Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#301 04/04/11 05:04

Delano762
Website

Re: Various New characters Project

Meh, I think it's better to go with Konoko's SWAT suit rather than Tactical Agent's suit.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#302 04/04/11 09:04

TheCreature

Umm... I didn't really understand all of that, EdT.  I've still got much to learn.

And I think it makes more sense for Konoko to have a unique suit, considering she's their only "Daodan Agent" and all.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#303 04/04/11 09:04

Delano762
Website

TheCreature wrote:

And I think it makes more sense for Konoko to have a unique suit, considering she's their only "Daodan Agent" and all.

That was the last argument I expected lol

Last edited by Delano762 (04/04/11 09:04)

#304 04/04/11 10:04

Samer
Website

very interesting smile
although I think Konoko's tctf outfit would have looked more (femaley) tongue
i think a compromise would be to use konoko's tctf trbs with the textures from casey tctf and black tctf textures (but adjusted to fit the UV maps, better manipulating the UV maps on XSI to fit the textures instead of manipulating the textures to fit the UV maps).
but i think using konoko's tctf hd armor (textures and all) would be the easiest and best looking. i like the 4th head from the scientist.
i don't think they'd make her wear a unique suit because she's a daodan agent when they were trying to hide that fact from her tongue

what EdT said abt spawning female cops instead of male ones.
convert ONCC of the female cop to xml. the ONCC is in the package.
search for that line ... <Variant>ONCVcopfem</Variant> and change it to <Variant>ONCVcopmale</Variant>
reconvert to oni.

by doing this .. the female cop becomes almost like another outfit for the male cop.
( the furies for example there are one with brown hair one with head band and one with black hair ( 3 different costumes) they all have ONCVred for example. so in a level in the BINACHAR file if given flag RandomCostume the game will choose from the existing costumes of the fury and either spawn the brown head or the black head .. etc.

u'll be doing the same. the game will consider the female cop as a second outfit for the male cop. and maybe choose the "female cop outfit" instead of the male one. provided the randomcostume flag was set.

However this way they'll still have the male cop melee id.

Last edited by Samer (04/04/11 10:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#305 04/04/11 16:04

Lithium

So they'll dash and sweep then...lame

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#306 04/05/11 16:04

Samer
Website

regarding the joker character :
i was thinking of an annoying powered character.
mutant jester .. inspired by this character from "devil may cry 3"
Jester.jpg

so he's like Barabas a mutant .. instead of the white makeup it'll be white mutated skin skin ^_^ and instead of the jester curved hat thingy .. they can be like horns or spikes big_smile

he'll have "annoying" moves. example mutant muro's butt slam ... tanker's three knee grab ... and high agility. maybe health regeneration or teleportation.

a move i'd like to make or see made is a bouncy ball move big_smile similar to elite's canon ball but instead he bounces around ^_^

i have the trbs almost done except the hat head thingy .. still textures and moves. but this is the main idea .. to use The Creature's joker character sounds. ^_^

Last edited by Samer (04/25/11 18:04)

#307 04/06/11 17:04

Samer
Website

opinion :\ ?

#308 04/06/11 18:04

Iritscen

Well, I liked your idea. big_smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#309 04/07/11 17:04

Lukas Kreator

Good idea, Jester is really funny.

#310 04/10/11 11:04

Samer
Website

mm question ... does anyone know if there are certain requirements for the wav file ? I'm having problems getting the sounds into the game. I thought just converting them to wav from mp3 with my audio converter and then SNDD will do the trick.
but they're sounding very slow and weird in the game. if i convert the same SNDD back to wav i only get static ...
so should they have a certain bit rate ? and mono or stereo ... in short what are all the considerations to take ^_^ ?

EDIT : sorry nvm :$ figured it out

Last edited by Samer (04/10/11 12:04)

#311 04/10/11 14:04

Delano762
Website

Regarding sounds, I have a question too: For example, TCTF Master Chief has only one taunt sound - "No Escape" ("Ten yourself in" for BlackOps but let's skip him for now). And let's say, I want to replace it, and most of all - add a second taunt. SNDDs are the sound files, but which files are the ones that tell the game that Chief uses this sound?

#312 04/10/11 14:04

Leus
Website

Did I read something about needing voice actors?  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#313 04/10/11 15:04

Lithium

Hmm Leus could do some good voice acting. But for who? How about the joker character?

#314 04/10/11 16:04

Samer
Website

ouh the creature made the joker ones already .. how about the bgi agents big_smile ?? they need taunts and super move voices ^^
before u posted this Leus  i was going to ask u if u want to do some voices since u rap and have a good voice ^^

Delano : check this http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1240 had the same question when making shinibot. post 17 to 21 should answer ur question ... kojiro's thread also has some info abt sound modding http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1282 post 7 to 13

#315 04/10/11 18:04

Lithium

Well I saw a video with Leus in it, I guess his voice would be good for BGI. Maybe a sort of smug voice, like they know they're badass smile

#316 04/10/11 20:04

Leus
Website

Haha I'll try, I probably won't be good at sounding manly or intimidating but it'll be fun nonetheless, what are the specifics on this?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#317 04/16/11 19:04

Leus
Website

I have a random idea:  Someone should make a badass Kerr.  Lol.

Also what ever happened to the Hydra?

#318 04/17/11 02:04

Samer
Website

Leus u seriously read my mind :\ ! been thinking about Kerr for a while now .
i was thinking of either a young Kerr, or Kerr in an advanced technological suit big_smile .. or both ^_^ i ws thinking abt that for griffin ... but then i thought why not kerr :\ ? he hasn't had much to do yet.
but i've put it on hold cause i'm hoping Severed would make him a cool face texture ...

the Hydra ... is also one of the projects on hold. now since i've started on animation i'm not going to be satisfied without making her new moves. and I'm unhappy about the previous model and textures so I'll probably start over. I feel like i can do better with her, but the inspiration hasn't came yet tongue

once i finish hayate which seems will require more time than i expected (still going to make him a second look), i'm going to continue jester, then work on sarai's model and update the BGI agents.

i have some news that u may like though .. a buffy outfit for konoko is in progress. ( i'll be using parts from laracoft model)
and although i'm not a fan but i plan to make a chuck norris character tongue he'll have one move only but causes very high damage tongue ... a bonus character. but it's very low on the list.

other projects currently on hold : mutant konokos, semi mutant muro ... regenerating tanker, typhoon.

the problem is uni is very demanding this semester i'm not having enough time to do anything even in weekends and vacations, hopefully i'll have more time when summer starts.

#319 04/17/11 10:04

Leus
Website

Haha, sounds awesome man.  I understand how it is to be busy.  Lookin' forward to that stuff though.  smile

I was thinking about Griffin too, actually.  I was thinking that maybe, out of desperation, he had a chrysallis implanted in himself.

#320 05/08/11 16:05

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

HAMMERS
    The Hammer is an early model combat-ready android developed by BGI.  It is slow moving both in travel and combat, but can withstand a lot of damage and delivers powerful blows from its arms which are weighted at the ends; hence the name.  It also can quickly close the gap between itself and an opponent with its ability to compress into a fast-rolling ball.  It is, however, only able to roll in a straight line.

recently I had an idea about these guys .. how to make them look and which moves to give them and all.

but I need something for the TRBS :\
does anyone have or can get ... a hammer or anvil dae or obj model ? i would incorporate it into the character's trbs ...

i know there are some sites that give u free models, 3d objects .. i'm not familiar with them though.

#321 05/08/11 19:05

EdT
Website

Anything on this page you might like? http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index. … _order=asc

#322 05/09/11 08:05

Samer
Website

Edt Thanks smile
i like this most http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds … mer/491203
and these http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I … /ID/553765
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fre … mer/411067

however i have a problem :\ that they don't open with xsi in the current file format.  max and 3ds.

so i used the fbx converter we used before, it was able to convert the 3ds to fbx, and then i converted that fbx to dae, when i did that however, the hammer won't show textures even if i select them and put textured decal.

do u know how i can convert directly to dae or obj from max or 3ds ?

EDIT : the site is really cool big_smile there are so many stuff i could use in my models ^_^ i found a cool hat for casey
tongue a cowboy hat that i can use for a chucknorris mod tongue and a skirt for the new bgi boss ^_^

Last edited by Samer (05/09/11 09:05)

#323 05/09/11 17:05

EdT
Website

Here is the Hammer_01 in obj format: http://edt.oni2.net/3D/hammer_01.zip

Unfortunately, unless someone has 3D Max program, there is no way to open those max files.

#324 05/10/11 11:05

Samer
Website

thanks EdT .. how did u convert it tongue ?

#325 05/10/11 13:05

EdT
Website

Samer: I use a Mac program for most of the simple 3D stuff. I only use XSI when I'm making animations.

One question, why do you convert the fbx to dae?  XSI should import fbx directly.

Board footer