Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/20/07 00:04

Luinta

Level vexed!!!

The box says 17, but the game only plays 14. Well 15, if you count the training level.

Am I just crazy or is someone in violation of the whole "false advertisment" thing? I mean, are those 2/3 levels secret? Bonus? Cheat-enabled? does ANYONE have ANY idea WHY they'd advertise 17 leves on the back of the box itself, and only have 14/15 in-game levels?

Please, this place is my best shot atan answer! I've tried every where else. I even spent countless HOURS on Google with various search criteria and checking EVERY site, and even using the translation feature to make sure to have read EVER POSSIBLE search result!!!

Can some PLEASE help me!?!

#2 04/20/07 00:04

Tosh
Website

Re: Level vexed!!!

They had to cut a lot of things before release, at least two of them being levels. hmm
There's some images and info here; http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Genesis/ … eta_levels

#3 04/20/07 00:04

Luinta

but how come the BOX ITSELF still say 17. Isn't that kinda REALLY REALLY stupid? I maen how could they not see that! Don't tell me they were just too busy, cuz that just makes them look even worse.

#4 04/20/07 00:04

Tosh
Website

Eh, probably did the box art first, then rushed it to production. They were really rushed to release it, which is one reason why they dropped so many things. I'd say it just slipped their minds. *shrug*
Everyone makes mistakes. tongue

Also there's been rumors that they were expecting to release a patch to add the stuff they weren't able to on release, but they never did.

#5 04/20/07 05:04

geyser
Website

Note that box art features pre-beta screenshots, too.
Characters and environment parts that didn't make it.
Oni's final-stage development was nearly aborted.
Publishing was worse. It was just plain lousy.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 04/20/07 12:04

Luinta

I don't think a patch would help my PS2 copy. Wasn't the PS2 variant made later? So, wouldn't that mean they could've at least fixed the box?

#7 04/20/07 13:04

geyser
Website

A couple images, a little text. How much would they have paid the box-fixer? Besides, releases for al three platforms were timed simultaneously.
Then again, I bought a Take Advantage version, published years later, and still had the pre-beta screenshots and the inaccurate level count.
I'd just get over that feeling of having been cheated. If you want some insight into the cause of all this, go read what Harry had to say HERE.

Last edited by geyser (04/20/07 13:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer