Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/16/08 20:09

EdT
Website

AE: Combat System

For those not watching the wiki, Loser released the modified Throws. You can find them here: http://loser.oni2.net/Anniversary/TRAMm … throws.rar

Keep an eye on this page for more updates and description of changes: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Combat_system

#2 09/19/08 21:09

love_Oni

Re: AE: Combat System

I like Konoko's new triple kicks combo and Muro's new kick forward move.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 09/19/08 21:09

Iritscen

Also, in case anyone missed Loser's attack mods from September 7th, you need to d/l those and INSTALL THEM FIRST.  Don't ask me why, Loser says so.

It might even be a good idea to do a totally fresh install of the 20080822 AE release into original Oni, then directly install Loser's attack mods and then the throw mods, to guarantee that only the newest mods are being used and not any old files.  That seems to be what geyser and Loser recommend for their mods.  If I'm wrong, please correct me.  But I know that I, for one, have repeatedly modified my GDF so many times that I can hardly remember everything I've done to it, and I would not know if I had left some old files in there from previous geyser/Loser mods, so I am doing a clean install.

Edit: Attack mods are also on the page Ed linked to.

Last edited by Iritscen (09/19/08 21:09)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 09/19/08 23:09

Loser

I apologize but you got it wrong, Iritscen.

FOR ALL: If you want to install BOTH attacks and throws, then you should copy attacks first, throws then. That is because in throws mod, I altered some TRACs ("pseudo-new" RIF disarms). But in attacks, I altered striker's TRAC as well (changed his kick forward move). So if you want to play without bugs (that striker cannot RIF disarm) then copy attacks first, throws then. Or do it as you wish, but copy only TRACstriker_animations.oni which is in throws. That should work as well ^_^.

If you want to install it SEPARATELY, then do it. No big deal. I created these modules in order to be used in some GUI, so coder of that will then link if it should install striker's animations with RIF or without RIF disarms.

Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#5 09/20/08 06:09

Iritscen

So what part was I wrong about?  That people have to install both when they can choose to install just one?  Or the reason why they should be installed in that order?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 09/20/08 08:09

love_Oni

Also, in case anyone missed Loser's attack mods from September 7th, you need to d/l those and INSTALL THEM FIRST.  Don't ask me why, Loser says so.

Thanks for noticing me about that, but I have installed the attack mods. So don't worry.

About the order that the attack mods need to be installed first and then the throw mods:

- In the attack mods, there is only one TRAC file, it's striker's TRAC file. This TRAC deletes Striker's old running forward kick and includes these Loser's - new TRAMs:

TRAMSTRIKErun_kick_left.oni
TRAMSTRIKErun_kick_right.oni

That's Striker's new move: shoulder pushing, as you can see when you make the striker run and press 'kick'.

- In the throw mods, not only Striker's TRAC file includes those above TRAMs but also includes the new TRAMs - Rifle disarm:

TRAMSTRRIFthrow_bk.oni
TRAMSTRRIFthrow_bk_tgt.oni
TRAMSTRRIFthrow_fw.oni
TRAMSTRRIFthrow_fw_tgt.oni

So if you install the throw mods first then you can only see Striker's new running forward kick because you will replace the Striker's throw mods' TRAC file by the attack mods' one, right?

Is that very clear for you?

@Loser: If there are the TRAM attack and throw mods, so what is the new your version 1.02 of TRAM have? (I downloaded it a long time ago and I don't remember where I downloaded it, sorry)

Last edited by love_Oni (08/09/10 05:08)

#7 09/20/08 09:09

Loser

Forget about those LoserTRAM files. Old stuff. I won't remove it (but I want as it confuses people) but if I remove it, geyser will smash me to death with mother of all trouts. So if you want to experience almost bug-less yet a bit fresh gameplay, D/L those new files posted on WIKI an forget about this LoserTRAM stuff, which was included in AE Absolute zero and was highly bugged.

And I strongly reccommend everyone to create new level0.dat, where are NO changes, just all TRAMs, TRACs, ONCCs etc are merged into this level0.dat/raw. Then unpack it with Oniplit, copy modified files inside, recombine, play.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (09/20/08 09:09)

#8 11/10/08 10:11

love_Oni

Oh, about Muro's kick-forward move, I want to ask you this thing, Loser. How did you do to make when Muro use his kick-forward move, he moves forward longer than when he use the old one? I just want to ask this thing so I can try to modify other TRAMs (for example, make Konoko moves forward a bit longer when she performs the Crescent Moon Kick?)

Thank you!

#9 11/10/08 17:11

Loser

I modified X/Z velocities data in .raw for Muro's kick forward in order to extend its reach. Then I modified its max extent + some extents around 0° (facing forward), making sure that AI2 Muro will know how to use his new toy ^_^.

BTW, why do you want to change TRAMS? Do you think I made something wrong? Some combos cannot connect?

I changed Konoko's Crescent Moon Kick in similar way as Muro's kick forward, as it had problems with connectibility when executed from behind (stagger from behind pushes victim further). So if you play with my TRAMs, then Konoko flies further with CMK, being able to connect CMK on staggered from behind opponent in 90% of cases if previous punches connected sucessfully.

And as a note: don't overdo it. Have you ever played Gunnm:Kasei no Kioku ? There is coded in engine that characters move quite long distance with each attack, chasing locked opponent. Sounds good maybe, but aganist bosses it is really pain as they can roam across whole room in 3-4 broad attacks (first 3-4 from 8 hit string), rendering escape moves useless as attacks tend to make character "home" on its target (rotate while in attack animation) and with attack, they move further than you with escape.

I think in Oni it is fine. Yes, I did some changes. Those were made because some attacks were too short, being practical jokes (Muro's kick forward). But now I think all combos have nice chance of connectibility if first attack hits. From front as well as from rear. Yes, some attacks ARE still problematic (Elite's K_K_K combo executed in rear of victim, SWAT's K_K_K combo executed in rear of victim) but even those can connect if you start those combos close enough to enemy.

Loser

P.S.: University= Ultimate sleep deprivation machine...

Last edited by Loser (11/10/08 17:11)

#10 11/12/08 09:11

love_Oni

Ah, thank you for the information. I try modifying TRAMs just to know more about it. Although you can change velocities data in .raw, I think I can't do that because... I (truly) don't understand it (maybe I'll look in .raw files later).
So can we modify the velocities data by extracting TRAMs to .xml?

Last edited by love_Oni (11/12/08 09:11)

Board footer