Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/06/08 06:09

Loser

TRAM modification - only attacks, nothing more

Hello all,
I wanted to finish this before it will get really tough for me. Somebody please tell geyser, as well.

HERE is rar which contains new attempt to change combat gameplay. Some moves are more powerful, some are less, some moves were fixed and some new bugs were probably produced ^_^.

This rar is only about straight attacks, no throws were modified. So if some Comguy throw gives you crashes, then it is not fault of this mod ^_^.

Please betatest this modification, play as various classes (different color of same class does not matter of course, I mean try all fighting styles ^_^). Report everything what looks like bug and what should have any relation to this mod.

This is framework, all of my later work will be bound to this modification, it will be expanding it. Please be aware of fact that old combat system is GONE. Don't report crashes/bugs on that older one, that with crashy comguy throw. Thanks.

Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 09/06/08 13:09

Gumby

Re: TRAM modification - only attacks, nothing more

I'll try it out when I get everything fully up an running. (I still need to install .NET)

And stop trolling the MB2 forums. big_smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 09/07/08 14:09

EdT
Website

From the wiki:

If you set first attack part to be able to deal damage from 1st to 100th frame of TRAM, and second attack part to deal damage ''within that limit'' (e.g. from 25th to 41st frame, it can be again from 1 to 100), than first attack part an hurt from 1st to 100th (as usual), but even if it hits, that second one attack part (25th to 41st) can hurt enemy as well during "its lifetime". So '''two''' attack parts are allowed to execute. Note that second attack part MUST be executed while first attack part has active "window", otherwise it won't work.

Loser: Did you add this feature to your attack TRAMS?

#4 09/08/08 10:09

Loser

EdT:

Only Mutant Muro uses that. Don't forget that by setting ThrowTarget bit, user can hurt teammates as well. You now can say something about "relistic gameplay" etc... Nonsense. AI2 is not capable of thinking "There is teammate, I should not use it or I will hurt him". AI2 can only attack its target, thus it should damage teammates as well, not caring about them. And Anniversary Edition is about showing better side of AI2, not about showcasing AI2 bugs/unfinished parts, eh? ^_^

With MutantMuro it is OK, because he is "special". Even tough he is supposed to be "Syndicate" by team, his mutation changes him, giving him inhuman power and different proportions. He cannot handle them so early after mutation, so he can hurt his teammates as well.

Loser

P.S.: How does new combat system feel, EdT ?

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#5 09/08/08 10:09

Iritscen

More importantly on a practical level, MutantMuro is the only enemy present when you encounter him as part of the story, so it didn't matter to Bungie if he could hurt teammates or not!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer