Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/15/08 11:09

Loser

Re: Project Imago

Love_Oni:

Both are fictional characters created by us (Oni fans). Based on some elements in story.

Casey Shanahan was named like that by user 17seconds if I remember correctly, originally named Casey Sinclair. (geyser, is that true?)
Based on FAIL screens 1 and 2, guy with red/orange hair.
Act_1_.MISSION_FAILED.png

Act_2_.MISSION_FAILED.png

KOJIRO, "great master Mukade's best apprentice" was named by me. He was boss of my first mod (total conversion of level 1, no, don't rush to play it, it was rather naive mod). His appearance however inspired another forum members so he gained his place in storyline (he is that comguy who is being seen a few times with Muro).

Loser

Last edited by Loser (09/15/08 11:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#27 09/15/08 11:09

Gumby

" think the little disadvantageous thing is: If we change Konoko to another class (I mean Kojiro), that will be more excited when playing the new script, but the other script... you'll see you can't attack your "used-to-be-enemies" (I'm hardly to find the word). So... think we should keep the level19's original 'BINACJBOCharacter.oni'. Unluckily, I forgot to do that, so I must reinstall the AE (Oh)"

That should be fixed by chr_changeteam (or setting the team correctly in the BINACHAR)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 09/15/08 13:09

paradox-01

[...] when Fury performs those TRAMs she will look a bit floating, but I guess you copied Konoko's TRAMs to the grey fury, change something (maybe the animation's height), so when she performs those TRAMs, she will not look floating anymore. How did you do that?

Ahm .. that part was pure file swaping, maybe you became a victim of random body size (in ONCC): first you played a small grey fury and then one with higher body size.

Konoko
        <MinBodySizeFactor>1</MinBodySizeFactor>
        <MaxBodySizeFactor>1</MaxBodySizeFactor>

Fury
        <MinBodySizeFactor>0.95</MinBodySizeFactor>
        <MaxBodySizeFactor>1.05</MaxBodySizeFactor>

I changed only the regeneration TRAMs for grey Fury and Motoko because they are actually Barabus's TRAMs (too high for them). It's the pelvis height (http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:TRAM/raw0x0C)
height for Motoko 00 00 0C 41 (410C0000) = 8,75
height for Fury     00 00 09 41  (41090000) = 8.5625

Didn't made it in XML format but I think it should be similiar. In theory we need to compare Konoko's and Fury's pelvis height in idle TRAM and write down the difference.
Then we subtract pelvis height for grey Fury's willow/twister kick with that difference.

I think the little disadvantageous thing is: If we change Konoko to another class (I mean Kojiro), that will be more excited when playing the new script, but the other script... you'll see you can't attack your "used-to-be-enemies" (I'm hardly to find the word). So... think we should keep the level19's original 'BINACJBOCharacter.oni'.

At the moment there are enough level slots to keep the original compound for Konoko as player character and having another compound level for whoever as player character. In short: this mod will use an own level (own scripts and BINACJBOCharacter.oni) in future. Then there's no need to worry about the original compound (level 19) anymore.

About kojiro:

Before I get red cheeks from punish hits I must say that in my Oni version only comguy_1 has the ninja TRAC but no blue goggles. I still don't  think of it as a critical mistake but l can change that of course if you like.
117px-Comguy_Render.jpg

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/15/08 13:09)

#29 09/15/08 15:09

EdT
Website

In short: this mod will use an own level (own scripts and BINACJBOCharacter.oni) in future.

It could look like this:
vrm_level.jpg

In fact, this is how I'm testing it out.

All you have to do is edit ONLDlevel_31.oni with the name of the level. Duplicate the level19_Final folder and rename it to level31_Final, put whatever modified files you want in it. Edit the ONLVcompound.oni file in level31 with the name of the IGMD folder "VR_compound", so the new scripts will go there instead of the compound folder.

You will also need to get the modified persist.dat from here: http://gumby.oni2.net/Arena/Arena.v.1.zip (for PC), http://edt.oni2.net/AE/ArenaMac.zip (Mac) to access the new levels.

Last edited by EdT (09/15/08 15:09)

#30 09/20/08 18:09

paradox-01

Okay, looks good: the level shows up in the menu and use its own resources.

In next step I would like to convert these bat lines into some mac food but haven't found a converter in the net yet. Do you know such a tool?

MKDIR ..\persist_backup
COPY ..\persist.dat ..\persist_backup\persist.dat
COPY persist.dat ..\persist.dat /Y

XCOPY ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final_backup_if_folder_already_existed /S /I /Y
XCOPY VRT_scripts ..\GameDataFolder\IGMD\VR_compound /S /I /Y
XCOPY ..\GameDataFolder\level19_Final ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final /S /I /Y
XCOPY L0_VRT_files ..\GameDataFolder\level0_(VR_Training) /S /I /Y
XCOPY L31_VRT_files ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final /S /I /Y

OniSplit.exe -import:nosep ..\GameDataFolder\level0_(VR_Training) ..\GameDataFolder\level0_(VR_Training).dat
OniSplit.exe -import:nosep ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final ..\GameDataFolder\level31_Final.dat

Edit: ups, persist folders were different in code, fixed now.

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/21/08 02:09)

#31 09/20/08 18:09

EdT
Website

Me! smile

Basically, you will need to convert your scripts to UNIX.

Here's how the Arena install code looks like:

cp -r ../GameDataFolder/level4_Final ../GameDataFolder/level30_Final

cp level30_final/* ../GameDataFolder/level30_Final

cp -r Arena ../GameDataFolder/IGMD/Arena

mono onisplit.exe -import:sep ../GameDataFolder/level30_Final ../GameDataFolder/level30_Final.dat

Looks like you are creating 2 plugins level0_(VR_Training) and level31_Final is that correct? For the Mac its better to add one new level, since that's all the engine can handle for now.

Last edited by EdT (09/20/08 18:09)

#32 09/21/08 05:09

paradox-01

That's how I see unix code. And the mac areana zip pack contains dozen of files/fonders which seems redundant to me (like ArenaMac\InstallArena.app\Contents\MacOS).. very confusing.

#! /bin/sh
"$1/.."

What does that mean?
    Also this: I noticed that mac AE install files (xedition) are all *.sh files and there are no redundant. hmm
    So I think the actual right way is to create sh files because they are named like *.bat on PC.

level31_ shouldn't be handled as plugin because of the attribute "Final". But yes: level0_(VR_Training) is one. It shall ensure easy upgrades and uninstall.
A plugin for level31 was somehow a bit messy. I ended up sticking in level18 files for test purpose and got a new idea: ninja pickups ^_^
                                                              (NINJAjump_fw_crouch got pickup flag for this vid.)
shinobi_pickups.png

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/21/08 05:09)

#33 09/21/08 08:09

Iritscen

paradox-01 wrote:

And the mac areana zip pack contains dozen of files/fonders which seems redundant to me (like ArenaMac\InstallArena.app\Contents\MacOS).. very confusing.

Heehee, on the Mac, .app is treated as a file, an application.  We don't see anything inside of that unless we right-click it and choose "Show Package Contents".  So the app could have 500 files and folders in random order and it doesn't matter to us.

#! /bin/sh
"$1/.."

What does that mean?

IIRC, "#! /bin/sh" is an instruction to use the "sh" shell to interpret the script (specifically, the one at /bin).  Usually Mac shell scripts run in "bash", but you can specify other shells to run if you want.  "sh" is "bash"'s grandpa.  The "$1/.." baffles me, though.  $1 should mean "the first argument passed in when this script was called", but since I don't know the context, I don't know what it does.

P.S.: Notepad is not recognizing Unix CRs (carriage returns), that is why there are block characters between commands instead of newlines.  Either change a setting in Notepad or ditch Notepad altogether, it's an insult to text editors everywhere (it worked fine in 1986, of course, so I'm sure that's what matters to Micro$oft roll).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#34 09/21/08 09:09

EdT
Website

I used a program called Playtus http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus which createa a wrapper for unix scripts. The expression cd "$1/.." is what Platypus uses to change to the current working directory. The $1 variable contains the path to the application folder itself (i.e. /the/path/to/theApp.app)

Re: level0_(VR_Training) so then does this plugin contain the characters and the modified PAR3s?  That makes sense, so the end user doesn't ahve to wait while level0 is being rebuilt.  On the Mac side it could work, we just need to add a warning that adding the additional level/plugin will cause another exisitng level not to load properly adn cause Oni to crash.

Sigh, if only Neo was successful in finding where the limit on levels was located in the Mac Oni engine...

#35 10/29/08 04:10

Gumby

Hey, I tried out your VR thingamagig big_smile

1. It shows up in two places, level0, and level31, why? tongue
2. No death function
3. The ai are stupid about following you
4. The chain gun is wayyyy overpowered. Two of them? Madness.
5. The lasers\sentries\whatever need be reprogrammed to attack BGI troops.
6. I got some lag in a few places, maybe due to too many characters, maybe due to me playing Oni with 5 billion windows open, including a webcam big_smile
7. How do I win? tongue

HOWEVER...I like the idea, good work so far! big_smile

#36 10/29/08 14:10

Barneyhater
Website

Strange, I have two levels but they are the same one o.O
Anyways there was a BGI troop spawned on the other side of the fence near the compound
And what Gumby said, how do I win? I got to opening the stairs... thats it big_smile

Last edited by Barneyhater (10/29/08 15:10)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#37 10/29/08 15:10

Gumby

Haha, figured out the deal with the gun. Still, there should be a cutscene or something that causes your weapons to be disposed of.

Yeah, I got to the stairs part, good stuff. I can see there is another console that you haven't scripted for there smile

Last edited by Gumby (10/29/08 15:10)

#38 10/29/08 16:10

paradox-01

"It shows up in two places, level0, and level31, why?" -- "Strange, I have two levels but they are the same one o.O "
Some files (like BINACJBOCharacter) are level specific, that's why not everything can be located in the level 0 plug-in. --
Yes, this is a side effect from the level 0 plug-in. But it has more advantages than disadvantages. It doesn't need much time for install/update, preserve original level 0 data, and makes mod easy to deinstall (delete).

"No death function" / "How do I win?"
On the field of battle, stay alive, that's win enough. tongue
(You know, this mod is "work-in-progress"...)

"The ai are stupid about following you"
B!am the pathfinding. tongue
(Maybe I will shorten the follow_me interval to reduce the bug's bigness but note that still AIs move on their own if they spot an enemy.)

"The chain gun is wayyyy overpowered. Two of them? Madness."
Point taken, plus: The new machine guns are buggy, they have infinity ammo form time to time. Maybe one of you can look into the ONWCs (w15 and w18) and fix them. When it's done then I can fine tune the power balance between the teams.
PS: Be aware of your new overpower skill...

"The lasers\sentries\whatever need be reprogrammed to attack BGI troops."
No, the security system is hijacked by BGI. You will need to hack them (later).
BTW: It looks like bullets go trough turrets. What if we place a down scaled explosive barrel* into one turret by using "chr_nocollision" and "chr_location", and connecting the barrel's die function with "turret_deactivate"... An alternative to turret hacking. BABOOM
* Gumby, will test your barrel tomorrow

"I got some lag in a few places"
Probably caused by Spartan's high polygon count.

"Anyways there was a BGI troop spawned on the other side of the fence near the compound"
A bug in original Oni, also the second sniper who leaves sometimes his tower.

"Still, there should be a cutscene or something that causes your weapons to be disposed of."
Most weapon/items are thought to be found in hidden corners/on difficult places.

In next weekend release...
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn20 … hot_X1.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn20 … hot_X2.jpg

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/29/08 16:10)

#39 10/29/08 17:10

Gumby

What IS my new Overpower skill? Anyways, I got by them with the invisibility in the sniper tower.

By the way, I can make a turrent out of any weapon with a bit of modification. All that is needed is to create a turrent player model without an actual barrel (with the, and give him a weapon that has the barrel of the turrent as a model, with the "hand" being inside of the turrent.

However, using a "barrel" with nocollision turned on and an invisible texture, and placing it over\around the turret would work too, though it might require some creative scaling smile

I have no issue with finding more weapons, and the only issue I have with the chaingun is bringing it inside and massacring everyone.

The "lag" was caused by some slowmo in your scirpt.

#40 10/30/08 02:10

Gumby

Paradox, you might be able to fix the double level syndrome by using an ONLD not in the original level data. Try something in the 40s.

#41 10/31/08 02:10

paradox-01

Tested ONLD for level 40, it works with limitation: The name is listed in the save game load menu but it doesn't save the other savepoints.

#42 10/31/08 03:10

Gumby

Hmm. Well that is a surprise. You could also try level 15 or level 20.

...I can't quite recall all of the "rules" with level numbers. I can't gaurentee levels 32-64 will work properly, I guess.

It also might be an issue with the level load order. Try changing the name of the .dat for level0 to load before or after level0_Final.

#43 10/31/08 04:10

paradox-01

Alright, slot for level 20 works (without changing the level0 plugin name). big_smile

#44 11/02/08 16:11

paradox-01

.. but still I hadn't time to update the auto install and so the 'double level syndrome', next time then which will be in two weeks (hopefully with explosive barrels (Gumby, can I count on that ?)).

(For the people who aren't afraid of a .. manual upgrade. This is about trigger, turret and console hacking. Delete all BSL files of VR_compound and use the new. -- Crit and ideas are welcome.)

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/02/08 16:11)

Board footer