Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#276 03/02/11 17:03

TheCreature

Re: Various New characters Project

Ok.  I'll upload batches as .zip in the future.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#277 03/02/11 17:03

Lithium

Just make a new RAR in WinRAR smile

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#278 03/02/11 17:03

Gumby

Don't use RAR. sad

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#279 03/02/11 17:03

Lithium

Why!? D:

#280 03/02/11 23:03

Gumby

Because its not really superior to zip for small batches of files.

#281 03/03/11 00:03

Dirk Gently
Website

rar is teh sux

#282 03/03/11 00:03

Lithium

Screw you guys i'm going home >=(

So can he at least use Rar for the wavs then?

#283 03/03/11 01:03

Gumby

wavs still count as small.

#284 03/03/11 06:03

Iritscen

Mac users don't have easy access to the RAR format like they do with ZIP.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#285 03/03/11 08:03

Dirk Gently
Website

oxe161 wrote:

Screw you guys i'm going home >=(

So can he at least use Rar for the wavs then?

He would be using AIF not WAV, also what does the compression format matter?

#286 03/03/11 11:03

Samer
Website

what does any of this matter smile ? rar or zip or uploading single files or wav or aif or whatever ? in the end they'll be converted to oni files and then made into packages ... The Creature as far as I'm concerned I rather u keep putting them as single files and mp3 ...
and I have windows i can run both rar and zip.

Last edited by Samer (03/03/11 11:03)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#287 03/03/11 12:03

TheCreature

I'm with Samer on this one.  If I need to compress an especially large batch, it'll be in zip.  Until then, MP3s it is.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#288 03/28/11 16:03

Samer
Website

mm ok so anyone interested in some modding ?

this is a list of things that need to be done ... if u feel like u want to contribute here's a list of things u can help me out with tongue

: for those with texture experience, Ironytaken our newest member, u said u have texturing experience smile so if u want to I could use some help with the character retexture project .
example :
-a new face texture for Kerr that looks like Severed's textures. I'm better with female faces ...
-using Severed's texture that was used on Konoko in her cop outfit and then on Karens by me for male cops body..
-using fresher colors and removing the pixelation from other body\cloth textures like strikers' ninjas' furies'

for those with animation experience :
any of the moves i suggested here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1820
can be very useful for several characters ex : typhoon, bgi agents, hayate and new characters
paradox already made the prince of Persia look alike super kick.

BGI agents need new animations as well.

for those who are ok with some tedious work :
-adding hitfoot ouch animation to female tracs

another thing : ShinatamaBot.
when she makes some of her moves and returns to her idle pose there's a discontinuity .. if u have her installed .. do a triple punch and see how after the third punch there's a weird transition ... also for the third kick .. the kick low, basically any moves that aren't form konoko .. i need to fix the transition ... this is by editing the trams in xml .. there's a line that says interpolation end : 0 i need to change the 0 to 5 ... or 6 or max 8 that would make the transitions smoother. but i'll also need to edit the trac and tram ...

for example the k_k_k .. i used red's k_k_k i need to extract red_k_k_k as xml rename it to SHNCOMcomb_k_k_k put 5 instead of 0 and then add this move to the TRAC, then edit the SHNCOMcomb_k_k and change the link in it toSHNCOMcomb_k_k_k instead of REDCOM ... same for the p_p_p and the other moves with bad transitions.

and i need to change the tanker back punch throw i gave her to konoko's back punch throw ...

other things that can be done :
-recording female voices for Jamie hasegawa ... the creature already made some great ones for male characters

for those with an artsy creative side : suggestions, sketches, drawings for a new shinatambot outfit, kojiro outift, image concepts for Sarai ... 

those interested in particles : improving casey's and kojiro's chenille (keeping same colors) making golden\orange contrails and hit impacts for hayate

those interested in scripting and bsl :
importing Leus's OZG into the Arena level
adding the new characters to the OZG ( the wraith squad by Edt,  jubei and akane, james and jamie, hayate when released. )

the dream lab idea suggested here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1689

Custom Character Boss fights : adding the custom characters as Bosses in certain levels, example Casey in training level, Shinatamabot in the vault in TCTF redux, Grey Fury where shinatama is saved ( atmospheric processor interior), Kojiro at the end of atmospheric processor exterior where konoko gets a daodon spike or maybe at the airport ... etc ...

I will probably get to these one day :\ but help would be real nice if u're looking for something to do ^_^ cz i keep reading that the forum is quiet lately yet there's so much modding that can be done.

Last edited by Samer (03/28/11 16:03)

#289 03/28/11 17:03

Bozzman

Samer wrote:

using fresher colors and removing the pixelation from other body\cloth textures like strikers' ninjas' furies'

By fresh do you mean modern? or perhaps brighter? what exactly are you shooting for?

Here take this hypo!

#290 03/29/11 03:03

Samer
Website

both smile  example : 2011-02-08_092620.png
this is brighter and more modern tongue

but example : for the red clothes, using a red color similar to this one hayate22.jpg fresher\ brighter.

Last edited by Samer (03/29/11 03:03)

#291 03/31/11 12:03

TOCS

Nice job, once again! tongue But what about about adding envmaps on the calf of the TCTF Lite? tongue It's metal like the rest of the body, after all.

#292 03/31/11 12:03

Bozzman

Whenever I mess around with an envmap - stuff breaks. Invisible parts of models etc. Is there a certain method to editing and converting to get an envmap to work correctly?

Here take this hypo!

#293 03/31/11 22:03

Gumby

Just make sure you add the envmap and the envmap flag to the TXMP XML.

#294 04/01/11 06:04

Delano762
Website

Looking at the name of this topic, I've noticed that Oni lacks one kind of characters: The only female TCTF SWAT in the game is nobody other than Mai. If anyone will try this idea, then I also suggest some nice, crazy, japanese/anime hairdo a'la Konoko/Furies.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#295 04/01/11 06:04

Samer
Website

mm yeah that's right ... i'll add karen's in konoko's tctf swat outfit in the next release of character retexture project smile and maybe make a black swat one too.
it's a simple matter of just putting the female cop's head on the trbs of HD tctf konoko.
so actually Nitro u can do this if u want, simple trbs switching smile

#296 04/01/11 13:04

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

mm yeah that's right ... i'll add karen's in konoko's tctf swat outfit in the next release of character retexture project smile and maybe make a black swat one too.
it's a simple matter of just putting the female cop's head on the trbs of HD tctf konoko.
so actually Nitro u can do this if u want, simple trbs switching smile

Oi, come on! Make a new head/face! Watching the same 2 female cops for 10 years (3 for me) is a bit boring.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#297 04/01/11 16:04

Samer
Website

i don't know how to make "new faces" i know how to modify existing ones to make them look like new ones ( casey from karen .. hayate from scientist ) but it's not really a priority for me .to make new female cop faces .. i can make different face textures, (facial features, hair color) though tongue

if u want delano, u can give modifying the trbs and making a new head a try, it's not too difficult, u might come up with something real great smile and if u need any help ... i'm ready smile

#298 04/03/11 21:04

EdT
Website

Here are a couple of new female cops alongside the original ones:

NewCopfemales.jpg

I took Casey's body and resized it, changed heads, did some rough texture modifications.

EDIT: For those interested, here are the .oni files: http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/CopFemaleFiles.zip
Note, you will need to install the Casey package, since the female cops are using the textures from that package.

Last edited by EdT (04/03/11 22:04)

#299 04/03/11 22:04

TheCreature

Very Nice!  You get bonus points for awesomeness.  Hair seems to need a little texturing, but that's it.  Now, here's my bigger question:  Is it possible to import these lovely ladies into the existing levels to replace the male cops every once in a while?

#300 04/03/11 22:04

EdT
Website

TheCreature: Thanks, I know the hair textures needs improving, hopefully, Samer, or someone else can fix it.

It's possible for the female cops to replace the male cops. You would need to modify the ONCC for the female cops in xml and use this variant:  <Variant>ONCVcopmale</Variant> instead of <Variant>ONCVcopfem</Variant>  Now if in the BINACHAR for a level a male cop has this flag RandomCostume, then it's possible for a female cop to appear

Board footer