Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/31/08 10:03

LeeDaiGer

Oni Soundtrack

Hi guys. I'm new here. smile First thing i want to say: oni is a great game and i'm happy that here exists a community for this game. When i played the game i loved the music. But the soundtrack cd seems to be very rare and expensive as much more i was happy when i found a place on the internet where you can download the oni soundtrack in very good quality, but i know it's illegal. roll So i can't tell you here more details. But i think i would be an idiot if i wouldn't tell it to this great community and wouldn't give you the chance to contact me. I think the soundtrack is damn rare and it might be in your interest, too. So let me know if you want it.

LeeDaiGer

------------
Scanning the area! cool

#2 03/31/08 11:03

Iritscen

Re: Oni Soundtrack

Actually, we have it hosted on our wiki, but we're glad to see another enthusiastic Oni fan smile

http://wiki.oni2.net/Music

Apparently it's not illegal, or geyser wouldn't be doing it.  But the actual physical CD is indeed quite rare.  Some people here have payed exorbitant amounts (well, at least one person has) to own the physical CD.  I'm happy just to have the tracks in iTunes, myself.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/31/08 17:03

LeeDaiGer

Hm you are right! I've checked the covers and couldn't find any text which prohibits the distribution etc. of the tracks. So here are the links:

Update 09/12/11:

CD Covers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiv9oxt9kb0s8 … s.rar?dl=0

Oni Soundtrack (2001) (WAV+cue) (lossless):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnucfo3c18g12 … 1.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpcasq8so01e4 … 2.rar?dl=0

320kbps (parameters: --cbr -b 320 -q 0 -m d -t --replaygain-accurate)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhizddqa1w27s … 9.rar?dl=0
320kbps MP3 (parameters: --cbr -b 320 -q 0 -m d -t --replaygain-accurate)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmpy45sshkkxy … 9.rar?dl=0

Update notes:
Now the time has come to release the soundtrack in an ExactAudioCopy package, so you can burn a real 1:1 copy with exact pause gaps between the tracks (though it is actually not necassary here like on other live cds, because there are no cross-fade tracks). The other archives were just repackaged without a password. The cd covers are now in a seperate archive. The mp3s of the soundtrack were now created with the wav files of the ExactAudioCopy.

Guide for creating a 1:1 copy with ExactAudioCopy:
go to www.exactaudiocopy.de, download the latest version (now it's 1.0 beta3) and install it. You can deactivate the other components. Especially "CDRDAO" should be deactivated, it caused burning problems for me.
you will need to create an offset test cd to find out the "write samples offset" of your drive. you should use a CD-RW for this, because using a CD-R would be wastage.
open eac and close the configuration-wizard. make sure your cd burning drive is chosen at the top of the window.
go to "eac -> drive options -> press ok -> writer". there click on "Create Offset Test CD" with the write sample offset 0. Insert a CD-RW and click on yes.
After burning is finished, the cd will be ejected and loaded again.
go to "offset / speed" and click on "Detect read sample offset correction".
After scanning the cd the window should display "Found CD: EAC Offset CD" and the Sample Offset is below, let's say it is +8 for example.

Now go to http://accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm and find out the "correction offset" of your drive.
just scroll down and look for the drive name (eac shows the name at the top of the window, too) and right next to it there will be the correction offset, let's say it is +6 for example.

So now you can calculate your "write samples offset" like this:
(Test CD Offset) - (Correction Offset) = Write Samples Offset
(+8) - (+6) = +2

So in this case go to "writer" and there type in the calculated write sample offset (our example: +2) and press ok.
Now you can go to "tools -> write cd-r". there you go to file -> load cue sheet and select the cue file from the archive. and then go to cd-r -> write cd
With the option "cd-r -> quick erase cd-rw" you can erase your offset test cd-rw.

Now you're finished. I grant it is not that easy, but I guess there is no easier way to do a 1:1 copy, because every cd drive can have a different read and write offset.
So maybe only experienced users want to do that, the other ones can just burn the .wav files with any audio burning tool. The music will sound the same, though it won't be an exact 1:1 copy, because of the gaps between the tracks.

LeeDaiGer

------------
Scanning the area! cool

Last edited by LeeDaiGer (10/02/17 09:10)

#4 04/01/08 07:04

AdamBast

OMG! Thaks for posting this, LeeDaiGer. You are a hero.

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

#5 04/01/08 08:04

Iritscen

OK, that definitely beats the quality of the wiki's version!  Thanks, Lee.

#6 04/06/08 05:04

owldreamer
Website

wow - great thanks for this one!

#7 11/01/08 09:11

zimThuet

can anyone tell me how i can open the .img file?

#8 11/01/08 11:11

AdamBast

zimThuet wrote:

can anyone tell me how i can open the .img file?

Daemon Tools, PowerISO, etc...

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

#9 11/02/08 18:11

MKUltra

Yes! Many thanks for this... Also, if that is you in your avatar, with hair like that, you must be tempted to cosplay Konoko with the help of some temporary purple hair dye! xD

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#10 11/02/08 20:11

MKUltra

There is a smaller second ISO file in the second .rar package... What is it? I managed to extract the first one (using ISOBuster), but ISOBuster seems not to know what to do with this 2nd ISO file, thus deeming it invalid :-/

The first ISO contains all the tracks from the CD however.

Also; Confirm/deny the original files on the CD were actually all in the .WAV format? That is surprising, since MP3 was the exciting, new rage back then. However, if these are the original format, then I now have my greedy little mitts on what we were intended to hear, so I cannot complain ^_^

#11 11/16/08 07:11

LeeDaiGer

MKUltra wrote:

Yes! Many thanks for this... Also, if that is you in your avatar, with hair like that, you must be tempted to cosplay Konoko with the help of some temporary purple hair dye! xD

Hi, it's not me who is on the photo in my avatar, i've just found a video of that girl on the web and thought this could be the real konoko smile

MKUltra wrote:

There is a smaller second ISO file in the second .rar package... What is it? I managed to extract the first one (using ISOBuster), but ISOBuster seems not to know what to do with this 2nd ISO file, thus deeming it invalid :-/

The first ISO contains all the tracks from the CD however.

Also; Confirm/deny the original files on the CD were actually all in the .WAV format? That is surprising, since MP3 was the exciting, new rage back then. However, if these are the original format, then I now have my greedy little mitts on what we were intended to hear, so I cannot complain ^_^

The second IMG file belongs to the first IMG file, the original IMG file was splitted in 2 parts. So if you extract the first rar package with WinRar, it will search for the second rar package. If the second rar package exists WinRar will automatically take the second part of the IMG file and put the IMG file together.
It is a CD image, that means that are wav files which were burned on an audio cd. If you want to have the wav files, mount the image with DaemonTools and rip the tracks with audio cd rip software. Wav files are not compressed, so the sound quality is better than mp3.

LeeDaiGer

------------
Scanning the area! cool

Last edited by LeeDaiGer (11/16/08 10:11)

#12 11/16/08 11:11

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

Heck... I own the CD and should rip it with EAC/Lame to a high quality MP3 as well as FLAC.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#13 11/16/08 12:11

MKUltra

Thank you, Lee... I am a bit of a nerd/geekette, so I toyed around with the archives using ALZip (a great little archive program, by the way) and found how to extract the archive. Needless to say, the files happily found their way to my iPod big_smile

I will probably run the "End Titles" tune through the Audacity editing software to make a "clean" version of the tune. The sound clips at the end are good for initial lulz, but they can get a tad... tedious, especially when you listen to it more than once in a work shift. ^_^

#14 11/16/08 12:11

Iritscen

I just realized that my copy of End Titles (from another source) is cut off before the sounds you are referring to... but in any case, you do know that you can use iTunes to set an end time (and a start time) for any track, right (under the Options tab after getting info on the track)?  Your iPod will respect those settings when playing the tune after you sync it again.  Of course, the sound data will still be there at the end of the track, but it's not a big use of HD space or anything.

#15 11/16/08 18:11

Jazz Ad

Thanks. I tried to find the CD but it's nowhere.
I just made mine with a cool lightscribe cover.

#16 11/18/08 16:11

MKUltra

Iritscen wrote:

I just realized that my copy of End Titles (from another source) is cut off before the sounds you are referring to... but in any case, you do know that you can use iTunes to set an end time (and a start time) for any track, right (under the Options tab after getting info on the track)?  Your iPod will respect those settings when playing the tune after you sync it again.  Of course, the sound data will still be there at the end of the track, but it's not a big use of HD space or anything.

Yes, but... I would prefer to make a "clean cut" of the music, because this tune is one I use to introduce people to the game itself.... I will take my iPod Shuffle with me, get them to listen to it, and when they are grooving to it, tell them that it it actually part of a game soundtrack. Naturally, they wish to know what game, and that is when I let them in on the joy... It is very effective.

With this in mind, I simply use Audacity to make a "n00b friendly" file (since many will not have heard any of the voice over clips yet), and thus create another convert.

I am sweet, but I have my ways with people.

Also, Lee: Yes, this person has very much the Konoko "look"... if Bungie were ever to seriously take up an Oni2 of their own, this person could do very, very well as a "booth girl" for the effort, given enough of a budget for purple hair dye ^_^

If you know them personally, may I suggest fans in your area pitch in to dress her up and take pics at least once? LOL!

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but would be neat to see!

#17 11/21/08 16:11

LeeDaiGer

MKUltra wrote:

Also, Lee: Yes, this person has very much the Konoko "look"... if Bungie were ever to seriously take up an Oni2 of their own, this person could do very, very well as a "booth girl" for the effort, given enough of a budget for purple hair dye ^_^

If you know them personally, may I suggest fans in your area pitch in to dress her up and take pics at least once? LOL!

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but would be neat to see!

Sorry, I don't know that girl.

LeeDaiGer

------------
Scanning the area! cool

#18 12/11/08 17:12

Jazz Ad

#19 01/05/09 11:01

Bad Religion

Iritscen wrote:

Some people here have payed exorbitant amounts (well, at least one person has) to own the physical CD.

That would be me, ha ha. Five years ago I had a huge bidding war with some German dude on eBay and the price of the CD rocketed to at least $90, but I'm pretty sure I finally stopped around $110-120.

I forget how much I finally ended up getting the CD for in another auction, I think it was around $50.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

#20 03/04/09 16:03

dorelas

Greetings everyone. Its really amazing to see so many new posts. Its good to know than i'm not the only one , who thinks Oni is an amazing game, which after so many years still feels fresh and has high replayability factor.

I have  a problem with .ccd .img files. After loading it to virtual drive (demon) its not recognizable in any way. Im sure the rar files haven't been corrupted, otherwise i wouldnt unpack it. Help! roll

I just see 1 big data track which is  428 mb. Iso buster , cdex, clone , demon tools are all helpless. iso buster says "only session layout could be found, no file-systems nor files and folders could be found".

How the hell have you managed to extract anything from this image?

Last edited by dorelas (03/05/09 08:03)

#21 03/04/09 17:03

Gumby

dorelas wrote:

Greetings everyone. Its really amazing to see so many new posts. Its good to know than i'm not the only one , who thinks Oni is an amazing game, which after so many years still feels fresh and has high replayability factor.

I have  a problem with .ccd .img files. After loading it to virtual drive (demon) its not recognizable in any way. Im sure the rar files haven't been corrupted, otherwise i wouldnt unpack it. Help! roll

Try burning it to a physical CD, maybe.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#22 03/05/09 05:03

dorelas

argh , in the era of ssd hdd disks. and dvds becoming obsolete, i have no cds at the moment. So the image is working fine with you? Can anybody mount it in virtual drive? If yes which program. Thanks.

Last edited by dorelas (03/05/09 08:03)

#23 03/05/09 12:03

Gumby

I don't have the image, atm.

Have you tried using a different program, like Alcohol?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#24 03/05/09 17:03

dorelas

alcohol worked! but only just. It also gave an error at the beginning , when i mounted the image in alcohol virtual drive. But afterwards, the audio extraction program saw the tracks. So it is the right way after all. Thanks fot the tip. There is definitely something wrong with this image though...

#25 03/24/09 13:03

SoundOfDarkness

Could someone please reupload it to rapidshare.com? Downloading from rapidshare.de is slow like hell for me, the download of part 1 is running for 30 minutes now and has only 3%. And maybe upload it in mp3 and not as image file? Pretty please.

Board footer