Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/24/09 06:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

Stuff

Hi.
Well I've been thinking. We all like Oni, no? But heck, why to play only as Konoko? I know about the magic F8 button but it dosen't change the story line. How about writting a story related to one of the TCTF troopers or something in the syndicate? I posted my story on the forum and it's just an idea.

And could some one tell me how to give that evil neck snapping move from Muro to BlackOps? Because I can't seem to get it working without changing the whole char in general.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#2 05/24/09 07:05

Iritscen

Re: Stuff

How about writting a story related to one of the TCTF troopers or something in the syndicate?

Interesting idea, that's never occurred to me.  It would be a lot of work, I can tell you that, although it depends on how many levels you wanted the story to span.  But certainly it's doable; we've had a couple stories scripted in the past using subtitles to convey dialogue.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/24/09 09:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

I could cover the story and dialogue. Perhaps 4-5 levels not more. Some interior mostly as it's easier to make.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#4 05/24/09 12:05

Gumby

Well, we currently have all the stuff we need to make a new level. I've actually started a full TCTF_III, but other things are taking up my time.

---

To do that, you have to change the link in his TRAC from *something*throw_bk_k to MURCOMthrow_bk_k (don't forget to do the tgt parts, too)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 05/24/09 12:05

Iritscen

Just to clarify, Gumby means we can make a new set of level scripts, not a new level in terms of geometry.  Well, technically, we can do that too, it's just got some bugs to work out first. smile  Is that what you were thinking of doing, Ire, making new scripts for existing levels?  There's a lot you can do just with scripting to make a level play totally differently.  You might also find someone who will do the scripting while you do the writing, unless you are willing to learn BSL yourself (it's not hard).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 05/24/09 13:05

Gumby

Well, yes. We can do more than scripting though, we can add characters, add trigger volumes (important, used for detecting where characters are), and other more or less useful things.

#7 05/24/09 14:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

Well if we'd use levels that exist for my story, then the first level would be syndicate main compund. Secongg the training area and TCTF headquarters and finally hasegawas lab. Yeah. That would work!

1 - Invasion fothe Compound by the Black ops and Syndicates escape.
2 - Training level, a bit of past
3 - TCTF head quarters (you know get to meet people and some lil plot)
4. Hasegawas Lab - Mai's extraction.

Ideas welcomed!

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (05/24/09 14:05)

#8 05/25/09 07:05

Stevinlewis

wooo! i can see something coming outta this!! ^_^

#9 05/25/09 10:05

Gumby

You know, a transformation from Dream World to Scientific Lab might be possible using texture revamps and particle effects. I fullly support this idea, and I'll help you any way I can.

#10 05/26/09 02:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

So for the start. Let's use the basic syndicate compound map but without the part after the truck broke the door.
The thing starts with a chopper (same as the one that goes for the roof if Griffin is alive). First we just see one BlackOps flying. Let's make that sequence about 2 minutes long so we can put in some dialogue. The choppers don't really need to be moving, just don't show the floor and we should have a good effect. Then we could add some actors below to fire screamer cannons, bows, black adders and more, you know, so It would look like an invasion. The black ops you play there would actualy not be the one you'd be playing later. With other TCTF troups you'd have to fight your way through the compound. Just a simple elimination mission, but in one of the rooms you could find a child (probably some resized striker model with a different head). This would conclude the basic of gamplay for this level. We could insert dialogues and a few cinematics.

Now for the trening level. This will be mostly to bring up the story.  The one with training konoko and all. Too bad this level is so small. But I want plenty of otgher chars attempting the same trening as you did in basic Oni. A finall trial would be a battle vs Konoko with two options. If you win, Konoko will say something about more training. If you Lose, your char will admitt that Konoko has bested every one. Now. For the fight. A good AI would be welcomed (we could use the one from Dream lab). And when Konoko is low HP, a burst of strenght like when the Deodan symbiote released that sort of pinkish/purplish glow smile

TCTF would be most about just walking around and getting into cinematics. A few that is. About you, your citizenship and all.

Finally - Hasegawas lab - Now that should be alsmo a massive all out assult, plenty of us and them. In the end you'll find young Mai. Me thinks that's about it.

This is just an outline. Changes/ideas welcomed. For cinematics and dialogues contact me smile

Board footer