Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/17/11 13:06

3D-Map-Universe

***Work In Progress***

MKA1 maverick gun (black adder bullet,fast) Begin modelled.
http://imageshack.us/f/862/startc.png/

#2 06/17/11 13:06

TOCS

Re: ***Work In Progress***

Ahh, great to see some progress in your project. smile Looks like some of us, were wrong about you after all.

#3 06/17/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

i continue this tommorow xD i make a fast Halo Weapon ^^ M4A1 is long

Last edited by 3D-Map-Universe (06/17/11 14:06)

#4 06/17/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

i release the Halo Sword wapon in 10 or 20 min

#5 06/17/11 15:06

TOCS

Dude, you gotta chill out and take one thing at a time. Instead of having hundreds of task to do at the same time, focus on one and finish it, then continue. In that way it won't frustrating as well. If I were you, I'd actually take a look around to see what's needed, because honestly I don't think a Halo Sword would fit the game, nor would work properly. It would have to apply with melee somehow, which I can't really imagine. tongue

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we'd rather see one thing being just magnificent, rather than a couple of flops. tongue So take your time to complete something, and make it beautiful. smile But of course, I can only advice you.

#6 06/17/11 15:06

Delano762
Website

TOCS wrote:

nor would work properly. It would have to apply with melee somehow, which I can't really imagine. tongue

Ummm, I've seen a video with that kung fu guy from Samer who was using a sword. It looked drunk, more or less. And I can't remember this video or how it was named.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#7 06/17/11 15:06

TOCS

Yeah, I saw that as well but it seemed like it was never finished. It wasn't applied to melee properly, but just a basic weapon class.

#8 06/17/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

test Halo weapon Sword,the texture aren't good i just pick in on google big_smile my weapons count 628 vertice and it's a small weapons. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 … stoni.jpg/

#9 06/17/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

i think to add mercury bow particle to replace the shitty energy texture like in the middle to hold the weapons in hand

#10 06/17/11 15:06

Delano762
Website

Goddamnit sir, DON'T DO DOUBLE POSTS, USE EDIT BUTTON TO EDIT YOUR POSTS SO YOU CAN ADD NEW STUFF THERE.
"Or we'll peck your eyes out" -VRock commercial

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#11 06/17/11 15:06

Lithium

Does anyone even care at this point?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#12 06/17/11 16:06

Iritscen

I do care, especially when the second post comes one minute after the first post.  I just didn't want to seem like a moderator who only points out people's infractions instead of encouraging them to contribute.  But yes, please use the Edit button, 3D-Map.

The gun looks nice, although I honestly don't know that we need new weapon models.  I couldn't see anything at all in the picture of the sword, so I can't comment on it.  But 3D-Map, please be aware that we don't have the ability to use melee weapons, despite some experiments, so it might look nice in-game, but it won't do very much.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#13 06/17/11 17:06

Dirk Gently
Website

Protip, best way to be helpful is to remodel existing weapons in higher detail models, then uv map and texture them to match the originals. We have a need for HD content.

#14 06/17/11 18:06

Samer
Website

my work with the sword was experimental, i just made him carry it and just displayed existing moves, the plan was and still is to modify these animations and to find a way to enforce collision with particles, putting particles on the sword ... btw u can always recheck the thread :\ to know the video and what i said about it .

however i don't see how a halo sword would fit in.

3D map i thought u're working on the mercury bow ? .. i agree with Dirk it would be more helpful in my opinion to remodel existing weapons than to make new ones ... let's improve the original game instead of adding stuff that might not please all tastes. ur decision of course.

Last edited by Samer (06/17/11 19:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 06/17/11 18:06

3D-Map-Universe

yes Samer good idea,and no at this time i don't workd on any modding,why i just set up my new computer (windows 7) and i can't install AE because my fucked HDD it's in Read Only i can't remove the read Only, i don't know why -_- but it's easy to remake an existed weapons. "SORRY FOR EDIT"

#16 06/17/11 18:06

3D-Map-Universe

remake all weapon it's not useally ??

Last edited by 3D-Map-Universe (06/17/11 19:06)

#17 06/17/11 18:06

Dirk Gently
Website

3D-Map-Universe wrote:

yes Samer good idea,and no at this time i don't workd on any modding,why i just set up my new computer (windows 7) and i can't install AE because my fucked HDD it's in Read Only i can't remove the read Only, i don't know why -_- but it's easy to remake an existed weapons. "SORRY FOR EDIT"

OK, that is nice and all, however that means that all this stuff you are making for us is not going to be useful at all. neutral

#18 06/17/11 19:06

Iritscen

This is really a Windows support issue, not an Oni support issue, but I did a little Googling, not sure if this will help: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-sup … older.html.

#19 06/18/11 06:06

3D-Map-Universe

thanks. it's good. Thanks !

#20 06/18/11 09:06

Yoriko

3D-Map-Universe@ Are you an animator or a modeler?
If you can do animations I have a little request for you smile
But finish up what you've started/working on first.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#21 06/18/11 10:06

3D-Map-Universe

Yoriko I'm an Animator / Modeler And more great for mapping xD a test Barabus Anim Escape Jetpack Move (like the lab) if you kill him. photometrics light rendered in 3ds max (i use XSI + 3ds max) because 3ds max for anim it's the best ^^ test,you can't good realise if he fly but in game i think that's pretty good with the jetpack particle.   http://download926.mediafire.com/a2ao61 … s+test.avi     but in 3ds max the model is completly black xD

Last edited by 3D-Map-Universe (06/18/11 10:06)

#22 06/18/11 10:06

3D-Map-Universe

i can't convert akevcompund.oni to DAE it's normal ??

#23 06/18/11 10:06

3D-Map-Universe

It's done i have forget to tick OBJ to extract the level

Last edited by 3D-Map-Universe (06/18/11 11:06)

#24 06/18/11 10:06

TOCS

Once again I think we have to remind you, to use the "Edit" button. hmm

#25 06/18/11 11:06

Iritscen

Ironically he edited his first post, and then added a second post a minute later (then a third 21 minutes after that) -_-  3D-Map, if no one has responded to your previous post, please don't post again; use the Edit button to add to the previous post.  You said something about trying to convert AKEVcompound to DAE, but you didn't say what error you were getting.  Then you posted a picture of Barabas for no discernible reason.  For everyone's sake, please try to communicate more clearly.  I can't follow what you're saying at all.

Board footer