Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/15/09 07:09

Samer
Website

Oni crashes after installing modded TRBS

i was trying to do a muro with a tctf body :S i did well until i installed the character ( i made a trbs and a oncc and trac and all) ... blam oni crashed and it keeps crashing after i removed it ... i think i have to reinstall sad

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/15/09 08:09

Iritscen

Re: Oni crashes after installing modded TRBS

If you made a package, you should only have to remove the package from packages/ and then hit Install again in the installer to remake Oni's data without your model in it.

So much for EdT's positive karma, the plusses and minuses have vanished as suddenly and inexplicably as they appeared.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 09/15/09 08:09

Samer
Website

Iritscen I had this problem before when I installed a package ... even after I remove it and hit install oni either doesn't start at all or starts then blams ... I tried to reglobalize as well and didn't work ...the only way i find is to reinstall ... which folders are affected when a new package is installed ? all the game data folder ? I'm thinking of backing up the folders that are affected and restoring them without having to reinstall again each time this happens . (this has happened several times before sometimes when i install a new package sometimes when i just uninstall a package :S) I'm on PC

#4 09/15/09 08:09

Iritscen

It's hard for me to understand that, because the AE has all the original Oni data backed up and works from that backup every time you hit Install.  You're sure that the copy of Oni you added the Edition folder to was a clean copy?

This article explains the AE installation process: http://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition/Framework .  It would probably benefit from a diagram, but maybe that will answer your questions.

#5 09/15/09 08:09

Samer
Website

yes i understand that .. I have installed it correctly ... and my copy is a fresh copy never modded or hacked before and i have it as original cd ... & this the first edition i have ever installed :\
I don't understand it either :S  could the vanilla dats be affected by something ? or the process to rebuild the levels from the oni files ... I included the starup, the debug the install and global files in a zip if that helps and if u have time :$

and i know this is off topic to Edt's original thread so feel free to move\remove the posts .

mm also i noticed there are 2 packages with the same number :S could that be causing the problem ?

53000FixedTRAM    &  53000KnockdownRevamp

Last edited by Samer (09/15/09 09:09)

#6 09/15/09 09:09

Iritscen

Hmm, I didn't realize we had a duplicate number.  53000FixedTRAM should be changed to 52100.  I'll fix that on the Depot in a minute.

Try changing the folder name and Mod_Info.cfg on your end, starting over with a new Edition installation, and let me know if that fixes the problem.  I don't see any obvious problems in your logs, besides the AE taking a very large amount of time to install.

#7 09/15/09 09:09

Samer
Website

OK NOW SOMETHING WEIRD :\ I deleted the edition all together and reinstalled from scratch ... installed the same packages I had before ...  and then reinstalled this package with (muro TCTFF TRBS) I did however change its number this time from 22223 to 22220 and the info

also i unchecked the fixed TRAM package ... and it worked this time  ! no crashes and the character shows up and everything ...

so my guess it wasn't the package or the TRBS ... something in the AE installation process doesn't work sometimes ...  come to think of it sometimes it feels faster than usual and that's when oni blams or doesn't start ...  I had this problem before when I installed Barbas draining regeneration package ...

Last edited by Samer (09/15/09 09:09)

#8 09/15/09 09:09

Iritscen

So, you changed your package but also removed the Fixed TRAM from the installation?  So do you know which thing fixed the AE?

#9 09/15/09 10:09

Samer
Website

the thing is I only changed the number of my package not any of the files and there wasn't any duplicate numbers for my package ...

and this has happened before and get fixed by a reinstall and without changing any numbers or unchecking the fixed TRAM ... so maybe it's the fact that I reinstalled :S

I will try to install the fixedTRAM package again and see what happens if it crashes then it's the duplicate number issue.

#10 09/15/09 10:09

Samer
Website

YUP IT CRASHED big_smile !!
now I just remove the Fixed TRAM package and click install ... which logically should work ... but after that Oni doesn't start at all :\

#11 09/15/09 10:09

Iritscen

Okay, I guess we've discovered a bug in the Installer, then.  It should simply install the packages in an undefined order when there are duplicate numbers, not corrupt the installation.  Of course, this starts with a human error, in numbering two packages identically, but it's still something we will need to address in the Installer.  It would also help if we had a single, comprehensive list of package numbers in one place :-\  Guess I really should make that....

#12 09/17/09 12:09

Samer
Website

Iritscen it happened again today :S It's definitely the fixed TRAM package even after i changed it's number ... once i uninstall this package oni works again :\ !  but as long as I have this package installed and try to install or remove a package oni crashes or doesn't start and sometimes starts without sounds :S

Last edited by Samer (09/17/09 12:09)

#13 09/18/09 22:09

Gumby

53000FixedTRAM is not an official AE Package, not really our fault. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#14 09/18/09 23:09

Iritscen

I will try to diagnose it, though, when I find a little time; I'd like to know where the bug is in those files that causes bad mojo to happen to the AE.

#15 09/21/09 13:09

Samer
Website

just thought I'd clarify If someone reads this thread .. the problem wasn't in the package but the installer did incomplete Game data folder files occasionally no matter what the package was causing the game to crash or not start  ....and it happened to do that when I tried this package ...

it was discussed more here
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1118

Board footer