Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/01/09 17:02

Mengjun

My first script: Against All Odds v0.15

Here's what I've been working on the last few days. This script is for the Hexagon level, and is (the beginning of) a survival type script. (First 5 rounds, very easy big_smile) I plan to have 100 rounds ultimately. (Of which the last is included already, but you'll have to edit the script to access it, see below. This last level also gives you a little taste of what I want the difficulty to be like in the end.) Every round, you recover a little health, and if you did well enough, you may earn bonuses in the form of hypos. (The only bonus implemented right now is "Swift Strike", worth one hypo. Of course, you can use a hypo in order to obtain "Swift Strike" easier, but as of now, you'll only get one in return, if you actually make it.)

Anyway, enjoy, test it for bugs, devour it, feed it to your pets or anything else you can think of ^^;

To access round 100, go to aao_level.bsl, then to the function "start", and near the end of that function, change the "number = 1; part = 1;" into, you guessed it, "number = 100; part = 1;". And, while you're at it, tell me if it is too easy / hard to achieve "Swift Strike" on there.

P.S. AI won't come after me on hexagon if I'm too far away. How come?

EDIT: Oh what, no attach option? Hmmm...

EDIT: v0.15 is out ^^; http://mods.oni2.net/index.php?q=node/51

Last edited by Mengjun (02/04/09 16:02)

#2 02/01/09 18:02

Gumby

Re: My first script: Against All Odds v0.15

There are no AI pathfinding grids for hexagon.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 02/01/09 19:02

love_Oni

I'm sorry, but it said that I didn't have the permissions to download the file. Can you upload it to the Mod Depot please? http://mods.oni2.net/

Last edited by love_Oni (02/01/09 19:02)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#4 02/02/09 01:02

TOCS

Well, does it last long to make those "AI Pathfinding Grids"? smile

#5 02/02/09 02:02

Mengjun

love_Oni wrote:

I'm sorry, but it said that I didn't have the permissions to download the file. Can you upload it to the Mod Depot please? http://mods.oni2.net/

Will do that, as soon as my registration there gets through.

#6 02/02/09 07:02

Iritscen

It's through smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 02/02/09 12:02

Mengjun

Uploaded, and I even updated it in the time I was waiting for acceptance ^^; Now I have rounds 1 to 10 implemented, the last one being a boss round. Which means a bigger reward if you make it big_smile Nothing too hard right now, actually.

Now there's one question I have. I know there's a cheat "elderrune" to have your health regenerated. Is there something like that in BSL too? Because the way I used to "regenerate" HP isn't the prettiest, and is pretty much bug-sensitive.

@Rexxar: Hexagon is huge, so I guess it will take a hell of a long time.

Last edited by Mengjun (02/02/09 12:02)

#8 02/02/09 12:02

Iritscen

Sorry, there's no BSL way to turn on elderrune or automatically accrue health over time.  Maybe someday, through the Daodan DLL, but not now.

#9 02/02/09 13:02

Mengjun

#10 02/02/09 17:02

Iritscen

Well, this is strange.  I put the script files in a folder in IGMD that I named 'hexagon', according to what we discussed in another thread.  The script wasn't loading, so I turned on Dev Mode and it told me that there was no such folder as "Test"; so I created that folder in IGMD and moved the BSLs into it, and it loads now.  However, it complains about not finding any flag 9, and Konoko immediately finishes each round without seeing any bad guys.  I'm guessing it's trying to spawn them at a flag, not finding one, and thus she insta-wins smile

#11 02/02/09 17:02

ONIrules

Nice script!

#12 02/02/09 17:02

Mengjun

Huh, that's weird. Anyway, there's a way to fix that. In the main file, there are variables "flsp" (Konoko's spawn flag), "fl1" to "fl8" (enemy spawn flag) and an obsolete "flpod" (pile of dead), that I used to dump dead enemies onto in earlier attempts.
Change those to your liking, and it should work. Also, is your hexagon then different from mine? o.0

EDIT: Thanks ONIrules ^^;

Also, I only got Windows myself, so I haven't tested for Mac.

Last edited by Mengjun (02/02/09 17:02)

#13 02/02/09 20:02

Iritscen

I was indeed using an older copy of Hexagon that I was playing with during our testing of level import back in November.  I have downloaded a new version, but it's not working fully for me; there are a couple issues I will probably have to research when I get some time.  But I just wanted to mention that so you don't think it's your script that's the problem (but you probably already knew that smile).

#14 02/03/09 09:02

s10k
Website

video?

#15 02/03/09 13:02

EdT
Website

I need to brush up on my fighting skills, I only made it to level 8... :-(

So far it works for me on the Mac.

#16 02/03/09 16:02

Iritscen

Okay, works for me!  It's looking good so far.  Except that we really need those pathfinding grids in place.

#17 02/04/09 16:02

Mengjun

#18 02/04/09 18:02

ONIrules

Sweet!! I got jump to the last round and it was hard!! I killed Mukade and the Red Fury, but then a few seconds later a tanker, griffin, and the blackops was spawn! So I tried to beat them up, but I ended up getting a low health and the blackops elite gave a neck break and I died. (I swap animation with Muro)

So far the script is very good and challedging!

#19 07/10/09 12:07

Leus
Website

I made it to the boss round but didn't stand a chance in it; I led Barabas through the level for like 3 minutes and threw him off a cliff just to come back and find Mukade and I was all "ah shit."

Edit:  When are more rounds coming?  smile  This is exactly the kind of script I wanted to see in Oni, although I just realized that kind of contradicts the last post I just made in another thread.  Oh well.

Last edited by Leus (07/10/09 12:07)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#20 07/12/09 09:07

Mengjun

Er... heh, I kinda forgot about my script. Glad to see that you enjoyed my script though. Last thing I remembered working on this script, was that I was trying to find a more suitable location for this mod. I kinda wanted a confined space, just like the C2 Deadly Brain room, but the lack of flags in there threw me off. Anyway, as soon as I have settled on a suitable place for my script, I'll continue working on it again, I promise ^^; It'll prolly be more of a redo than a continuation, but whatever.

EDIT: Oh, something just sprung up in my mind. Is it also possible to spawn the enemies at coordinates instead of flags?

Last edited by Mengjun (07/12/09 09:07)

#21 07/12/09 09:07

Leus
Website

Yeah a locale where they'll actually run up and attack you if you're more than 5 feet away would probably be cool, although I dunno if I'd be able to beat it then...  Lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

Board footer