A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/03/07 12:07

s10k
Website

Easter Egg 2

Easter Egg 2
---------------------------

I am just reading old topics from the first oni.bungie.org forums and look what I just found:

Posted By: Joyeuse <joyeuse@hot-shot.com> Date: 9/6/02 6:31 a.m.

I only drop by this forum occasionally, and only for a month or so now, so this might have been discovered before and posted already. It's just a little thing, anyway.

On the airport hangars level, you have to find a grappling hook (or whatever it is) so you can later lower yourself down onto Muro's plane. Well, I was watching TV while playing Oni, and I ran into the room/alcove area where the hook is at, and just stood in there without picking it up, devoting my full attention to the TV. A few minutes or so later, I was a bit surprised to hear a little musical jingle playing in the background. It played a few times until I moved, and then it didn't happen again when I tried to duplicate it.

It probably only happens if you don't touch anything for a few minutes, and maybe it only triggers once. I don't rightly know. Just thought I'd share.

-Joy

http://carnage.bungie.org/oniforum/oni. … read=19813

Hmm, this happened also a some of you, or is just a story? (never tested)

Last edited by s10k (07/03/07 12:07)

#2 07/06/07 04:07

Mango

Re: Easter Egg 2

I tried this. And it didn't work. I don't know if it was the wrong part of the room or something, but...
I'll try it again whilst standing on the hook.

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#3 08/23/07 22:08

itstemo1

empty

Last edited by itstemo1 (09/04/17 20:09)

#4 08/24/07 15:08

geyser
Website

I can't see anything that would trigger the Easter Egg, neither in scripts nor in binary.
And nothing in the sound files that sounds like a little musical jingle, for that matter.
(there's the "amasian" theme, but it's not available in CHAPTER 5: HOT PURSUIT...)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 08/25/07 01:08

Mango

Maybe the guy who did this was hallucinating?

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#6 08/25/07 06:08

Loser

Mango: You mean something like THIS ?? ^_^'''

Last edited by Loser (08/25/07 06:08)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#7 08/25/07 09:08

geyser
Website

No more pizza before Oni: jingles!

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer