Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/11 22:07

Samer
Website

Who's Your favorite ?

collagerere.jpg

I just wanted to know who's ur favorite custom character out of the ones shown here ? who's ur favorite playable custom character & who's ur favorite to fight against ? (excluding the ones who haven't been released yet bgi_female_boss, Jester and Typhoon)

and what suggestions do u have to make any of the ones I've made better ?

Last edited by Samer (07/06/11 22:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/06/11 22:07

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Who's Your favorite ?

Motoko. and high poly count models big_smile

#3 07/06/11 23:07

Samer
Website

wish the game engine would love high poly count models too big_smile

#4 07/06/11 23:07

Mukade

I havent played them all but my favorite playable is Akane for sure. To fight against... well Motoko is a great opponent, so is grey fury

Last edited by Mukade (07/06/11 23:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 07/06/11 23:07

Lithium

Casey

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#6 07/07/11 11:07

Mukade

Actually you know now that I look at him, I think it's the hammer (bottom right, one to the left), the body looks fantastic, but the head is really off. I would give it more of a cybernetic head, this one, I dunno, it really doesn't match the body at all...

If you really want, I can *try* to draw you a sketch of something that might look better :-/

Last edited by Mukade (07/07/11 11:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#7 07/07/11 13:07

Yoriko

I like the characters that could possibly be from the oni universe (Dont care much about the others, it's oni I want), however I do like fighting master chiefs aswell, they are powerful, tough and can be a real challenge when they augument their strenght in numbers.
I like the bgi characters (agents are really challenging) aswell as Kojiro whom I like to play as and the greyfury which I like to fight. I love sub-bosses and really strong enemies in small groups that you cannot spam devil spin kick on to win but you need to think about what you're doing. The custom character I've played as the most must be shinatama bot tied with Casey. I'd really like to know what kind of role Casey would've played in the game, I guess we'll never know. hmm

Last edited by Yoriko (07/07/11 13:07)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#8 07/07/11 16:07

Samer
Website

no mukade that's the typhoon by EdT not the hammer smile haven't started on the hammer yet smile
we thought as casey as griffin's son and konoko's love interest

Last edited by Samer (07/07/11 16:07)

#9 07/07/11 20:07

Mukade

Ohh, well okay, but what I said still applies wink

#10 07/11/11 16:07

kyletm57

To play as, definitely Motoko, mainly because i'm a huge fan of GITS. My favorite to fight are any of the bgi characters.

banner2440.jpg

#11 07/11/11 17:07

Samer
Website

no hayate fans tongue ? all his combos are kinda new and he's fast + custom super moves and sounds big_smile

Last edited by Samer (07/11/11 17:07)

#12 07/11/11 18:07

Mukade

Still haven't tried him :-/

I will though! I've just been concentrating more on modding and forums than on playing lately ;D

#13 07/11/11 19:07

kyletm57

Hayate is awesome, very well done and fun to use, but not my favorite

banner2440.jpg

#14 07/11/11 19:07

Lithium

ShinBot is the hardest to beat D:

#15 07/13/11 06:07

Samer
Website

yeah she's using brutal konoko's melee id with most of konoko's moves tongue in an update i'll tone her down a bit.

#16 07/13/11 13:07

NeverMore

Samer wrote:

no hayate fans tongue ? all his combos are kinda new and he's fast + custom super moves and sounds big_smile

I am.I like the custom moves "c+p"(Mutant Muro super punch move?) and "c...-c,k"(from POP) best!
Thanks for your efforts,Samer.But I wonder if you can improve some damage of Hayate's moves ,because those damage is a bit low when fighting against a gang:)

Last edited by NeverMore (07/13/11 13:07)

#17 07/13/11 13:07

Lithium

I find his running kick throw do some good amount of damage.

#18 07/13/11 13:07

Mukade

Well, I tried him, and he's a decent character, but too slow for my taste. Also his p+p+p combo bugs if you try to execute it too quickly after you've already done it. It goes p1 p2 p3, p2 p3, p2 p3.... I think you have to go into the third punch and add a delay to the end of it

#19 07/13/11 16:07

Samer
Website

@ mukade i was unable to replicate what u said, it goes p1,p2,p3 for me :\ there is a soft pause = 1 after p3 maybe i need to increase it though, will do in the next version smile

however u have to get used to the timing, like shinatama says in training u have to press\click in the middle of the move, these 3 punches are faster than konoko's (and ninjas) if u are only used to them u'll find the timing off for the first time.

about the moves speeds, he uses red's, muro's and ninja's moves the fastest moves in the game smile + i even removed some frames to make them faster.  take his ppk for example or ppp or kkk or kkfwk they're definitely faster than konoko's aren't they ? (based on muro's punches and ninja's kicks)

and he uses ninjas' running animations and dodges. sooo ...
which moves exactly did u find slow ? it would help to know which so i speed them up in a future release ..
but in my tests he could easily out-speed konoko, ninjas and muro.

@ NeverMore yeah u got it right ^_^ but actually i made the damage equal to that of konoko's moves. i always compare new characters moves to konoko's. PPK's damage is same as konoko's so are willow kick , kkfwk and kkk and ppp and the supers & both the low kick and low punch. any particular move u noticed is low in damage ? i could have forgotten to adjust some.

Last edited by Samer (07/13/11 17:07)

#20 08/08/11 09:08

onirulez

Akane and Grey Fury

Last edited by onirulez (08/15/11 13:08)

"Your mine!"

#21 09/05/11 23:09

Knox

Kojiro.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#22 01/02/12 14:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#23 01/02/12 15:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

I choose MOTOKO !

P.S. Who the hell are all these other characters? I never seen them before yikes

They were custom characters created by some members of this forum, including EdT and Samer.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#24 01/02/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#25 01/02/12 16:01

Lithium

Most of them were created by Samer or Edt

Board footer