Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#1 16/10/10 13:43

Joltacks
Member

AE Not running!

Hi, I just learned about AE today after I reinstalled old Oni and wondered if there were any high poly Konoko models out there. I was hoping there would be something as high-res as a character in Aion.

My problem is after I globalized and installed a mod I double click on the Oni in AE and the screen just winks at me and thats about it.

I'm running vista 64bit.

Offline

#2 16/10/10 16:01

Mukade
Member

Re: AE Not running!

I can't help you with your technical problems, but I can tell you that, even if there are any high-poly models, you won't find any playable ones. Due to engine limitations and whatnot, there's a poly limit to each character.


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#3 16/10/10 16:36

TOCS
Member

Re: AE Not running!

That sounds kinda weerd. I had the same problem last time a did a reinstall; after globalizing I installed a mod - and it fixed the problem. yikes


T0CS.png

Offline

#4 16/10/10 17:24

Joltacks
Member

Re: AE Not running!

Um, I didn't have Edition in the Oni folder hmm

Offline

#5 16/10/10 17:48

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: AE Not running!

Mukade wrote:

I can't help you with your technical problems, but I can tell you that, even if there are any high-poly models, you won't find any playable ones. Due to engine limitations and whatnot, there's a poly limit to each character.

There can be higher poly count models than what we have, though.  Look at the one Leucha is making for Konoko.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Online

#6 16/10/10 19:27

Gumby
Member

Re: AE Not running!

Joltacks wrote:

Um, I didn't have Edition in the Oni folder hmm

What is the path of the Edition folder?


Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Offline

#7 16/10/10 22:01

Joltacks
Member

Re: AE Not running!

Gumby wrote:
Joltacks wrote:

Um, I didn't have Edition in the Oni folder hmm

What is the path of the Edition folder?

It is working now, I had to move it into the "Oni" folder.

Offline

#8 16/10/10 22:30

Joltacks
Member

Re: AE Not running!

Iritscen wrote:
Mukade wrote:

I can't help you with your technical problems, but I can tell you that, even if there are any high-poly models, you won't find any playable ones. Due to engine limitations and whatnot, there's a poly limit to each character.

There can be higher poly count models than what we have, though.  Look at the one Leucha is making for Konoko.

What's the max count?

I would like to see this Konoko!

Can't someone just edit the engine to remove a poly limit? If you have the source - have the source?

Offline

#9 17/10/10 4:41

TOCS
Member

Re: AE Not running!

As far as I know the polygon limit is 1024, so we can't make those high quality models which you see in newer games. Also every part of the body is made into piecies. The IP of the source is still being held by Take Two, so I don't think you should expect that to be released. We have something called engine patches though. By editing hexdecimals in the .exe itself, we have 512 x 512 textures, and RGBA32 etc. I think there's something about it on the wiki, if you want to know more.


T0CS.png

Offline

Board footer