Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/30/09 18:07

Shade

Need help with this

Hey guys I haven't posted anything in awhile because I've been doing family business like moving, etc. Well any way. My mom had to reformat her computer again and I can only use her computer to play Oni on. And I have download the Anniversary Edition for Oni and I tried to install it but all I got is this.

"You haven't globalized yet!, You must globalize to use the Anniversary Edition framework. Would you like to globalize now? (This could take awhile...) *Selecting "No" will exit this program...)"

Well I did what it said I hit yes and it didn't do anything. And every time I try to install the anniversary edition it wont show up on the game. What am I doing wrong? It's showing this.

72760587.th.jpg

Like I said, It told me to globalize it then it told me I needed to click on a mod to install into the game, Then the mods don't show on the box. It told me the Anniversary Edition title will show on the main menu but nothing shows up. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? It globalizes and it doesn't do anything. And the mods on the box doesn't show up. Am I putting the edition in the wrong folder or something?

Edit:

Is there going to be a newer version of the Anniversary Edition soon? Or is there one already out?

Last edited by Shade (07/30/09 18:07)

#2 07/30/09 19:07

dream996

Re: Need help with this

where is all your package??? have you put the edition in your oni folder?psot the install and  globalize out # big_smile

PunBB bbcode test

#3 07/30/09 19:07

Shade

dream996 wrote:

where is all your package??? have you put the edition in your oni folder?psot the install and  globalize out # big_smile

This is what I'm doing. All I did was put the Edition folder where the GameDataFolder and plugins are at. I'm using the Doadan plugin as well. I did all that stuff now every time I put the edition folder on the desktop I click the AEInstaller and all the mods and everything shows. I'm not trying to confuse anyone its doing this to tick me off. I put the Edition folder into the Oni folder. Then it gives me errors, then I put the edition folder on the deskstop. then it shows. This is really confusing. I can learn stuff by my self I just hate it when things don't like to agree with me.

#4 07/30/09 19:07

dream996

psot the install and  globalize out ..or tak some more screenshot =]

PunBB bbcode test

#5 07/30/09 19:07

EdT
Website

Shade:  When you hit the Yes button to Globalize, did a progress bar appear at the bottom of the AE Installer window?
Do you have a GameDataFolder inside the Edition folder?

It will be helpful if you can post the error messages.

#6 07/30/09 19:07

Shade

EdT wrote:

Shade:  When you hit the Yes button to Globalize, did a progress bar appear at the bottom of the AE Installer window?
Do you have a GameDataFolder inside the Edition folder?

It will be helpful if you can post the error messages.

Hold on a sec Edt, I'll post the images as soon as I can. Imageshack is taking for ever to load.

#7 07/30/09 19:07

Iritscen

Just to be clear, the Edition folder is indeed supposed to be in the Oni folder, at least for the globalization process.  I suppose it's totally independent from vanilla Oni after that point (although I would leave it in place anyway).

I noticed that your Installer is v1.0.  That tells me that you are not using the latest AE, although this is not necessarily the reason for your trouble.  Note the first post in the stickied topic for the AE release in the AE forum where we mention the two patches that were released.  Those patches are rolled into the main release, so if you just download the main AE release again, it will be the up-to-date version (use that Edition folder instead of your current one).  Then you can confirm if you still have the problem with Installer v1.01.

P.S.: This topic should be in the AE forum, not the Mods forum.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 07/30/09 19:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

Just to be clear, the Edition folder is indeed supposed to be in the Oni folder, at least for the globalization process.  I suppose it's totally independent from vanilla Oni after that point (although I would leave it in place anyway).

I noticed that your Installer is v1.0.  That tells me that you are not using the latest AE, although this is not necessarily the reason for your trouble.  Note the first post in the stickied topic for the AE release in the AE forum where we mention the two patches that were released.  Those patches are rolled into the main release, so if you just download the main AE release again, it will be the up-to-date version (use that Edition folder instead of your current one).  Then you can confirm if you still have the problem with Installer v1.01.

P.S.: This topic should be in the AE forum, not the Mods forum.

lol I was about to put it in AE forum but I didn't want to put it in there with out getting into any trouble. Yeah everything you say sounds correct. Can you give me a link to the last version?

Last edited by Shade (07/30/09 19:07)

#9 07/30/09 20:07

Iritscen

Why would you get in trouble?  It's the forum for discussing the AE  smile

As for the link to the AE, it's still right in that first post in the stickied thread for the 2009-07 release. ^_^

#10 07/31/09 01:07

love_Oni

Does this AE release need .NET framework or something to work?

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#11 07/31/09 04:07

Chamyky
Website

love_Oni wrote:

Yeah, and it is not the first to required it I think.

#12 07/31/09 04:07

love_Oni

So Shade, have you installed .NET framework (for Windows) or Mono (for Mac)?

#13 07/31/09 08:07

dream996

well ...... a bit out of the track ....no one had actually mention anything about the flat line ///.?????? i you guy are still working on it ='' i have seen anyone talk about it !

PunBB bbcode test

#14 07/31/09 10:07

Iritscen

love_Oni wrote:

The AE has actually always required .NET in Windows and mono on the Mac.  To be exact, OniSplit requires those things, and the AE has always been based around OniSplit.

Flatline is a long-term project, but there is a wiki page for it, and it occasionally gives status updates.  Progress is still being made, that's about all one can say.

#15 08/01/09 22:08

Shade

Sorry for not replying guys. My family just moved yesterday and I couldn't get back to this thread sense.

#16 08/02/09 07:08

Iritscen

Did you try the latest AE yet?

#17 08/02/09 10:08

love_Oni

Iritscen wrote:
love_Oni wrote:

The AE has actually always required .NET in Windows and mono on the Mac.  To be exact, OniSplit requires those things, and the AE has always been based around OniSplit.

And maybe Shade has not installed Mono for Mac (I think).

#18 08/02/09 11:08

Iritscen

Well, he's in Windows, so he needs .NET.  The Installer actually checks for what it needs, and will alert the user if they don't have .NET/mono.

Board footer