Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/29/09 04:06

Shade

What is your favorite Oni level and why?

Hey guys. I am a fan of Oni and I've played Oni when I was a kid and I've grown up to playing Oni, I forgot who introduced me to Oni though. Now back to the subject. What is your favorite level in Oni? My favorite level is the dream lab, The first time I played the Dreamlab Level on my PC. It scared me at first because since Konoko was having a Nightmare. The other parts I liked was when I was having to fight Muro for the first time when I was first starting the level. Then Griffin and his body guards. The only part that scared me was going into the room where Evil Konoko was. The part that scared me the most was Shimitama's Ghost when she was a giant and she was floating backwards giggling like a maniac.

I am sorry for my grammar and my spelling mistakes. So what is your favorite level in Oni and why?

#2 06/29/09 07:06

Iritscen

Re: What is your favorite Oni level and why?

Welcome, Shade.  I like the Airport level (first part), the ACC exterior, and the TCTF level(s).  Nice big, fairly realistic spaces, where the architects got to show what they were capable of.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 06/29/09 08:06

love_Oni

I like TCTF level (level 6) and the last level. I can enjoy big fights there (especially the last fight)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#4 06/29/09 12:06

Leus
Website

Somehow I feel like I played the first TCTF level more times than any other one so I guess that must be my favorite.  Lol.

I kinda dig Dream Lab but that shit's hard, especially with AE.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 06/29/09 12:06

Lithium

hmmm...the tctf level, the last level, and um...level 9

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#6 06/29/09 13:06

Phydur

I like the dream lab, because thats where i go to test out any mods i get, because i dont have to worry about anything bothering me while I test it out, and if i need an opponent, muro's right there.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#7 06/29/09 14:06

Ire Yosuke
Website

Final boss fight. I wish they made the boss fight extended. Remove muro, give reinforcements sometimes and keep those Syndicate troops comming!

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#8 06/29/09 14:06

Gumby

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Final boss fight. I wish they made the boss fight extended. Remove muro, give reinforcements sometimes and keep those Syndicate troops comming!

Wouldn't be hard to script. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 06/29/09 17:06

adorage

Rooftops. Great atmosphere there with the night and the wind and the sleet/snow/hail - and those giant screens with the news and ads on them. It transports such an intense vibe of loneliness and alienation but also a kind of electric energy in the air.

Also, Truth and Consequences is probably the coolest level in the game because it's the most "rogue" level with Konoko infiltrating an essentially civilian building.

In short, sunglasses after dark rule!

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#10 06/29/09 18:06

Gumby

Rooftops originally had a whole storm going for it, but they removed a lot of it. sad

#11 06/30/09 02:06

Ire Yosuke
Website

Than could I ask some one to script that?

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#12 06/30/09 03:06

adorage

Gumby wrote:

Rooftops originally had a whole storm going for it, but they removed a lot of it. sad

Cool! No wait... not cool at all sad
Oh how much more awesome Oni could have been... I used to dream of additional levels. I mean , really dream. When I was asleep.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#13 07/02/09 19:07

Wabisuke
Website

Rooftops,and the last level.

alice_nine.jpg

#14 07/03/09 11:07

Lithium

adorage wrote:
Gumby wrote:

Cool! No wait... not cool at all sad
Oh how much more awesome Oni could have been... I used to dream of additional levels. I mean , really dream. When I was asleep.

I remember that the the game box said 17 massive levels. What a bunch of liars there 14 levels, wait minus the 2nd tctf level, theres 13 levels. But undo that. 14 levels. plus tutorial level. 15, plus chrysalis muro level, 16. so wheres 17? any thoughts?

Last edited by Lithium (07/03/09 11:07)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#15 07/03/09 11:07

Gumby

14 levels, plus 3 they cut from the game.

#16 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Gumby wrote:

What do you mean by storm? Was it in the beta version? Man I was to young to remember the whole entire thing. I couldn't even played the beta version when they were making it, *if it was possible though*. Someone should do a whole entire mod that looks like the beta if its possible. I wonder what the dream lab looked like in it's beta version. I've seen the Oni beta trailer around youtube some where.

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 14:07)

#17 07/08/09 14:07

Iritscen

The betas actually were basically the same as release Oni (depending on who you ask, what they released *was* a beta :-$) .  If you see differences in some early screenshots, they are from the pre-beta era.  There has in fact been discussion about making Oni look more like pre-beta Oni, as some parts were nicer back then and were removed for performance reasons.  To some degree we can't re-create that look because we only have a few pictures of it, and some parts would require source or a lot of work.

The storm that Gumby mentions involved rain (different from now, probably) and blowing clouds that swept across the roof, as well as lightning and probably thunder.  There are some plans to restore it to its former glory.

#18 07/08/09 15:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

The betas actually were basically the same as release Oni (depending on who you ask, what they released *was* a beta :-$) .  If you see differences in some early screenshots, they are from the pre-beta era.  There has in fact been discussion about making Oni look more like pre-beta Oni, as some parts were nicer back then and were removed for performance reasons.  To some degree we can't re-create that look because we only have a few pictures of it, and some parts would require source or a lot of work.

The storm that Gumby mentions involved rain (different from now, probably) and blowing clouds that swept across the roof, as well as lightning and probably thunder.  There are some plans to restore it to its former glory.

Nice, Yeah that does sound kinda scary with the clouds, thunder, and lightning. What if the Rooftops was part of Konoko's dream before dreamlab? :S

#19 07/08/09 15:07

TOCS

Did they ever release a open-beta, or did someone participate in the closed ones?

#20 07/08/09 15:07

Iritscen

There was only a closed beta for a few months before the Jan. 2001 release.  I don't know anyone here who was a part of it.

#21 07/08/09 15:07

Gumby

The guy who runs bungie.org was part of it. smile

#22 07/08/09 15:07

TOCS

Well, would it be illegal, if he'd post media or a client?

#23 07/08/09 15:07

Gumby

I don't think he has any. And we don't want the beta client. (At least for PC tongue). Really, there wasn't much of a difference.

#24 07/24/09 21:07

dream996

two of the TCTF level ....

PunBB bbcode test

#25 07/25/09 00:07

doctordulit

Begining of level 3.It's my favorite because there is Barabus.

I have ice,and I can use it!!
Now I dont have ice,but I still can use it!!
Now I have ice,but i forgot how I can use it...xD

Board footer