Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#176 02/13/12 18:02

Mukade

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Pretty sure I do, but I'll go back and check before posting again, to make sure I have all the details.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#177 02/13/12 19:02

Valkyrur

Relax, this is it, for if/when you post about it

Yukie's picture and information about her
TCTF Science Prison map and location
Syndicate recon data of TCTF Science prison (Guard posts, passwords, other things an attacking force would need to know)
Basic outline of Jan's plan for how he is going to handle what he is doing
And ect

BTW, Mukade, do you have a Steam or Skype account?

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#178 02/13/12 19:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

Syndicate recon data of TCTF Science prison (Guard posts, passwords, other things an attacking force would need to know)
And ect

You should mention in the roleplay post where your character was escaping.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#179 02/13/12 21:02

Valkyrur

Striker wrote:
Certified wrote:

And ect

You should mention in the roleplay post where your character was escaping.

I did.

#180 02/13/12 22:02

kyletm57

fixed my post, should be good to go

banner2440.jpg

#181 02/13/12 23:02

Mukade

I have both Cert, don't use em much tho.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#182 02/14/12 16:02

Striker

To kyletm57 (and everyone else, really):

kyletm57 wrote:

"THIS IS THE TCTF, PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!" Vince screamed. The three remaining Syndicate grunts complied, tossing their guns aside as the exited the vehicle.

You said that the striker grunts complied and gave up. Although this time it is ok, next time you should remember that the Syndicate troops are ruthless and suicidal maniacs - they would much rather die than comply and be arrested ("The Striker spits in Perez's face and kicks him in the leg, and then begins to run outside. Jan tries to stop him only to witness the Striker launch himself off the rooftop to the street below. Perez looks without any visible emotion and begins walking towards the elevator"). Let's assume that these strikers weren't as brave and didn't fight back, but normally strikers would retaliate.

To TheCreature: You broke the rules by double-posting in the roleplay thread. Please don't do it again. If you wish to add something, please wait for another person to post (or edit your last post if only a little bit of time has passed). Thanks.

To everyone: Every one of your posts in the roleplay thread should optimally use up 1 AP (Try this: check if your post is truly worth 1 AP. If it isn't, expand on it or add another action). It is fine if a chat is going on between two people, and short responses are necessary (no AP used), but try not to overuse them as it takes up space and makes it much more difficult to read. I would also like to ask some people to be a little more sensitive to their AP (any action requiring skill or extensive mental/physical activity should already take 1 AP).

Last edited by Striker (02/14/12 16:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#183 02/14/12 19:02

TheCreature

Striker wrote:

To kyletm57 (and everyone else, really):

kyletm57 wrote:

"THIS IS THE TCTF, PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!" Vince screamed. The three remaining Syndicate grunts complied, tossing their guns aside as the exited the vehicle.

You said that the striker grunts complied and gave up. Although this time it is ok, next time you should remember that the Syndicate troops are ruthless and suicidal maniacs - they would much rather die than comply and be arrested ("The Striker spits in Perez's face and kicks him in the leg, and then begins to run outside. Jan tries to stop him only to witness the Striker launch himself off the rooftop to the street below. Perez looks without any visible emotion and begins walking towards the elevator"). Let's assume that these strikers weren't as brave and didn't fight back, but normally strikers would retaliate.

To TheCreature: You broke the rules by double-posting in the roleplay thread. Please don't do it again. If you wish to add something, please wait for another person to post (or edit your last post if only a little bit of time has passed). Thanks.

To everyone: Every one of your posts in the roleplay thread should optimally use up 1 AP (Try this: check if your post is truly worth 1 AP. If it isn't, expand on it or add another action). It is fine if a chat is going on between two people, and short responses are necessary (no AP used), but try not to overuse them as it takes up space and makes it much more difficult to read. I would also like to ask some people to be a little more sensitive to their AP (any action requiring skill or extensive mental/physical activity should already take 1 AP).

MUAHAHAHA!!! I BREAK ALL THE RULES AT ONCE!!!

Ok, ok, I'll try to tidy it up a bit.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#184 02/14/12 23:02

Valkyrur

Alright then, it looks like my AKS-177 design has some real-life backup to it now.

The AK-12 is basically the exact same thing I wrote when describing the AKS-177. An AK model weapon with the greatest aspects of NATO arms integrated to it's design.

#185 02/15/12 00:02

Mukade

I didn't use any AP on my last post, just because as I said, I already removed it for the combat when I initiated it. When I described the combat, I didn't know what to write next, so I left it at that tongue

#186 02/15/12 16:02

Valkyrur

I don't think he was referring to you, by the way.

Oh and now might be a good time to post what happens next Mukade.

#187 02/15/12 17:02

Striker

Guys, I think we should skip a little bit of time for the sake of realism. In the month that we have been roleplaying, we have only passed 9 hours. I think we should let our characters settle down and skip 12 or so hours before continuing our roleplay. Just a thought.

#188 02/15/12 17:02

TheCreature

Striker wrote:

In the month that we have been roleplaying, we have only passed 9 hours.

Haven't you ever seen the show 24?  It's the same thing!

Anywho, here's my thought:  Give everyone one more post in character, so that we don't just suddenly jump.  And maybe we consider requiring posts to be about 10 minutes long, except for conversations.

Example:  Jack posts at 10:00, and does some stuff, which takes him ten minutes.  Then Fred decides to post.  His post has to start at 10:10 AM, and should go until about 10:20 AM.  Then they talk to each other, and their posts can be single minutes, to keep the flow of the conversation.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#189 02/15/12 17:02

Mukade

Thing is, some posts overlap though. Each character follows their own timeline, expect when they cross each other, then we need to make sure it's at the same time. But we do have to consider that people do eventually need sleep. The RP started early morning, and while some characters have dozed here and there, they do need sleep.

Also, I've noticed that we've completely drifted away from the whole "box" thing. What's happening on that front? With fewer GM posts, the story is kinda going off track tongue

Last edited by Mukade (02/15/12 17:02)

#190 02/15/12 18:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Thing is, some posts overlap though. Each character follows their own timeline, expect when they cross each other, then we need to make sure it's at the same time. But we do have to consider that people do eventually need sleep. The RP started early morning, and while some characters have dozed here and there, they do need sleep.

Also, I've noticed that we've completely drifted away from the whole "box" thing. What's happening on that front? With fewer GM posts, the story is kinda going off track tongue

This is why we need to skip some time. My character fell asleep, and I was hoping that people would roleplay faster, but that didn't go so well. If you are referring to the "dark green metal crate" in the Bio warehouse, then I am the one responsible for that. I am waiting on others to sleep/rest so my character can wake up realistically and continue his life (and the Syndicate story).

#191 02/15/12 20:02

TheCreature

Yeah, that makes sense.  The problem is, with characters reacting to each other and such, it's all kinda crammed.  Stuff just doesn't happen fast enough in this small of a setting.  What if we made travel time longer?  Like every cell traveled through = 5 minutes.  That'd speed things up a bit.

And yeah, the box thing was more of Striker's thing, not really a GM plot.  The GM plot is still on track.

#192 02/16/12 00:02

Mukade

Yeah, I thought there was a certain amount of time you'd have to spend to travel, but I looked and there was none. It would be nice if we could implement that, also, so I wouldn't have to make up how long it took to get from point A to point B.

Maybe 1 minute in aircraft, 5 minutes in a car/motor vehicle, and 10 minutes on foot?

#193 02/16/12 16:02

Valkyrur

Oh boy, the character creation thread has another potential Mary Sue in it.

#194 02/16/12 17:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

Oh boy, the character creation thread has another potential Mary Sue in it.

The new character has the exact same skills as Jan. Although it seems normal and somewhat balanced, the character still does not seem to believable due to the lack of detail in the description.
To Qezor: Before you begin roleplaying, I recommend you add an image of your character so we get the basic idea (if not, describe him in more detail), and write out his full name (if he even has a full name; no "Sgt"s or "Mr"s, etcetera). Also, always remember that you are roleplaying as a regular person; no important characters are allowed (a rogue trying to survive, a thug; no "leader of famous gang" or "best chrysalis dealer in the city" stuff). Read over the original post in the roleplay thread and this thread so you know in detail how to play and what is allowed/not allowed. Good luck!

Last edited by Striker (02/16/12 17:02)

#195 02/16/12 22:02

TheCreature

Striker wrote:

no "leader of famous gang" or "best chrysalis dealer in the city" stuff)

Yeah, you can't do that, because I'm already the best chrysalis dealer in the city.  big_smile

Jk, my character is a high-end chrysalis dealer, but he never makes any claims to being the best one.  He simply does it as best he can, at the cheapest price (usually).  So long as you don't come out and say "I'm the best", "I'm the only", or "Bow down before me" you should be fine.

Good Luck and have fun!

#196 02/18/12 00:02

Valkyrur

Alright, now were just waiting for Mukade to get to a stopping point of sorts so we can advance time to something like 8 or 10PM.

#197 02/18/12 10:02

Striker

Certified, you are welcome to skip time to 8-9PM (I think 10 PM is too late) right now if you wanted to, Mukade can easily arrange something and write a quick post how his character searched for 8 hours/went to sleep eventually. The story can then continue from 8-9PM.

Never mind, I did not notice that you already advanced the time in the RP. I encourage every other player to follow with the time (6PM now; since it's autumn, it's already dark outside), although your characters are free to move around and do actions. You have to remember: Certified, Malcom and Jeff are technically in the future, so your characters will not be able to interact with them to avoid inconsistencies and unpleasant surprises.

Last edited by Striker (02/18/12 10:02)

#198 02/18/12 12:02

Valkyrur

Striker wrote:

Certified, you are welcome to skip time to 8-9PM (I think 10 PM is too late) right now if you wanted to, Mukade can easily arrange something and write a quick post how his character searched for 8 hours/went to sleep eventually. The story can then continue from 8-9PM.

Never mind, I did not notice that you already advanced the time in the RP. I encourage every other player to follow with the time (6PM now; since it's autumn, it's already dark outside), although your characters are free to move around and do actions. You have to remember: Certified, Malcom and Jeff are technically in the future, so your characters will not be able to interact with them to avoid inconsistencies and unpleasant surprises.

You can add Jin to that list now

#199 02/18/12 13:02

Striker

To kyletm57: I like the way you made the time pass, but I think you should improve the format. I recommend you change the format from this:

Example wrote:

[3:24 PM]
He came home, then went outside with his girlfriend/wife. They came back at 6:00PM.
He decided to smoke his cigarette and then go to sleep.

to something along the lines of:

Example wrote:

[3:24 PM]
He came home, then went outside with his girlfriend/wife.

[6:00PM]
After coming back home, he decided to smoke his cigarette and then go to sleep.

I hope you understand what I am trying to show you.
The reason for this format is that it is much easier to understand (for me when checking for inconsistencies within time, and regular players as well).

Last edited by Striker (02/18/12 13:02)

#200 02/18/12 14:02

kyletm57

@Striker:

Not a problem, it's been updated.

banner2440.jpg

Board footer