Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/25/09 01:03

Stevinlewis

Oni2. The Marauder

hihi big_smile. Sry ive been inactive for so long im Im_New btw that acc i forgot the pass so sorry. so i cr8ted a new 1.

Anyways i was thinking in class today cuz the teacher was really really boring. I thought why not make Oni 2 the Marauder. the marauder is like the giant robot in the oni thing but bungie took it out. so i was thinking of making our own robot and call it The Marauder.(or if u hav any other better names you can tell me big_smile)Ok oni 2 is after the blast and every1 died right? so konoko wanders around and see the broken gates. the gates to the outside world and thought. did the blast kill those things that were trapping us from the outside world? so she walked through the gates and looks on the floor and exaimes the floor and sees the plants decaying. So she runs as fast as she can to the outside world.

(Start of chapter 1: The world beyond)

*click* *clock* *click* Clock* a long ditch down and she looks around. she rests and suddenly, hears something. trucks or sumthin moving. she locates the noises and find that there are people dressed in military costume and they seem to be going to war. she was too afriad to appraoch them as she has not seen a soul since the blast for 3 months and don't know if they were good or bad. she waits untill they all pass and she follows them quietly.

Ok she has to follow them and try your best to not make a sound (probably crouch and walk) and then as they walk she find dead bodies and ahead she sees a city. ruined. you pick up a gun incase anythin goes wrong ( which i hope programmers will try to make it) then she goes into a bunker. Oh ya this is also a tutorial as a mission 1.

hope u guys liked it or if sum 1 already thought of it tell me smile i wana see oni 1 day and show all over the screens, trains, buses.
                                                      THE
              <======================Oni2=========================>
                                                             MARAUDER

#2 03/25/09 03:03

Gumby

Re: Oni2. The Marauder

It is called the Iron Demon. wink And honestly, if I could, I would bring back the iron demon.

Right now, we have this: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Iron_Demon

It has a lot of issues, such as misaligned joints and lacking animations. sad

Also, not "everyone" died. A lot of people probably did though.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 03/26/09 01:03

Stevinlewis

i see but in the future will it b possible?if so how long more? you need halp on the iron demon (ID)? you could teach me the basics and maybe i could help you out

#4 03/26/09 01:03

Gumby

Well, I know next to nothing about animation and modeling. wink

#5 03/27/09 01:03

Stevinlewis

OH YEA! 2day in class in my D&T(design and technology) class my teacher was doing some stuff with 3d thingy so i asked him what software he used he said it was the goggle sketchup so maybe we could use that for the robot. but for the animation, im not so sure i asked my teacher to help me find it. btw no thx to that n00b bungi3 we could use another name for the iron demon. you know like we oni central forums - the originals

#6 03/27/09 01:03

Gumby

Don't use Google sketchup. While it is nice for many things, this is not one of them. Use XSI. For the animation, too. Though we don't currently have a way to import the animations back into Oni. And if you call the Iron Demon something else I will ignore you. wink

#7 03/27/09 08:03

Stevinlewis

ok fine iron demon smile. so who has the animation thingy?

#8 03/27/09 09:03

Iritscen

What Gumby means is that you'll probably want to use XSI Mod Tool for both modeling and animating.  It's a free download: http://www.softimage.com/products/modtool/

The catch is that I haven't known anyone here to demonstrate that they have 3D animation skills, so we might not be able to help you learn.  Of course, there's plenty of forums to help with that, like SoftImage's own: http://community.softimage.com/

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 03/27/09 21:03

Stevinlewis

O.o in the june holidays i might b free. ill check it out

#10 03/27/09 21:03

Gumby

Stevinlewis wrote:

O.o in the june holidays i might b free. ill check it out

Heh, no hurry...

#11 03/28/09 02:03

Stevinlewis

so any current "projects" u guys workin on? maybe i can help

#12 03/28/09 08:03

Iritscen

Unfortunately, the things that are being worked on right now for the Edition are very technical.  The only people who can do them are the ones who've spent months/years studying Oni's inner workings.

Have you done any work with BSL yet?  Or texturing or modeling?  Or programming?  If not, you could start your own small-scale project and pick up some skills, which would allow you to participate in future work (there's always lots more to do, it won't go anywhere while you do that).  We all had to practice independently with those things before we were able to contribute to any larger projects.  So maybe making a small mod of your own would be a good place to start.

#13 03/28/09 09:03

Gumby

Indeed. Try to do something small at first to get a hang of how Oni modding works, so you aren't completely helpless if you start working on a bigger mod.

#14 03/29/09 07:03

Stevinlewis

ok... so what do i need for modding?oh ya and also i understand. so who are the people who are working on the anniversary projects?(just curious)

Last edited by Stevinlewis (03/29/09 07:03)

#15 03/29/09 08:03

Iritscen

What you need for modding depends upon what you'd like to try.  What interests you the most?

For a list of who's on the Anniversary Edition team, see http://wiki.oni2.net/AE , and click on "The Team" link in the sidebox.

#16 04/03/09 02:04

Stevinlewis

hmm i wana hav oni like konoko can ask for reinforcements or sumthin like that. is it invented already if nothot do i do it?

#17 04/03/09 03:04

Gumby

try the dev mode command ai2_grunt. Sometime I'll have to refind the string in the EXE that controls which class it spawns.

#18 04/03/09 09:04

Loser

Gumby: meant ai2_chump?

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#19 04/03/09 16:04

Gumby