Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/24/07 02:08

Jon God

'Think We'll ever be able to bind keystrokes/ect. to single keys?

I was thinking, I wonder if we will ever figure out/hack a way to bind certain things to Keys, such as:

Slow Motion, Skipping Cut Scenes, ect.

It would be awesome if this was ever done, but what would you say the chances are? 0-None, or higher?

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#2 08/24/07 02:08

itstemo1

Re: 'Think We'll ever be able to bind keystrokes/ect. to single keys?

empty

Last edited by itstemo1 (09/04/17 20:09)

#3 08/24/07 04:08

Last_Hero

I've been meaning to work on an AutoIt script that performs special attacks at the press of a button.
Sadly, since AutoIt is a Windows only language, it would not work for Mac users.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#4 08/24/07 15:08

geyser
Website

The Dev-Mode offers quick keyboard shortcuts to slow motion and fast mode. Fast mode can be used to fast-forward cutscenes, obviously enough.
As an extra commodity, PC scripting allows one to fast-forward cutscenes line-by-line (since the fast_mode variable is visible from scripts on PC).
So the answer to Jon God is: yes, as long as you're not asking for single hotkeys, it's already there. Just use the Daodan or the upgraded Oni X.

@ itstemo1: we've been through this, haven't we? You already asked about the possibility of throwing combos at the push of a button and I told you smile
There are 2 hotkeys in Oni that are meant exactly for this: triggering 2 custom animations on the player character. The Dev Mode auto-binds them.
You can use the Dev Mode console to specify what animations you want to be played when you press F2 or F3 (or you can write a mini-script for that).
Then you have to press F9 (start_record) for both hotkeys to become active, and then press F2 or F3 whenever you want, and as often as you want.
The only issue with that is that the recording buffer has a limited capacity, so Oni will Blam after half an hour or so, unless you press F10 (stop_record).

Last edited by geyser (08/24/07 15:08)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 08/24/07 17:08

Jon God

I was talking about single keys.

Jon-God.jpg

#6 08/24/07 20:08

itstemo1

empty

#7 08/24/07 21:08

geyser
Website

@ both of you: New hotkeys are not a problem, but they're not exactly a priority, either. Sorry.
And it's all the less of a priority as there already are hotkeys that do exactly what you want.
You just want them (slightly) more convenient than they already are: last on our TODO list.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 08/24/07 21:08

itstemo1

empty

#9 08/24/07 21:08

Jon God

Well, I wasn't requesting it, more I was questioning if it was possible.

At least for the 2 things I mentioned.

Jon-God.jpg

Board footer