Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/05/09 07:09

ItemfinderDeluxe

Looking for something odd in Oni

We all know how if an enemy spots you it will give chase to you and such. We also know how to make characters blind, deaf, or both. we can make them aware of specific characters and look at flags and characters as well.

What I want to find out is if there is any code or function that allows a character, if spotting you, to do something. That's because I was looking at the alarm codes and all of them seem to be ai2_doalarm functions. I want to find out if there is any way of making ANY character trigger an alarm if they spot Konoko.

And if that can be done I want to have every civilian panic at the sight of me tongue .

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#2 09/05/09 08:09

Loser

Re: Looking for something odd in Oni

Is THIS ( read info about alarm logic near the end of the site ) the thing you are looking for?

And panicking civillian is easy to do - attack him ^_^

Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#3 09/06/09 04:09

ItemfinderDeluxe

Sort of...

The actual idea I have in mind is an MGS "awareness system". The idea behind one enemy spotting you and calling for reinforcments, rather then the Oni system where every character that becomes aware of you will track you on their own. It's a bit confusing, but it's like going through the level with the moonshadow cheat and continually sneaking up on everyone to perform backbreakers. The AI doesn't notice you if you sneak past it, and it doesn't notice you until you attack it.

Besides, I was looking more along the lines of a possible BSL code that works on awareness. Namely,

IF [enemy] becomes aware of Konoko THEN
Play character animation
All currently spawned characters become aware of Konoko

This would only be used on certain levels, like 'neuro' and 'state'. But it would add a significant degree of difficulty to the game.

However it might also be possible to do something involving the 'pursuit distance' behaviours. You would need to create a new behaviour though. Perhaps call it 'Signal', and have it work so that enemies of the same affiliate within a certain distance will move to that character's location. Once the 'timer' passes of the pursuit distance behaviour the AI will attempt to return the characters who moved back to their original paths and such. Then again, it could be as simple as modifying the 'GoTo' behaviour, if that does what I think it does.

EDIT: I don't want to have to attack a civilian just to get it to panic roll . I'd rather have them quake in fear just from spotting me.

Last edited by ItemfinderDeluxe (09/06/09 04:09)

#4 09/06/09 07:09

Iritscen

I wonder, how to get a character to go to another character's location using BSL?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 09/06/09 11:09

Mukade

I'm sure its doable somehow

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 09/06/09 12:09

demos_kratos

I thought it's impossible. there is no BSL-accesible coord vars or arrays (I wonder if there is any arrays in BSL) in game.

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/06/09 12:09)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#7 09/07/09 04:09

ItemfinderDeluxe

I thought there might be a chance you could. The game tracks the location of the current player and can make AIs go to you with a BSL code. In addition, the "ai2_makeaware" command allows an AI to 'know' the location of another character on the map and head to their location as best as possible. After all, that's how OTA works. Perhaps there might be some way to modify the "makeaware" code so that characters can become aware of allied AIs as well as enemy AIs.

EDIT: That, or you could modify how the 'makeaware' code works in the game coding itself, but that's hex work there.

Last edited by ItemfinderDeluxe (09/07/09 04:09)

#8 09/07/09 07:09

Iritscen

Well, the ai2_makeaware command is to let someone know they should be attacking someone else.  Not a good idea to alter how an existing function works.

Probably at some point we will need to add new Daodan commands for getting the coordinates of characters and telling characters to run to a certain location, because those are blind spots in BSL, as you pointed out.  Not sure how hard that will be.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer