Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 16/9/07 1:48

LastmanSAC
Member
From: Land-down-under,VIC, Ballarat
Registered: 1/9/07

ONi_the novel

I'm currently trying to publish my first novel and if that is accepted my next project is a book about Oni.
Any interesting stuff about "the aftermath" is welcome. Especially anything to do with the physics of Plasma, Hasegawa and "loosely controlled countries. Somethin is a brewin...:(

Offline

#2 16/9/07 4:27

guido
Member
From: Milan, Italy
Registered: 25/4/07
Website

Re: ONi_the novel

You should have a look at http://wiki.oni2.net There's a lot of stuff posted over there. And I am pretty sure you will find something worth of your attention.
People is still active and kicking all around especially on IRC chatrooms and talking through IMM. Please, send a PM to Geyser if you want to know more details.
Currently there are three storytelling experiments underway. Project "Restless souls" by Paradox, "Wasteland Flowers" by Seventeen Seconds, and a third more comprehensive effort by Geyser, aimed to fill some major gaps in Oni, and bridge its plot with a self-consistent background for a sequel (so then, it is rather a collective notepad than an actual story, ).

There are also creative people on your same wavelength: Last Hero, Stripey Tiger. There is also Tracker who has been particularly enthusiastic in working on "project 257" a novel/game which draws a lot of inspiration from Oni.


What if this is as good as it gets?

Offline

#3 19/9/07 12:50

paradox-01
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 14/1/07

Re: ONi_the novel

Hi Lastman.

Aftermath stuff can be found in "A Storyline For Oni 2" (ASFO2) on the old (2006) forum. But it might be a good idea to use the search function.

- Plasma. I hadn't a deep look into it and my stuff is still in German. Well, you could search in wikipedia. Or is it something special you're searching for?

- Hasegawa. Too many talk^^ I'm sure you can find something about him in ASFO2 again. And in case you don't notice so far: here's the "Murder or Mercy" article.

- "loosely controlled countries": well, there not much about. 80% of world territories belongs to WCG. It's on you what the other 20% could be. ;-)

I hope at least the first points can help you a bit.
PS: looking forward to your story

Last edited by paradox-01 (19/9/07 12:58)

Offline

#4 18/11/07 6:05

LastmanSAC
Member
From: Land-down-under,VIC, Ballarat
Registered: 1/9/07

Re: ONi_the novel

I was up till five a few days back beating out random words in the hope of an ONi 2 script.
will trim it up over christmas.

Offline

#5 7/1/08 21:32

LastmanSAC
Member
From: Land-down-under,VIC, Ballarat
Registered: 1/9/07

Re: ONi_the novel

Damn it!
Okay...do you guys have any idea where Vansem (...) is?
thanks.

Offline

#6 8/1/08 5:11

geyser
Member
From: beyond the veil
Registered: 14/1/07
Website

Re: ONi_the novel

The name VANSAM is only mentioned in Chapter 4, in the expression VANSAM REGIONAL AIRPORT.
So it's not even clear whether VANSAM is the name of the region, of its capital, or of the airport.
(or it could even be the name of a famous guy, like one of the founders of the WCG)
I haven't tried to interpret VANSAM as an acronym yet, but it might be worth a try.
People are always tempted to place Oni's action in Japan or East Asia.


Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Offline

#7 8/1/08 21:18

Your_Mom
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 31/1/07
Website

Re: ONi_the novel

geyser wrote:

People are always tempted to place Oni's action in Japan or East Asia.

Maybe because there was something about Neo-Tokyo in the game. I can't remember where, but I swear it's there.


droid803sig.jpg

Offline

#8 9/1/08 2:30

VidBoi7
Member
Registered: 21/12/07

Re: ONi_the novel

I think I remember reading that a newspaper header somewhere indicated it took place in Japan. Cant remember where, tho.

Offline

#9 9/1/08 6:30

geyser
Member
From: beyond the veil
Registered: 14/1/07
Website

Re: ONi_the novel

AFAIK, there's only this newspaper:
http://geyser.oni2.net/pics/dream_1.jpg
BTW, NEO TOKYO could be in Malaysia smile
(Japanese expansionism, WCG-flavored)


Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Offline

#10 9/1/08 9:42

Iritscen
Moderator
From: NC, USA
Registered: 22/10/07

Re: ONi_the novel

Neo-Tokyo is almost an anime cliche, and in my experience, always is in Japan, whether on the exact site of "old" Tokyo or not.  Usually it's a replacement for the original city, which 'sploded or something (see the Anime Rules for an entry on Tokyo, "the Matchstick City")


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB