Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/22/08 14:12

TOCS

Model Part Changing?

Is it possible to change the body (without the head) of the comguy_1 with the generic_male_6s body?

Last edited by TOCS (12/22/08 15:12)

#2 12/22/08 15:12

Iritscen

Re: Model Part Changing?

http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models smile

Notice the section on Bastardizing, which is what you're asking about.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/22/08 15:12

TOCS

Sorry but i don't have blender, can't it be done in OUP?

#4 12/22/08 17:12

Iritscen

Hmm? Aren't you a Windows user?  Because XSI Modding Tool is the tool of choice for Windoze, as the wiki mentions.

#5 12/23/08 05:12

TOCS

There download server is not letting people download untill next year.
That Bastardizing part is not that detailed, atleast i did'nt understand anything.

#6 12/23/08 19:12

EdT
Website

Rexxar: when you extract a character from Oni as a DAE format, you get a 3D model that is made up of 19 body parts.  Each part is connected to another part. ie: foot -> calf -> thigh -> pelvis  The foot is considered the child of the calf, the calf is the child of the thigh and so on. 

To Bastardize, you are replacing one body part or parts with another.  You will do this in a 3D program.  But as you replace one part, you have to re-establish the parent-child relationship between the parts, this is also done within the 3D program.

It will be easier to understand once you look at the model with a 3D program.

#7 12/23/08 22:12

Iritscen

And part of the reason the wiki page is lacking in detail is that the writer (geyser) couldn't tell you how to do anything in your program since it varies from app to app, so he could only say "re-parent", counting on the reader to know/learn what that meant and how to do it.

I do, however, aim to have some tutorials on the wiki, one for each app that we use, explaining only the functions that we use in modding.  Sort of a quick-and-dirty intro to the tool that only helps an Oni modder.  The one on Blender is partway done but I didn't feel qualified to write one for Mod Tool.  Anyway, it's no rush, Rexxar, if you have to wait until early January to d/l Mod Tool.  Just grab it whenever it comes up, it probably won't be long.

#8 01/12/09 11:01

TOCS

Well, now that I'v acquired the MSI Modding Tool with the latest updates, and extracted all ONCC into .dae files, i would like to know how to do the thing right. I'm looking at some of the models right now, and i have absolutly no idea how to do anything in this program.

#9 09/14/09 16:09

Samer
Website

mm same here I can't understand a thing form the application  ... are there tutorials for XSI mod tool, like Iritscen said.

I don't know how to re-parent or copy paste the head of 1 character to another ...can someone write a little detailed (like really detailed tongue)  tutorial how to do that ? whenever I import 2 characters in XSI they merge into one or something :S and in blender they just don't merge at all ...  and exactly how do u make the character show up in a standing not overlapping pose ...

I've read the oni galore too but it wasn't enough ...

Last edited by Samer (09/14/09 16:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 09/15/09 15:09

Mukade

to anyone who doesnt understand XSI at all,(like me) try downloading Invis AC13, its a great, very simple program, i thought it to myself in about an hour or less big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer