Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 07/24/09 20:07

dream996

Re: Anniversary Edition Release! (2009-07)

OK
1.do i use f7 to change the new gun and f8 to change to shinatama ?(fight)
2.WHAT if i want to stay the mod ?to i have o install again?

PunBB bbcode test

#152 07/24/09 21:07

Iritscen

I already answered the second question, remember?  If I understand you correctly, and you are asking how to change the mods that are active, you go back into the Installer and check some boxes, and then hit Install again.  It's very quick, you'll see.

F7 and F8 work as you said.  Just make sure to turn on Developer Mode with "x" first or they won't work.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#153 07/24/09 21:07

dream996

X ????why can't it be f12 ..i got use to it!XD

PunBB bbcode test

#154 07/24/09 21:07

dream996

do i close the installer ?afterward ??or do i leave it until i finish playing oni ,,,
by the way i can only use run-full to play oni in the edit folder .......what exactly is run-wind and full??
and do i have to put all the file in my gamedatafolder (original file) to the gamedatafolder (in the edition folder???

Last edited by dream996 (07/24/09 21:07)

PunBB bbcode test

#155 07/24/09 21:07

dream996

damn ! blam oni crashed .... !?
i tried the binkw32.dll and the patch ....still blam

Last edited by dream996 (07/24/09 21:07)

PunBB bbcode test

#156 07/24/09 23:07

dream996

now i have to copy the gamedatafolder file and creat a new file for it and but al the patch (bink32.dll ,vtuneapi........)to make it work ......
1. how should i fix the blam
2.shinatama look so wired ,,can i change her to the original colour ??

PunBB bbcode test

#157 07/25/09 08:07

Iritscen

Four posts in a row, dream996?  Really?

You can close the Installer when it's done.  It's an Installer, why would you leave it open?

Shinatama Too is that color to separate her from the original Shinatama, who is still her normal color.

run_wind.bat is supposed to run Oni in windowed mode.  It will work as long as you stop messing with the AE installation.  You are not supposed to move any files around manually.  The AE does what is necessary to install itself.  You don't put any bink DLL anywhere, and you don't copy any GameDataFolder anywhere.  Just start over with a clean Oni installation and put the Edition folder in Oni/ and run the Installer.  End of story.

#158 07/25/09 09:07

dream996

well ..... i can't use the oni in the edition folder i had to move the gamedatafolder from the edition folder and copy back what is need...to run it ...the oni patch in my editiong folder said BLAM ...(some reason ..)

PunBB bbcode test

#159 07/25/09 09:07

Iritscen

Sorry, I can't help you if you won't follow my instructions.  Start over with a new Oni installation, install the AE, and if the Oni.exe in Edition/ does not run, post your Install.log here.  Don't move any files around to try to fix the problem yourself.

#160 07/25/09 09:07

dream996

i did try it the whole day ...

Mod Installation started 2009-Jul-25 15:20:58
Reading files from J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Final;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Final;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\12000NewWeapons\oni\level0_Final\level0_Final;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\54000BrutalAI\oni\level0_Final\level0_Final
Removing duplicates
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.raw
Reading files from J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\11000BetterWeaps\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\12000NewWeapons\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\21010Motoko\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\33000ImprovedWeather\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\53000KnockdownRevamp\oni\level0_Final\level0_Particles
Removing duplicates
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Particles.dat
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Particles.raw
Reading files from J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\11000BetterWeaps\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\12000NewWeapons\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\21010Motoko\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\23000ShinatamaToo\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures;J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\packages\24000SeveredTextures\oni\level0_Final\level0_Textures
Removing duplicates
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Textures.dat
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Textures.raw
Reading files from J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Sounds
Removing duplicates
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Sounds.dat
Writing J:\ONI-\oni (game)\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Sounds.raw

PunBB bbcode test

#161 07/25/09 09:07

dream996

what about the blam ???? is not oni exe not working is a blam now.....

PunBB bbcode test

#162 07/25/09 09:07

Iritscen

Okay, can you post the startup.txt in Edition now?

#163 07/25/09 20:07

dream996

i got the ae working where they suppose to now =]]] thx 4 your help!

PunBB bbcode test

#164 07/26/09 09:07

love_Oni

Ire, this is the thing you need. Extract it to edition\install\packages and run AE installer.

If you don't like the AI improvement, just delete the folder level0_Final\level0_Final in my packages.

Also, a music if you like it.  smile

Last edited by love_Oni (07/26/09 09:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#165 07/26/09 09:07

dream996

what exactly is that !?

PunBB bbcode test

#166 07/27/09 07:07

love_Oni

That mod improves TCTF black ops' combat moves.

And I made this mod. It fixes some bugs in characters' moves. I put an instruction in it.

#167 07/27/09 18:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

Installing...
Testing stage 1 - Save Point 3 Atmospheric Interior
Testing stage 2 - Muro boss fight
Testing stage 3 - State building
Testing stage 4 - Training area
Testing complete.

Would you like a report? [Yes/No] Y

Please wait....

---------
Report as follows:
---------

Test stage 1 - TCTF troops have been seen jumping to much and avoiding  charging to make running throws

Test stage 2 - The result is better with the new and improved AI however still few running throws, plenty of "Lion Axes"

Test stage 3-  Irregular combos noticed and noted as good. Problem has been found: If a character is hit with the Van de Graff and you move to make a back throw, TCTF black ops dosen't do the throw (neck snap or so) instead makes a standard Lion Axe or Fist attack.

Test stage 4 - Problem found: if any character is walking (tested on drones) then again there is a problem with making back throws. Read above for more detail.

Final notes:

TCTF troops should be less jumpy with their jump + punch move, however jump + kick seemd to work good while charging an opponent. Rolling has been marked as excelent. Special moves appear more frequently now. Now if two TCTF troops fight side by side they are counted pretty problematic. Note: Changed move shift + kick is working very good with the standard AI due to shortened hit time. Faster kicks and punches noticed.

Suggestions:

Faster kicks. Still they are a bit too slugish.
Add throw range so that back throws can be preformed on stunned or moving characters. Also sometimes even if I hit the punch key Black Ops preforms the old throw (now assigned under kick)
Less jumps + punch combinations while next to a character
Increase health and throwing beheaviour.
Change the taunt from one (Turn yourself in) to more random ones (like Konoko) from the TCTF ealites (Pathetic, No escape, Justice is done etc.)

Would you like to leave a comment? [Yes/No] Y

Commentary:
Fine job I say. I always hated how the furies owned the black ops but now the fight is better (but still in favour of the furies) however all those improvements are working out for the good ol TCTF swat which has been underestimated for ages now. Thanks! I really appriciate it. Don't know how  but I'll find a way to repay you smile

Here http://img199.imageshack.us/i/inyourfacek.png/

Prompt
C:\>
C:\>exit

Would you like to log off ? [Yes/No] Y

-= LINK TERMINATED=-

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (07/27/09 19:07)

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#168 07/28/09 00:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Don't forget to add your packages to this thread:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1047

Even the fixed TRAM should be made into a package.

Do you have an account at: http://mods.oni2.net/  If not ask Iritscen for one, then you can upload your packages to that site.

#169 07/28/09 01:07

Gumby

love_Oni, what exactly is "fixed"? Some animation bugs are already fixed in AE.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#170 07/28/09 05:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

After a few more hours of testing:

Lion Axe does not always have the knockdown effect (tested on HQ redux)

Neck snap seems greatly underpowered (not to mention problems with being able to do it, read above)

Lion axe sound is somehow bugged, if you kill an enemy with it it does not always play that deep WHAM sound, instead it plays the normal hit (knockdown) sound.

During back throws sometimes the old bug appears - TCTF back throw animation is oddly replaced by striker back throw animation.

I think that the power of fron+kick throw is just a lil too much.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#171 07/28/09 05:07

love_Oni

Err.. sorry I don't have time for now so I'll reply Gumby first.

Have looked into the readme in the archive? I explained in it. You can compare to the old moves before install it.

#172 07/28/09 22:07

EdT
Website

A request: When you install a new mod, do not delete any non-official levels.  For example, if I create a new level plugin or install the Hexagon level, they are removed anytime I use the installer.

#173 07/28/09 22:07

Gumby

EdT, this problem will be solved one of two ways...

1. I'll eventually support new levels as a package
2. I'll have a folder where plugins can be put

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#174 07/29/09 02:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

@love_Oni
Along with some of my friends will be waiting for an update big_smile

#175 07/29/09 11:07

love_Oni

Let's see.

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Test stage 1 - TCTF troops have been seen jumping to much and avoiding  charging to make running throws

Notice that there are actually 2 kinds of SWAT' AI. One is for the normal TCTF SWATs, they jump very much, do Lion Axe and special move very often, but they seem not use any throws and they don't block often. One is for the TCTF black ops, they jump less often, never do Lion Axe and special move, but they use throws very often and they have good blocking/dodging skill. Some normal SWATs can take black ops' AI and some black ops can take normal SWAT's AI, the script and characters' profile arrange that. In fact, I only modified black ops' AI and I haven't modified normal SWAT's AI yet, just want to make a difference.

So if you see a black ops who jumps too much, that is because he took normal SWAT's AI.  big_smile

Sooo I am going to improve black ops' combat tactics. What I have to know is what exactly I have to do? Well...

Faster kicks. Still they are a bit too slugish.

To make a move go faster, the only way is to cut some frames of the move's animation. This kind of work is only be seen done by Loser, though I'm not good at it. Alternatively, what I can do is to make their kicks more stun/stagger a bit, and the enemy will have less chance to make a counter attack. Is that OK?

Add throw range so that back throws can be preformed on stunned or moving characters. Also sometimes even if I hit the punch key Black Ops preforms the old throw (now assigned under kick)

The problem of not being able to throw a stunned enemy does not regard  to throw range. It regards to throw shortcut (a little complexly, isn't it?). Throw shortcut (or move shortcut) means from which states a throw (or a move) can be performed. Actually this bug was fixed by one of Loser's previous mod. In it, all characters can do throw even an enemy get stunned. I don't know why that mod didn't be included in this AE. But since you requested, I will fix TCTF's throws for you.  smile

Less jumps + punch combinations while next to a character

As I mentioned above, that is normal SWAT's habit. But no matter, I'll fix that so they don't have to act *stupid* thing again.

Increase health

Increase black ops' health? The AE has made them tougher already. I need to know which character you want the TCTF SWAT has the same health as him. Elite? Ninja? or Barabas? ( lol  just kidding)

... and throwing beheaviour

OK.  smile

Change the taunt from one (Turn yourself in) to more random ones (like Konoko) from the TCTF ealites (Pathetic, No escape, Justice is done etc.)

I have never tried doing mod to move's sound yet, so I don't know what to do for this now. I'll look at this thing later.

Lion axe sound is somehow bugged, if you kill an enemy with it it does not always play that deep WHAM sound, instead it plays the normal hit (knockdown) sound

Looks like this is a bug. But no matter, everyone feels OK with this bug. How about you? ^_^

Lion Axe does not always have the knockdown effect

Of course, if you see a character gets hit by Lion Axe and is not knockdown, that means he tried to block it, but he still receives damage because Lion Axe is set as "Half-damaging" move. A character can be knockdown even he tried to block it if the move is set as "unblockable", but I think doing that for Lion Axe is not fair, since Lion Axe can be performed easily.

Neck snap seems greatly underpowered (not to mention problems with being able to do it, read above)

Hm..? I didn't modify anything for that throw. I just replaced it to the old one.

During back throws sometimes the old bug appears - TCTF back throw animation is oddly replaced by striker back throw animation.

Yeah... That bug seems to have never been fixed. If anyone knows how to fix it, please tell me.

I think that the power of fron+kick throw is just a lil too much

You mean the butt-kick throw? Actually it used to do 30 damage and I added 10 damage. Is it too much? Well I'll make it less damage then. tongue

All right. Just wait until I make an update OK?

P.S: Whoop. My sister-in-law has visited me 2 days ago. She has 2 babies and all of them are mischievous. I must play with them, watch over them and help my mother doing chores while she's cooking and washing clothes for the babies, so I don't have much time now. Oh well.  big_smile

Board footer