Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/12/09 10:07

Leus
Website

Creating/Importing characters?

This might be taking it a bit far for my first scripting attempt, but I wanna know how to get characters from certain levels to spawn in other levels.  I'm pretty sure you guys can do that by now, right?

Also, is there any way to create a new working opponent like as a BGI character for example?  This is likely way over my head at the moment but maybe someday I'll come back here and understand your guys' responses.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 07/12/09 11:07

Leus
Website

Re: Creating/Importing characters?

I have a few way simpler and basically unrelated questions that I'll just throw down in this thread too.

Can you make it so that a certain character will drop something he otherwise normally wouldn't have?

How do you set a countdown timer in Konoko's HUD?

Can you make it so that something happens when the timer runs out or do you just have to synchronize your "sleep" function with the timer duration?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 07/12/09 11:07

Leus
Website

Ooh and can you make a character that would normally have a weapon not have one?

...I bet there's a huge list of basic scripting commands like this around somewhere.  Hmm.  I'll gander around but in the meantime I'll leave these questions up just in case.

#4 07/12/09 11:07

Gumby

http://wiki.oni2.net/BSL:Functions

smile I'll check back in a little while, if you still need help. Sorry for not answering your individual questions.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 07/12/09 12:07

Leus
Website

Thanks!  I found that too; should have just looked for it on my own in the first place.

I'll let you know if I run into any roadblocks.  smile

#6 07/12/09 22:07

love_Oni

Leus, these are little instructions of adding characters to another level:

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 310#p12310 or

http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD_talk:BINA/OBJC/CHAR

... of course you must know how to work with .oni files in .xml format before doing this.

Making a new characters is... hard to me so I guess you should ask someone else about this. smile

Last edited by love_Oni (07/12/09 22:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#7 07/13/09 11:07

Shade

I have a question as well, If you wanted to make a video game character such as Link from the Legend of Zelda, Could it be possible to make a model of him from Blender to a Oni form model and import that character to the game? Or is that hard to do?

#8 07/13/09 12:07

Gumby

Yes, that's totally possible.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer