Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#26 17/1/12 16:05

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

[4:43 AM]
*5 AP*

"That is, if you're all up to the task?"

Jin stiffened his body, saluted sharply and replied "It would be an honor ma'am."

He didn't agree to do it because it was his job, nor because of the payment that was mentioned. He did so because he, like so many others, knew firsthand what the Syndicate was capable of. He wasn't about to stand idly by and let an event like the one that transpired 5 years ago happen all over again.


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#27 18/1/12 17:33

TheCreature
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

GM
[4:44 AM]  TCTF HQ (N14)

Mai folds the map carefully, and then straightens, facing the three men across the table.  She holds it out to Jin, a look of pride in her eyes.

"Good luck Nagawa.  I've written down everything we know on the back of this map.  There's not much, but it's a start."

Then she turns to Jan, who's gaze kept drifting off.  She tosses a set of keys to him, smirking.

"I thought you'd enjoy a new toy to play with while you're gone.  Just don't scratch the paint.  It's sitting in the northeast corner of the HQ."


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#28 18/1/12 19:05

Striker
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

*GM*
[2:24 AM]

Outside of medical supply warehouse (cell X17):
Agent Vincent Black and his two assigned squadmates stood on the north side of the warehouse entrance, awaiting orders from the mission leader, Jacob Butler. Vincent and his squad of 2 were assigned as backup, and had the responsibility of guarding the warehouse, making sure the raid goes as planned.

Once everyone got into position and readied their weapons, Jacob Butler put his ear up to the aluminum warehouse wall. Ignoring the sound of the idle truck engine, moving of crates and occasional grunts, he overheard a conversation.
    "I need you to get me that crate." said one male voice.
    "I'm on it." another male voice replied.
He took his ear off the wall, and turned to his team. Quietly, he said:
    "Sounds like they're packing up. If there is a perfect time to strike, it would be now." Jacob turned to the warehouse entrance and raised his hand, signaling the team to be ready to attack. Seconds later, a loud boom echoed through the empty streets.
    "What the hell was that?! They must be escaping out of the warehouse! Vince, I need you and your squad to check the back, investigate that Goddamn explosion!" Jacob then commanded the rest of his team to storm the front of the warehouse.

Agent Black and his squad quickly rushed for the back. As they came around the corner, they noticed a striker stumbing out of the smoke.
    "Stop right there! Do not move a muscle!" Agent Black yelled at the striker, grabbed his weapon and signalled his teammates to stay back. "Get down on the ground, now!"
The striker collapsed on his knees, and Agent Black began to move in to arrest him. At gunpoint, the striker sprung up and grabbed Vince's weapon. Vince decided to shake him off, and jerked the weapon to the right, attempting to get it out of the striker's reach. Then, he heard a snap, followed by a sharp pain in his left knee. He let go of the weapon and collapsed to the floor. As the pain in his knee quickly intensified, he began to scream. Moments later he heard 5 gunshots, turned his head to the right and saw the striker looting the bodies of his dead squadmates. When the striker got up and ran, Vince pushed a button on his radio and yelled:
    "Agents down! There's a Syndicate striker fleeing West through the alleys! Requesting immediate backup!"
He rolled his head to the left, and through the thick smoke noticed a slim figure escaping the warehouse, but paid little attention; the pain in his knee was too intense.

*5 AP*
[6:03 AM]

Musashi Manufacturing Concern (cell Z11):
A loud, piercing sound of screeching tires awakes Jeff from his quick powernap. He looks outside and sees a grey van idling just about 30 feet away from the entance. A striker wearing green camo exits the driver's seat and and lights himself a cigarette. In the passenger's seat, a communications officer checks his laptop. Jeff slowly gets up and walks over to the van. As Jeff approaches the van, the striker takes a pull from his cigarette and smiles.
    "I can't believe you're alive and in one piece!" says the striker, lightly shaking his head and chuckling. The communications officer briefly looks at Jeff and  then resumes using his laptop.
    "We saw TCTF helicopters partolling just slightly north-east of here. Is there anyone else with you?" asked the striker, taking another pull from his cigarette and blowing the smoke upwards into the sky, still looking at Jeff.
    "No, I think I was the only one." said Jeff before taking a deep breath. Seconds later, the communications officer leaned forward in his seat, still staring at his laptop's monitor, and said:
    "Cal, the radar picked up a signal heading in our direction; we better get the hell outta here."
    "Get in the back, we're heading out." said the striker to Jeff, taking the last toke from his cigarette before extinguishing it and throwing it on the ground. Jeff headed for the back of the van, while the striker got into the driver's seat. The doors closed, the engine revved and the van headed west. After a short conversation between him and the striker, Jeff began to drift asleep.

[6:48 AM]

Syndicate HQ (unknown location):
A bump in the road. Jeff is once again disturbed from his peaceful nap. He looks at his WristPanel to check the time and decides to stay awake, thinking that they were going to arrive at their destination at any moment. After a couple of minutes of silence, the van slows down until finally coming to a complete stop.
    "Alright, we're here. Let's go." says the striker in the front seat, shutting off the engine. Jeff slowly stands up and exits the van, closing the doors behind him. The sound of closing doors echoes through the parking lot. Jeff, the striker and the communications officer all walk over to the elevator. The elevator door makes a dinging noise as the doors open. The team enters the elevator and awaits to arrive at the main floor. Twenty seconds later,the elevator slows down and the door opens. They exit the elevator and walk up the stairs to the second floor, heading for the large office with glass walls.

The striker opens the door to the office and allows Jeff and the communications officer to walk inside. Behind the main office desk sits a man in sleek, black armour. His short, dark hair stands up in different directions in forms of thick spikes. His dark brown eyes shine in the light. A large console can be seen behind the man, executing and terminating different applications and decyphering and debugging different codes. The man stands up from his large leather chair, puts his hands behind his back, then slowly and calmly walks over to the glass wall and looks at the offices on the main floor.
    "I'm impressed with you, but I'm disapointed with the rest of your squad, especially the leader. Tell me exactly what happened in the warehouse." says the man in a soft and quiet voice, looking at Jeff. Jeff begins to explain what happened at the warehouse in detail, before he is cut off by the man.
    "Wait. You said there was an explosion in the back of the warehouse, correct?" the man asks. "And you said that the TCTF troops only stormed the front?" he adds.
    "Yes, sir. There were only 3 TCTF officers in the back of the warehouse. They weren't heavily armed." Jeff replies.
    "How strange..." the man turned around and looked at Jeff. "When the supplies arrived, the item I expected wasn't there." he added.
    "And... what item were you looking for?" asks Jeff.
    "The contents of one particular crate." says the man.

(-2 AP, 3 AP)

Last edited by Striker (2/2/12 21:13)


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#29 18/1/12 20:19

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

5AP

4:50AM TCTF HQ (N14)

Jan suddenly awakes from his day dream about a battle five years ago and catches the keys from Mai's throw and looks around at the other people in the room.

"Well I guess all is decided now?"

Jan starts to follow Jin as he begins to walk out the door of the command tent, and then looks at Vincent.

"Is that even in functioning con--- Oh wait"

Jan kneels down by Vincent and fists a power button on Vince's knee implant

"Relax man I used to work at a place where we made these things. That knee should be in fully working order in about a minute. Don't worry if you feel a bit tired after it enables, and don't even make me talk about that thing's power supply."

Jan walks to the vehicle where Jin is standing at and stares in awe at the recently customized TCTF Humvee.

"Gray paint job? Eh it'll do it's job"

Jan begins to filter out what Jin and Vince converse about and unlocks the Humvee's trunk and begins to smile as a weapon armory opens up and extends out

"Holy shit..."

Jan begins to moves his hands towards the armory and begins to start thinking again about what happened five years before.

Nondescript time, Nondescript Location

Jan looked in surprise as a fireball engulfed the lobby in front of him and starts to walk in and scan the room for hostiles.

"There."

A single hostile lay wounded and cowering from the explosion. Jan glances at him once and shoots him in the head with a pistol. The other soldier looks at him

"What the hell man? He could have had intel, nevermind the ru--"

"Noone needs to know! Thing is he could have pulled a gun on us or worse!"

"...Fine! Take it easy man! Just leave it!"

Jan and the other soldier begin to turn around towards a set of stairs to their left as a female agent walks up the stairs from the elevator. All the details of  what is going on begin to fill into Jan's head. A helmet and a visor with HUD fades into his vision and the label "TCTF" fades onto the armor of the allies in the room. On the HUD the first ally's name appears as "Cpl Malikov, Aleksi". The female agent's name appears as nothing but the letter  "K". Aleksi promptly talks and throws a hypospray towards the agent

"Good work Konoko, you might need these!"

Jan looks at Aleksi and talks

"How the hell do you have access to that information?"

"Need to know basis."

"Oh... Figures."

Jan looks around and dives as shots rain down by him

"We still have Strikers in the atrium!"

Jan injects a hypo to try to recover from his headache and throws another towards the agent

5:00AM, TCTF HQ (N14)

Jan pulls a kevlar vest on and zips it, watching the others prepare their equipment. He cocks an SMG and slides it into a holster and pats his back to see if his mercury bow is still on him. Jan puts a pair on contacts on and walks towards the front of the Humvee.

"Alright people let's get this shit done. Check your gear. The thing you forget, is the thing that'll save your life... That includes -you- too Vince."

Jan gets in the Humvee's driver seat and looks at Jin to his left.

"Alright then, you still got that map?"


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#30 18/1/12 21:01

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

[4:50 AM]
*5 AP*

"Alright then, you still got that map?"

After searching his pockets for a moment, Jin pulled out the map and unfolded it. "Ah, here it is. So we are trying to get here [*points to G1]. The fastest route would be to take the main highway north and then take the west exit [*points to G14]. Factoring in the time of day and the condition the roads are currently in, i'd say about 40-50 minutes ETA."

After placing the map on the dashboard, Jin pulled out his revolver and began to load .38 rounds into the chambers. Before entering the vehicle, he had equipped a Kevlar vest under his clothing, and also replaced his belt with one that bore 6 speed re-loaders, 3 to the left of the buckle and 3 to the right.

Jan chucked to himself. "Why would you use that relic of a gun? You're going to get yourself killed using that thing, it has no advantage in the field whatsoever. "

Jin spun the chamber and slid it back into place. "Not if you know how to use it", he said, replacing his weapon into his jacket pocket.

With that, Jan started the vehicle and sped out of the garage.

*-1 AP, 4 AP*


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#31 18/1/12 21:42

TheCreature
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

GM
[5:36]  Nondescript intersection (G2)

As the Humvee drives along the road, Jan suddenly hears a voice emanate from the speakers.

"Proximity Alert, Hostiles detected.  Proximity Alert, Hostiles detected..."

He brakes hard, bringing the vehicle to a stop just before entering the intersection.  Up ahead, steam rises from a hole in the sidewalk, sporadically venting from a ruptured pipe.  In the intersection itself, several people stand clustered around a single mounted Plasma Cannon.  Their leader swivels the plasma cannon towards the Humvee and shouts something.  His speech is inaudible through the Humvee's protection, but a text transcription of his words scrolls across a panel on the dashboard.

THIS IS OUR INTERSECTION PUNKS.  YOU GOT A PAY A TOLL TO GET THROUGH.  As the text scrolls across the screen, another message comes over the speakers.  "You are being targeted.  Engage Weapons systems immediately..."

Last edited by TheCreature (22/2/12 13:13)


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#32 18/1/12 22:37

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

5:36AM, Intersection (G2)

Jan looks over at the men in front of him and sticks his right hand on his SMG and stares at the group of criminals in front of him

"How many you count Jin?"

"Seven"

"Alright, think this through real---"

Jan looks behind himself and sees Vince sleeping

"Wake the fuck up Vince! I'm not pulling your sorry ass out of the fire this time like back at HQ that one time!"

Jin looks at Jan's obviously non-TCTF clothing confused

"Alright lets see, that plasma cannon isn't exactly useful against a TCTF vehicle with this kind of armor, but they don't know that. Problem is--"

Jan points to the barricade surrounding the intersection

"Even if they fire and realize they have no chance of tearing this apart with their cannon, we are still trapped here, and they would simply surround us and rip us to shreds by hand."

"Vince, get that damn 50 cal up and get ready to blast some idiots. Jin, it doesn't look like these guys have any 'Genetically modified' advantages--"

Jan coughs and faintly utters the word "chrysalis"

"So it should be an easy fight if we keep our shit locked. Do me a favor and don't try to do any trick shots with that old thing. You get hit once and you know your lifespan just decreased a decade even with medical attention. Well, unless you have 'advantages' over the rest of the human race."

Jan looks over at the people slowly advancing on the vehicle and smirks

"So Jin..."

Jan closes his eyes tightly and places his hand in front of his face, moving it in a scrolling motion as if manipulating an interface

"Alright, HUD is on. Jin, do the same unless you want to be out of the loop"

Jan coughs again and faintly utters "likethatgun"

Jan keeps moving his hand around and then opens his eyes, the HUD's red color glowing covering his blue eye color making his eyes appear to be purple

"Ready? Open your door and move out slowly. Use the door as cover, and make sure noone flanks you. I've been in worse situations before plenty of times before"

Jan pulls a wounded soldier up a ramp into an area still controlled by his allies and is hit by a stray bullet from above, barely falling into cover as others rush to cover him and pull Vincent into safety behind a set of terminals

Jan pushes the Humvee's doors open and hides his SMG behind him. He looks through the door's window from behind the door and sees their leader.

"Alright, you want Yen? We got it right here!"

Jan pulls 50 Yen out of his pocket and waves it behind the glass

"Just send a man over here, we'll pay up!"

Jan readies his SMG as one of the men begins walking towards him, and the man begins speaking in generic Engrish

"Give money. Big man rant it!"

"Of course, we honest businessmen here"

Jan throws 50 Yen into the punk's hand, and starts aiming as the punk looks through it

"This not enough! Big man rant a thorsand!"

Last edited by Valkyrur (18/1/12 23:09)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#33 18/1/12 22:57

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

Jan promptly aims at the head of the punk, the center of his eye's glowing bright red from the centered aiming of the SMG, and fires.

(-1AP)

"Jin, start firing! Only 6 of them now!"

Jan aims his SMG out from cover and starts firing upon the punks

12 - 8 - 17 (Avg: 12.33333333333)

19 - 18 - 19 (Avg: 18.66666666667)

16 - 8 - 20 (Avg: 14.66666666667)

(Total avg: 15.2222222222)

4AP left

Last edited by Valkyrur (18/1/12 23:10)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#34 18/1/12 22:59

TheCreature
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

The punks charge forward, returning fire with underpowered weapons.

9 - 4 - 8 (Avg: 7.0)

8 - 19 - 5 (Avg: 10.66666666667)

4 - 17 - 17 (Avg: 12.66666666667)

(Total avg: 10.1111111111)


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#35 18/1/12 23:09

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

Jan smiles and guns down 4 of them quickly, shrugging off a single hit as it is crushed by his vest's protection

*Click click*

Jan reloads and begins holding up the remaining two and shoots the power supply on their plasma cannon.

"Jin, I'll give you the honor of dealing with these last scoundrels"

Jin gets out and executes the last two

"No evidence of anything syndicate related, other than the fact they were most likely paid off by them at one point. Cmon, lets get back in and to that place"

Jan gets back in the Humvee and is disappointed to see Vince still sleeping

"He best not still be sleeping if we drive right into a killzone"

Jan closes the door and begins to drive


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#36 19/1/12 13:57

Bozzman
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

5:40am

*5AP*

Vince stretches as he awakes... Damn, that medication is strong! How long have I been out? Eh- doesn't matter, probably didnt miss anything anyways...

Resisting the urge to call out the cliche 'are we there yet?', Black does a equipment check and shakes his head around trying to get exhaustion to loosen its grip on him.

Alright note to self, don't lose the autopistol this time to some syndicate thug. Vincent checks the pistol and returns it snugly to its holster.

I won't need the pistol in the meantime anyway. Quartermaster was able to spare a SML3 Plasma Rifle this time.

Ahhgh, this silence is killing me, f*** it...

"Are we there yet?"


Here take this hypo!

Offline

#37 19/1/12 17:53

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

5:45 AM (G1)

Jan begins to hear Vince talk and starts to stop the Humvee in an alley.

"'Bout fucking time, we could have gotten killed back there by those muggers. Hopefully that noise didn't alert the Syndicate"

Jan looks at Vince's Plasma Rifle

"Don't use it until the situation gets hot. Silenced weapons only."

Jan throws a silencer into Vince's lap and shuts off the car's engines

"This 'industrial complex' is just down the road. Get ready for this. Jin I need you to come up to the rooftop with me for some recon and to plan out what we're going to do. Vince, you man the gun and discourage the curious"

Jan begins to climb the fire escape of the apartment complex, closing his eyes tightly to disable the contacts' HUD

"Jin, shut off any optics, we don't want any suspicious purple, red, or blue glows lighting up the rooftop for any strikers to see."

Last edited by Valkyrur (19/1/12 17:54)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#38 19/1/12 18:24

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

[5:45 AM]
*5AP*

"Copy," Jin replies, squeezing his eyes together. After reaching the roof, Jin and Jan both lay down close to the edge of the building. Jin procures binoculars from his Jacket pocket and aims it toward the complex. "Three strikers on the roof, armed with Mercury Bows and medium grade armor (blue strikers). Before we try anything taking them out would be a good idea, unless we can manage to sneak around them. I also see three possible points of entry. The third window from the left on the third floor is open, however it may prove difficult to reach it. There is also a ladder on the side of the building that leads to the roof, but if we are spotted using that it would be a simple task for them to take us out. Of course, driving straight through the garage door in front is always an option, though the whole compound would be alerted to our presence and the resulting firefight would surely be suicide, plus we would lose any stealth advantages we would have otherwise. Here, take a look."

After giving Jan a few moments to survey the area, he says "It's your call, which approach should we take?" 

*-1AP, 4AP*


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#39 19/1/12 21:22

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

6:00AM... Syndicate Industrial Plant...

"We're going in."

Jan cocks his SMG and looks down at his laptop

"Syndicate comms in this area are jammed for now. It's just us three and a what appears to be a unit of atleast 20 or more Syndicate troops."

Jan walks back down to the Humvee and opens up the trunk

"If any of you haven't completely loaded up yet I'd suggest doing it now"

6:10AM...

Jan finishes his cigarette on the fire escape of the industrial plant and throws it off to the side

"Hard to get up here? Christ, all we have to do is slide along this ledge for two meters and the window is right there"

Jan takes a rope/hook and throws it into the window

"Alright, Jin, you go first. Hook yourself on to this and slide along the ledge as if it wasn't there. You'll thank me when you make that generic rookie mistake. Same for you Vince."

Jan aims his silenced SMG around the area below him, mentally exhausted from sneaking 2 other men inexperienced in his skills across the area

"Signal me when it's all clear and I'll come in"

6:12AM

"All clear in this hall here. Get in before the guys below spot us"

Jan quickly slides across into the window

"Alright, you two check out what you can in these first two rooms. No HUDs unless it gets hot. I'll keep lookout at the hallway here."

Last edited by Valkyrur (19/1/12 23:13)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#40 19/1/12 21:44

Bozzman
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

With his rifle slung across his back Vince readies his silenced pistol and proceeds to the first room silently.

Peering inside Vince sees two strikers conferring over a console. They have their backs to us, easy advantage...

He then motions to Jin indicating the rooms occupants. Two. Unaware. Yes? No?


Here take this hypo!

Offline

#41 19/1/12 22:42

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

*4 AP*

Jin gave a thumbs up motion to Vince. He then points to the man on the right and then to himself, followed by pointing to the man on the left and then Vince. They both simultaneously crouch-walk slowly across the room, Jin readying a knife along the way. Jin then takes the man from behind, slicing his neck while covering his mouth with his other hand. At the same time, Vince fires a shot from his silenced pistol into the other man's head, killing him instantly. After quickly surveying the room again, Jin heads for the hallway to give Jan the all clear, leaving Vince to watch the room.

*-1AP, 3AP*


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#42 19/1/12 23:22

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

5AP

Jan looks as Jin comes out

"I take it you never killed many people before? Your hands are trembling. Guess TCTF psych training is still as bad as it was before."

Jan looks in the room

"Vince, put this on one of the ports on that terminal"

Jan throws as USB transmitter towards Vince and takes a PDA out of his pocket

"Jamming is still strong, should create some confusion while they try to figure out what is going on in their network"

"Jin, you're with me, Vince, you stay in there and guard that terminal. Me and Jin are going to look through one of their offices on the other side of the hall"

Jan walks through the opposite door and sees a single Striker yawning by a terminal, talking on a cell phone in a highly suggestive manner.

"...I got him, don't shoot unless he pulls something"

Jan walks behind the Striker and whips him on the back of the head (-1AP) and begins to gag him

"Jin, get him into the closet. I'm going to check this guys terminal for anything that isn't the wank bank he was looking through a minute ago. Stay in there with him and try to get whatever you can out of him"

4AP left

Last edited by Valkyrur (19/1/12 23:23)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#43 20/1/12 0:54

TheCreature
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

GM
6:15 AM  Syndicate Plant (G1)

As Jan closes the Striker's files on the terminal, he sees an alert begin to blink on the terminal.  Words appear on the screen, flashing different shades of red.

WARNING:  TRANSMISSIONS JAMMED.  TAKE PRECAUTIONS.

From a lower level, he hears a muffled shout, and rushing feet.  Several locks along the hallway clunk into place, and lasers flicker into life across the stairwell, roaming their paths in search of intruders.  Inside one of the now-locked rooms, a man yells in surprise and bangs on the door.  The metal plate holds, however, and the man soon gives up.  Overhead, a red light blinks slowly.

Damn.  Jan thinks,  Well they're obviously prepared for something.


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#44 20/1/12 2:03

Bozzman
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

4AP

Well, seems they know somethings up. So much for stealth...
He holsters his autopistol.

"So Jan," Vince calls out across the hall, "You think the situation is about to 'get hot'?"

Vince slings the SLM3 around to bear, disengaging the safety locks and listens to the whine of electronics spinup within the rifle.


Here take this hypo!

Offline

#45 20/1/12 12:06

TheCreature
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

GM
6:16 AM G1

From the end of the hallway you can hear several sets of footsteps and voices approach the top of the stairs.  Behind the locked door, their muffled sound move back and forth a bit, and then an electronic bleeping comes from the door...


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#46 20/1/12 12:50

Yoriko
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

6:05 AM  Syndicate Plant (G1)

Saru made his way to the third floor at the back of the building to investigate what the strikers were doing here aswell as figuring out why his PDA had given him this location. Sadly he couldnt ask it, he obeyed it cause felt like it was the only thing he could trust in this wretched world. When the BGI HQ was abandoned many SLD's hard drives were remotely disconnected to secure information from leaking out. This had been the case for him too. However in his case his programmed memories about treating wounds, climbing and his equipments functions were not lost aswell as who he had been working for.
He stepped lightly on the small edges of the building created by environmental corrossion affecting the weaker spots. He did it as not to send anything flying down alerting the strikers at the bottom, Saru started thinking about why he chose to stay hidden when he made a small leap to a ledge below: "I'm pretty sure I'm meant to be on the syndicate's side, question is whether they would know that too, it's best I keep hidden until it is absolutely neccessary for me to show myself". He did not have much expierience in stealth nor had he been made for that purpose, however his suit did contain a small power supply set aside for a phase cloak device lasting for 10 seconds. He managed to find a gap big enough for him to squeeze through and enter the building. Once inside he started looking for a terminal or something that would help him uncover the mysterious presence of all the troops in the plant. He started looking in consoles but didnt find anything interesting in them, just a whole lot of unupdated info concerning the plant in the pre-apocalypse days.

6:10 AM
Saru made his way to one of the smaller study rooms in order to listen to a very talkative striker in the room beside him. Uninterested in what he had to say Saru drifts off and his thoughts takes him to the first day that he can remember:

[time: unknown, location: unknown]
Saru wakes up on the top of an atmospheric proccession plant, he does not know who he is or why he's there. Looking out over all directions from the plant he can hear faint screams in all corners of the city. Some places are on fire, others violently explodes without leaving a trace. He isnt afraid, just curious of what kind of world he is in or where he's going to go. He hears his PDA making some noises. He checks his wrist and activates it, small white text on a blue screen reads: "You are a simulated life doll created by the BGI, if you're getting this it means your hard drive has been rebooted and any past information you might have had on your mind gone. But not neccessarily lost, until we've established a way to retrieve those memories you will answer to any command this PDA gives you".

6:15 AM
Saru retracted from his thought after a while of silence, the striker in the room next door had stopped speaking. In his stead there were three other men conversing, he could not make out what they said through the thick wall, he decided to go closer to the hallway for better audio but was too late, suddenly a metal wall covering the way out slid into place and he was trapped in the study room he was in. It did not matter if he was spotted now if he hadnt been already, now his mind was on getting out. He started banging on the metal plate shouting: "Hey! Let me out! I'm trapped in here!" Noticing the thickness of the wall he figured it was no use if no troops werent currently on the floor he was on. He decided to wait and see what would happen.

Last edited by Yoriko (20/1/12 12:52)


-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

Offline

#47 20/1/12 16:31

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

[6:15 AM]
*5AP*

In the closet with the tied up Syndicate memeber, Jin readies his knife, a cold sweat coming over him. He had joined up with the TCTF because he wanted to solve crimes and help people, though he had no idea that helping people would involve interrogating anyone. "Get a grip Jin," he thought to himself. "If doing this will get us closer to figuring out what's going on here, then i NEED to do this. Oh god, please help me out here." Just before he is about to speak to the man, he hears Vince yell from the hallway.

"So Jan, you think the situation is about to get hot?" Seconds later he hears another voice respond.

"No shit it is, get behind something and get your weapon ready. Jin, whatever you're doing will have to wait, get out here and find some cover!"

Jin rushes out of the closet, chuckling nervously. "Not exactly what i was hoping for." Turning a desk over in the hallway, Jin crouches behind it and aims his .38 at the door, awaiting the arrival of the load footsteps coming from behind it.


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#48 20/1/12 18:44

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

6:15AM G1

Jan activates HUD and pushes a desk in the way of the door at the end of the short hallway (Rooms 31/39 down to 34/42) and begins to look around. He sees a map of the facility pinned onto a nearby tackboard and rips it off.

IndComp3rdfloormap.png

"Look, if we went over to the other side by jumping across the atrium it would be a bad idea. If we took the vents they would hear us and shoot through the thin walls. If we made it across the atrium they would be able to cut us off on the other side quickly."

Jan looks at the red part in the center of the map

"I suggest we fall"

Jan looks over at Vince in room and back at Jin

"What, I still have that rappelling cable that I had you guys use a few minutes ago"

Jan walks back to the end of the hallway with the open window, closes it, and breaks the glass

"Should throw them off for awhile until they see the cable"

Jan fastens the cable around the safety rail and clicks it into place

"You two ladies first. Go down to the first floor and link up in the first room you see. Silenced weapons only unless you take fire. I'll go last as security like last time"

Jan aims his SMG down the hall as if ready for a fight and motions to Jin and Vince to go down


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#49 21/1/12 20:22

kyletm57
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

[6:16 AM]
*5AP*

Vince offered to go first, since he had more experience with rappelling.

"Watch and learn," he said as he hopped over the rail. After reaching the bottom, he tossed the cable up to Jin, who then hooked it onto his belt. He climbed over the railing and began his descent, taking small jumps as not to injure himself. Touching base with the ground, he yelled out to Jan.

"We've reached the bottom level, the area down here seems to be safe for now. I'm sending the cable up now."

*-1AP, 4AP*


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#50 22/1/12 0:22

Valkyrur
Member

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

6:16AM

Jan quits aiming and looks over at the railing

"Roger"

Jan hooks onto the cable and begins to descend. He reaches the bottom of the building and aims his SMG up again

"Get in that side room over there guys, that's probably where they would store their records for the week"

Jan pulls out his PDA

"I'll try to pull up whatever intel I can..."

Jan looks over where 3 trucks appear to have been parked earlier, and over at a single truck that has been recently parked

"Goddamnit!"

Jan begins to remotely access the terminal in the office upstairs and look through it's files

"If the intent to intercept the shipment, we're late... A single truck is here, and three trucks are gone. If my knowledge is correct that means they split the shipment up and moved it separately. That gives us three unique targets to hit next. And I doubt any of their records will have any clues as to where the Syndicate's base of operations is."

Jan walks into a room with several server computers

"...Back in the day they had the oldest files on the server in the back... Let's hope old intel is correct"

Jan plugs a USB transmitter into the server

"Look through the physical files in those cabinets. Get everything for the past day or so... How the hell are we getting out of here? The garage door is closed and the other doors would be locked... Gentlemen, we're going to have to get up to the rooftop."

Jan accesses the server and begins to look through it's files.

"This should take five minutes at most..."

Jan looks over at Vince and Jin who are looking through the folders

"So, I hope this isn't so hush-hush that we can't call for an evac or backup... Unless you guys planned on killing everyone here, there is no chance for us to make it to the Humvee with how many enemies we have here. Jin, as soon as we get up to the rooftop I'm going to need you to radio or call HQ as soon as I turn off the jamming."


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

Board footer