Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/24/09 05:08

Shade

Shade's modding questions

Hey guys, I figured out that posting allot of stuff on a thread will probably make the mods and admins mad so I decided to make my own thread with my modding questions lol Well apparently. I have successfully figured out how to read the codes that are used to make your scripts and I have finally figured out how to add characters to a level like spawning, teleporting their character to that flag where the room is, etc. Now in the dream lab level. I am working on a basic fighting script to test a few things out. So far I have spawned Muro, Evilkonoko, and Griffin to the boss room where evil konoko is. So far they show up and everything works great. Now here's the problem. When I fight the NPC's. This is messed up. Because I fight Muro, Griffin, and Evil Konoko and every time I kill Evil Konoko, She dies 100% and doesn't give up. Next I killed Griffin and Muro and they are still alive! I'm not sure what's going on in here because I set their health's up and every time I kill them they don't die. They just keep getting back up like they are some type of Zombie that dies and keeps getting back up. Is their a way to fix this? And I am wanting to let the characters die and let them respawn like they do in some of your mods you guys have. That would make the fighting more interesting.

#2 08/24/09 08:08

Iritscen

Re: Shade's modding questions

I've seen Mukade do that, but not Muro and Griffin.  You'll have to upload your script so we can check it out, and maybe the BINACHAR file you're using too.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/24/09 08:08

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

I've seen Mukade do that, but not Muro and Griffin.  You'll have to upload your script so we can check it out, and maybe the BINACHAR file you're using too.

Alright I'll upload the script when ever I get the chance to get back on it again. I done everything the tutorial said and I put the characters in evilkonoko's boss room. I wont get the script uploaded imminently because I'm using my moms computer. When ever I get the chance to get back on here I'll up load it for you.

#4 08/24/09 08:08

EdT
Website

Shade: Take a look at the BINACHAR file, for Griffin, Muro and EvilKonoko, what do you have in the flags section: for example:  <Flags>NotInitiallyPresent Omniscient Boss</Flags> do you have the word "Unkillable"?

#5 08/24/09 08:08

Shade

EdT wrote:

Shade: Take a look at the BINACHAR file, for Griffin, Muro and EvilKonoko, what do you have in the flags section: for example:  <Flags>NotInitiallyPresent Omniscient Boss</Flags> do you have the word "Unkillable"?

I think it is set to Unkillable. How can I look into the BINCHAR file?

#6 08/24/09 09:08

EdT
Website

Extract the BINA file as xml

#7 08/24/09 09:08

Shade

EdT wrote:

Extract the BINA file as xml

Can you be more specific? Sorry if I'm giving you a hard time.

#8 08/24/09 10:08

EdT
Website

Sure, I thought you said you figured out how to add characters to a level, so I assumed you already knew about xml.

Use the command extract:xml <directory> path_to\BINACJBOCharacter.oni for the dream level.  But I can tell you that Muro and Griffin has the Unkillable flag.

So how can you deal with that? Try the BSL command "chr_wait_health" see http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm
for example:

chr_wait_health Muro 1
ai2_kill Muro

#9 08/24/09 10:08

Shade

EdT wrote:

Sure, I thought you said you figured out how to add characters to a level, so I assumed you already knew about xml.

Use the command extract:xml <directory> path_to\BINACJBOCharacter.oni for the dream level.  But I can tell you that Muro and Griffin has the Unkillable flag.

So how can you deal with that? Try the BSL command "chr_wait_health" see http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm
for example:

chr_wait_health Muro 1
ai2_kill Muro

Awesome, thanks man! I'll check this out later cause im on my Wii. That helped allot. Now will this help for Griffin as well?

Board footer