.

#16 05/10/07 07:05

geyser
Website

The icons for the guns are TXMP files (as are all the textures in Oni). Open level0_Final.dat, then use the "TXMP-Replacer".
It's the only tool that lets you extract textures ATM. You can't filter by filename there, so look for the following:
tap_icon.TXMP (first one, should be about 3/5 through, at ID 3710 or something) - that's the TCTF autopistol
sap_icon.TXMP
barab_icon.TXMP (last one, should be towards the very end, at ID 4054 or something) - Barabas's gun

Heh. That's incorrect. "File extractor" handles them all: SNDD, TXMP and TXMB.
It's just that it can export the converted stuff and the raw files: got me confused.
So it's really easy to look up and extract the icons then (since you can filter by filename).
Just check the "Convert files" box and uncheck the "Export .dat-entries" box. Voilà.

Last edited by geyser (05/10/07 07:05)

#17 05/22/07 03:05

ace980

geyser wrote:

Most of the sound format in Oni is 22 kHz, 4-bit mono. That's and not very common.
Not sure that's the problem, but check what the current format of your sounds is.

I havent given up. I have some software that might be able to change the rate.

#18 05/22/07 04:05

geyser
Website

Huh? Windows's basic Sound Recorder does the job.
It introduces a bit of noise when resampling, though.
So you might want to use Audacity or similar instead.

EDIT: Are you the one who edited Fury sounds on the wiki?

Last edited by geyser (05/22/07 06:05)

#19 05/22/07 08:05

Fluffy

geyser wrote:

EDIT: Are you the one who edited Fury sounds on the wiki?

That would be me, but the fact that you're asking about it worries me slightly - did I screw up or something? My apologies for not registering beforehand, anyway.

#20 05/22/07 09:05

geyser
Website

smile
It's fine. Her accent (how would you describe it?) sure got me confused.
I'll have trouble forgetting the "police" thing. It's sorta ground in smile
Did you double-check the Tanker ones? Some of them are tricky.

Registering and logging in is welcome (makes everyone feel more relaxed).

Last edited by geyser (05/22/07 09:05)

#21 05/22/07 10:05

Fluffy

As far as I can tell the Tanker ones are fine, though I would change "Where did you go?" a little to better reflect the pronunciation. I was tempted to try to complete "Character sound events", in fact, but was unsure whether to add everything or not. 153 quotes (if seemingly unused sounds and the civilians' pleading are included) seems a little excessive. Your thoughts?

Somewhat related: "Neutral behaviour events etc" is a nightmare to read; did you have any plans for it?

Last edited by Fluffy (05/22/07 11:05)

#22 05/22/07 11:05

geyser
Website

Neutral stuff is not formatted. Pasted it that way and never got around to setting up the newlines. Be my guest.

Hundreds of quotes... they look uninformative as compared to the story-related speech. There's lots of repeats, too.
If the overview is organized in some compact way, it's worth a shot. Just dump the complete thing and then we'll see.

Fitting the pronunciation... I wouldn't be too zealous with that, or else you'll have to replicate Kerr's mumblings next wink

Last edited by geyser (05/22/07 11:05)

#23 05/22/07 12:05

Fluffy

It might be worth splitting the chapter-specific stuff and misc. quotes into two pages. I reckon there's enough there to warrant it. The misc. quotes would be available in full for those who are interested (or perhaps just for the sake of completeness), but wouldn't be cluttering up the original Speech page.

As for the Tankers' pronunciation, it would do something to show their attitude. That's a good enough reason, isn't it? (:

#24 05/22/07 12:05

geyser
Website

Sorry if I sounded vague: I think it's OK to set up the misc speech quotes at the end of the Quotes/Speech for now.
We'll have all the time to come up with a name for the new page for those.. later. For now, one place for all is OK.

Maybe separate those that have subtitles from those that have none? Or aren't there enough subtitleless ones?

I'd group then in sections and tables. By voice actor horizontally (there aren't that many), and by "context" vertically.
Like, if both male and female civilians have a "Wait! I'm not finished!" line, these would go alongside each other...

#25 05/22/07 13:05

Fluffy

I understood you perfectly well, it was just a suggestion for whenever (: I'll get around to adding the remaining quotes sometime today/tomorrow.

Separating subtitled from subtitleless might not work too well. The male civilians' "Wait! I'm not finished!" stuff is subtitled, but the females' isn't, so they wouldn't be grouped together. There might be other stuff I haven't noticed.

Tables are definitely a nice idea, though.

Board footer