Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/01/10 11:08

Lukas Kreator

Help with Chars and Particles

Can someone help me? I am not very good at modding chars or particles (actually, I know nothing lol), but how could I make, for instance, Konoko explode like the Mad Bomber?

Thanks

#2 08/01/10 11:08

TOCS

Re: Help with Chars and Particles

As far as I know exploding characters is controlled by a script, though I'm not sure. If you know nothing at this point, I suggest you to look around the galore to get a better understand of it all.

http://wiki.oni2.net/Main_Page

#3 08/01/10 11:08

Mukade

Well, to sort of answer the question you asked, like TOCS said, it's a script. If you open mad bomber's ONCC in XML format, and there should be something like <Death></Death or something to that effect, and in between there should be the name of a function (script) that makes it blow up. I haven't actually checked this, so I could be wrong smile

Anyways, if you copy whatever is in between those tags and change konoko's tags to match, you should get the same effect wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 08/01/10 11:08

Lukas Kreator

I tried this with <DeathParticle>. Nothing happened...

#5 08/01/10 12:08

EdT
Website

This is from the madbomber's ONCC in xml.

<DeathParticle>mad_e01</DeathParticle>
<DeathDeleteDelay>190</DeathDeleteDelay>

#6 08/01/10 12:08

paradox-01

Other two cent:
- Make sure that you put your modified file into a package and installed it.
- Kill the right character. (What outfit is what ONCC name? Use "x" cheat and shapeshift. The ONCC names will be displayed.)

#7 08/01/10 12:08

Lukas Kreator

I tried it, but it didn't work... Anyway, I'll try one more time and tell the results...

#8 08/01/10 12:08

Lukas Kreator

Thank you! It worked!  big_smile

#9 08/01/10 12:08

Lukas Kreator

Well, can someone upload the original konoko_generic ONCC? Cuz I lost mine XD

Thanks

EDIT: Also, I tried replacing... Didn't work somewhy...

WTF It just worked without any konoko ONCC in the folder...

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/01/10 12:08)

#10 08/01/10 13:08

Lukas Kreator

Fixed it, sorry... Reinstalled AE.

#11 08/02/10 01:08

Mukade

Well, doesn't Konoko have multiple ONCCs?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 08/02/10 03:08

Gumby

Next time, just pull from GameDataFolder\level0_Final\ Those files exist only as backup.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#13 08/03/10 14:08

Lukas Kreator

Oh, thank you.

#14 02/02/11 18:02

Samer
Website

mm just a correction it's not a script .. just a particle ... when i made shinatama bot all i had to do was add the particle in the ONCC to make her explode when she dies.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 02/02/11 19:02

Lithium

Wait GameDataFolder is only a backup? I'm a moron at this, so uh where are the real files?
Or are they in the GDF and I only just got confused here

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#16 02/02/11 19:02

Gumby

The folders inside GDF are backup.

#17 02/02/11 19:02

Lithium

Ok thank you Gumby. So where exactly are the real folders? You know if i download something from the depot that isn't a package and i want to install it? Just a quick question smile

#18 02/02/11 19:02

Samer
Website

oxe in the folder where u have the edition there's a Game data folder, replacing bsl in this folder will affect the anniversary edition so putting the bsl files of OZG in there will allow u to play OZG, but once the AE installer si run it will re-repalce those bsl by the original bsl which are stored in the backup.

...\Edition\GameDataFolder\IGMD replacing those files the raw files for example or bsl in the IGMD will affect the game play but once the Ae installer is run they will be re-replaced by the originals from backup.
the raw and oni files u see in it are always removed and rewritten whenever u install a package.

the backup bsl are in : ...\Edition\GameDataFolder\BSLBackup  so in case u want to restore the original bsl manually u always have a backup.

and they are also in : ...\Edition\install\packages\VanillaBSL  i think when u deselect a bsl package the originals get withdrawm from here, not sure why there are 2 bsl backup folders

...\Edition\install\VanillaDats  this folder contains the original oni and raw files .. replacing things here doesn't affect gameplay, these are backups so u shouldn't change any files here ...

so the best thing to do is to just make package of whatever files u have and install them with AE installer.  u can make bsl package but just make sure to remove the read only attribute of the folder ( right click> properties> uncheck read only) also make sure there's a line in the mod_info.cfg that says HasBsl -> Yes
and if u have dat files u can break them down into oni files by the decompile feature of onisplit gui and make them a package.

P.S moderators : sorry for posting all this on this thread :\

#19 02/02/11 21:02

EdT
Website

One tidbit, make a text file called ignore.txt and put it in the IGMD/level folder you don't want AEInstaller to overwrite.

#20 02/02/11 21:02

Lithium

Ah thanks Edt smile. What would we do without you, now i can mod my OTA Oni folder without having to replace everything

#21 02/02/11 22:02

Gumby

Samer wrote:

oxe in the folder where u have the edition there's a Game data folder, replacing bsl in this folder will affect the anniversary edition so putting the bsl files of OZG in there will allow u to play OZG, but once the AE installer si run it will re-repalce those bsl by the original bsl which are stored in the backup.

...\Edition\GameDataFolder\IGMD replacing those files the raw files for example or bsl in the IGMD will affect the game play but once the Ae installer is run they will be re-replaced by the originals from backup.
the raw and oni files u see in it are always removed and rewritten whenever u install a package.

Correct

the backup bsl are in : ...\Edition\GameDataFolder\BSLBackup  so in case u want to restore the original bsl manually u always have a backup.

Correct

and they are also in : ...\Edition\install\packages\VanillaBSL  i think when u deselect a bsl package the originals get withdrawm from here, not sure why there are 2 bsl backup folders

Every install the BSL files are pulled from there. BackupBSL\ is only created once, just in case somebody was working on a BSL mod when AE first came out with BSL packages.

...\Edition\install\VanillaDats  this folder contains the original oni and raw files .. replacing things here doesn't affect gameplay, these are backups so u shouldn't change any files here ...

No, oh god, no. These are the base files used for creating your AE install. Every time you hit install, they are combined with the mods you select. Replacing things there does affect gameplay, but it is highly recommended to not touch them.

so the best thing to do is to just make package of whatever files u have and install them with AE installer.  u can make bsl package but just make sure to remove the read only attribute of the folder ( right click> properties> uncheck read only) also make sure there's a line in the mod_info.cfg that says HasBsl -> Yes
and if u have dat files u can break them down into oni files by the decompile feature of onisplit gui and make them a package.

P.S moderators : sorry for posting all this on this thread :\

That's ok. I've been meaning to post the inner workings of AE for a while now. I typed it up for my portfolio a few weeks ago but I haven't gotten around to making a post about it.

#22 02/03/11 09:02

Delano762
Website

I have a question about AI. I was adding Muro's moves to Furies in order to make minibosses out of them. Thing is they're kinda dumb with these moves, e.g. they NEVER make comb_p_p_p_p (last punch in Muro's punch combo), only blue ones do the throw_back (Muro's neck break) and red ones not only won't do that throw_back, but they won't even break my leg - throw_fw, and instead spam me, and they never use escape moves. And more. How can I adjust their AI to Muro's moves? What are the files responsible for that?

Last edited by Delano762 (02/03/11 09:02)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#23 02/03/11 12:02

Samer
Website

@ Delano762 u have to change the melee Id, they naturally don't have a p_p_p_p so they won't use it .. u have to give them muro's melee ID .. u make the change in the BINACJBOCharacter file of the level they appear in after u convert it to xml

the combat id is for moves like Barabas's regeneration Mukades teleportation, Muro's electricity .. given they have the animation in their trac and particles in Oncc

if u have more questions make a new thread and I'll be happy to help.

#24 02/04/11 21:02

Mukade

The computer is too dumb to realize that the animations it's playing are not that of furies, its just pressing buttons for situations where its told. Yes, changing their Melee ID to add the move does work, I've done it with one of my new animations, but to make the AI as effective as you might want it to be, you also need to tell it under what situations it must use it in. For example, the ninja's super punch, which is used at considerable range. If the ID didn't tell it to use it at that range, it would try to use it a close range, which isn't really what it's meant for.

Making any sense?

#25 02/05/11 06:02

Delano762
Website

Mukade wrote:

The computer is too dumb to realize that the animations it's playing are not that of furies, its just pressing buttons for situations where its told. Yes, changing their Melee ID to add the move does work, I've done it with one of my new animations, but to make the AI as effective as you might want it to be, you also need to tell it under what situations it must use it in. For example, the ninja's super punch, which is used at considerable range. If the ID didn't tell it to use it at that range, it would try to use it a close range, which isn't really what it's meant for.

Making any sense?

Yes, I get it. Changing Melee ID is nearly like changing TRACs: You give some of Muro's moves to Konoko, but where the hell is, for example, impact flash? I have to edit the TRAMs then. Similar thing here: Changing Melee ID does the trick, they're tougher, but it seems like I'm missing something. So I have to edit the Melee ID. The question is the same as before: What's the name of Melee ID files?

Last edited by Delano762 (02/05/11 06:02)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer