Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 11/22/07 18:11

bboyzagy

Re: Crescent Moon Kick and such

Hey what up, tell me have u made any progress?

The B-Boy Style Will Live On

#102 11/23/07 08:11

Ether

Well, some progress has been made, but it's nothing revolutionary. I'm getting some practice with the "fulltwist", and as for the CMK - I forgot. My next training should take place at 1.12., so there won't be anything new till then.

Be well.

#103 11/23/07 19:11

bboyzagy

Nice I got a new breakdance coach. he's great, taught me a lot and in just one training, well that's about it from here, hear from you after 1.12. peace...

#104 12/01/07 10:12

Ether

coach] Yeah, one training with a good coach is better than months of training without him.
me] Unfortunately, I've been ill and I couldn't go to the training today.

#105 12/01/07 20:12

bboyzagy

Sorry to hear that, but your health will get better, and then you'll be back training, I know myself, as soon as I feel a bit sick, I stop my training at once, cos' the situation can only get worse, so rest now, train later...

#106 12/20/07 18:12

bboyzagy

Hey long time no chat, how are you, are you back training, and what are you gonna do for the new year?

#107 12/25/07 05:12

Ether

training] I know, I know. I'm still not quite in the condition to begin training again, I'll let you know, if I go to a training.

new year] In the new year I'm gonna work on some school projects. wink Actually, I have no exact plan.

#108 12/25/07 18:12

bboyzagy

Well good, I made a lot of progress and won some competitions, and I feel great... So who knows, I might even try the CMK myself pretty soon...

#109 01/01/08 21:01

bboyzagy

Hey, happy new year, may your best wishes come true... So how was your new year's eve???

#110 01/02/08 10:01

Ether

Thanks. I wish you luck and success. But I don't know, what do you mean asking how was my new year's eve. I don't celebrate it explicitly. Actually, I don't do anything special on 31.12., too. Except a little toast with my family.

#111 01/02/08 20:01

bboyzagy

You mean you don't go to parties or things like that, I usually celebrate it with friends and we party, but I never drink alcohol, not even a sip, but a toast with your family is good I guess, better that than nothing...

#112 01/03/08 12:01

Ether

new year's eve] Oh, I looked in the dictionary and found out that 31.12. and 'new year's eve' are actually the same day. big_smile (I thought it meant 1.1.)

"not even a sip"] Hey, good luck with that. I can't say I've never had a drink, but I try not to drink at all. I admire people like you, the others must persuade you all the time, don't they?

"better that than nothing"] Well, I celebrate a lot of other events with my friends, or we just go out on no special occassion, so on the new year's eve I just like to do nothing special and look out at the fireworks and people laughing on the street... I use to have kind of nostalgic mood, 'cause the old year is suddenly gone.

Last edited by Ether (01/03/08 12:01)

#113 01/04/08 09:01

bboyzagy

Yes people tend to persuade me to drink, but they will never be able to do it... It's just my will not to drink and I will stay with that... So now that we got into the new year, when do you plan to return to training??? I am curious to how your kick looks after all this time...

#114 01/05/08 15:01

Ether

I trained today and I managed to do most of the tricks I know, but I don't train kicks very much, only occassionaly. Except the CMK, but I train the non-kick variant (like on the video).

#115 01/07/08 21:01

bboyzagy

That's ok, about the non kick variant i mean, can you post another video of your CMK??? If you can...

#116 01/09/08 10:01

Ether

new video] I don't think so, I don't have a camera. But I'll definitely record my tricks sometime, I just don't know when.

#117 01/27/08 08:01

Ether

So, I was on a training recently. Nothing new, still improving the old tricks. How about you?

#118 01/30/08 15:01

bboyzagy

Hmmm I sick today, but I will be up and running very soon, I got to do 2 circles of flares, and I did 3 circles od windmills, even though you might not know what I'm talking about, I'm perfecting my moves and learning new ones, I just might get the courage to do a front or a backflip... how about you???

#119 01/31/08 12:01

Ether

Oh, I know what you're talking about, there are breakdancers that go on the same training as I do. However, I don't consider myself a breakdancer, because (at least I think) I'm not talented that way.

And as I see, you're getting serious with it, right? Flares and windmills, these are IMO quite advanced tricks. I'm still perfecting the backflip with a 3.60 twist from stand.

BTW did you get my PM?

#120 05/14/08 23:05

love_Oni

I have tried a rolled-player game, in which there is a skill look like the Crescent Moon Kick in some ways. The skill's name is Blanketing Fling and it's played by a women character who used two short-knife to fight (She doesn't have purple-hair like Konoko smile). When the skill is played, she kick her leg up to the sky with her head down to the ground and she landed with a crouch. Like the sentences which are mentioned in Oni, this skill can kick out your enemies into the air.
It looks like the Crescent Moon Kick is very familiar to many Chinese games (the game which I mentioned in the lines above is made in China, but it was translated into English)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#121 05/15/08 08:05

Iritscen

Yeah, it's interesting.  I used to think it was humanly impossible, but then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMgyUzR4T8 (Note 1:40.)  Of course, I think someone pointed out that actually kicking someone while doing this would mess up the flip and you might land on your head.  But hey, we can just assume that someone as strong as Konoko can flip hard enough to kick someone and still land on her feet.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#122 05/15/08 11:05

love_Oni

Yeah, it's interesting.  I used to think it was humanly impossible, but then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMgyUzR4T8 (Note 1:40.)  Of course, I think someone pointed out that actually kicking someone while doing this would mess up the flip and you might land on your head.  But hey, we can just assume that someone as strong as Konoko can flip hard enough to kick someone and still land on her feet.

Wow, it's amazing. I used to think that those kicks (in the movie) can only be seen in Chinese (or Japanese) action films. But it was not.

Last edited by love_Oni (05/15/08 11:05)

#123 05/18/08 05:05

love_Oni

Here is some pictures which I took about the Crescent Moon Kick when I was playing Oni. Enjoy !

#124 05/18/08 05:05

love_Oni

Another one.

Last edited by love_Oni (05/18/08 05:05)

#125 05/18/08 05:05

love_Oni

Last one big_smile

Board footer