Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/16/07 00:08

geyser
Website

Re: Crescent Moon Kick and such

And a question for geyser: Can you put animations of konoko's sledgehammer heel from different angles beacuse I think I can do it...

To geyser: Can you post the twister kick ass well with the sledgehammer heel like you did the crescent moon kick on the other topic?

No! No! DIY! The Crescent Moon Kick GIF wasn't recorded by myself: it was someone on one of the old forums.
I asked people to record as many moves as possible and gave them tips on how to do it (camera setup etc).
And now that we have the dev mode, it's almost too easy to record any move in side view. So, again, DIY.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#27 08/16/07 04:08

Ether

geyser wrote:

No! No! DIY!

@geyser] Hey, man, no need to yell. (:

@bboyzagy] I'm 17.7835 years old. cool What about you?

Last edited by Ether (08/16/07 04:08)

#28 08/16/07 05:08

Luk

Maybe I can help. I recorded Hammerheel a time ago but I didn't figure out how cut out background and make it not so heavy so after this one and Muro kick combo I gave up.

konokokzp1lh1.gif

it's slow and from one angle but it is in slow motion so it istn't so bad. As for making it for me now is impossible. I barely make half spin kick and this if kinda full spin, but I haven't practiced a lot recently.

#29 08/16/07 07:08

bboyzagy

Nice too see more people interested into moves... Thanks for the heel Luk... and yeah i'm 15 years old...

The B-Boy Style Will Live On

#30 08/16/07 15:08

geyser
Website

Here's the old forum thread I mentioned: http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php?threadid=61
I basically asked people to make lots of GIFs and told them how. And yes, Luk was there wink

Here's the wiki page: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Gameplay/Combat_moves
As you can see, we only got 3 GIFs, plus ZDLO's here: http://zdlo.oni2.net/GIFs/
Nowhere near enough for Oni 2D, and apparently nowhere near enough for bboy.
smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#31 08/16/07 18:08

bboyzagy

Here's my Sledgehammer Heel it's in 3gp format so you have to download it i think... And it's not my best of course but I think this one is the most similar one to the Sledgehammer Heel...:)

#32 08/17/07 12:08

Ether

Do you people know how were the moves animations created? You know, did they use motion capture or just make it all up?

@bboyzagy] I'm looking forward too see what you've made. (Though I'm not home at the moment.)

Last edited by Ether (08/17/07 12:08)

#33 08/18/07 18:08

bboyzagy

Here's a little picture of me doing something, it's not really special but it's cool.

#34 08/19/07 13:08

geyser
Website

@ Ether: AFAIK they didn't use motion actors, but they consulted martial arts experts.
(no motion actors are credited in Oni, but there are martial artists in Special Thanks)
It's not unusual for games like Oni to include exaggerated or "impossible" moves.
So it makes sense not to track human motion, and to use rough guidelines instead.

Same thing for the upcoming Lugaru 2: http://wolfire.com/blog/category/lugaru-2/
The fighting style of the main character is heavily inspired by Tony Jaa's wink
But of course it's beyond Wolfire's means to use motion acting in that case.

#35 08/19/07 16:08

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

Oni had zero mo-cap. It was all done by "hand."

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#36 08/19/07 16:08

Ether

@bboyzagy] Well, the Sledgehammer Heel of yours is quite good. I found only one difference: Konoko does full-twist at the beginning, though you do the first half by stepping aside and only the other half in the air. But we do know that's very hard to do in real.

#37 08/19/07 17:08

bboyzagy

True, the full-twist is hard, but how is your crescent kick going did you try it again, and what do you think of my pole float picture?

#38 08/19/07 17:08

Ether

Crescent Moon Kick] Because I had no good opportunities, I didn't.

Pole Float] Did you try to straighten your arms? For how long can you hang? Hehe, in my country, we call it 'vlajka' (= flag). wink

#39 08/20/07 10:08

bboyzagy

Well that with straight hands is a little hard for me now, but I think I can hold up 10 seconds or so with my hands bent, flag huh that would be "zastava" in my language.

#40 08/20/07 18:08

Ether

zastava] Well, I see that you're from a Slavic country. Which one?

Pole Float] Yeah, it's all about muscles. But try at least straightening your arms to have your head between the pole and your body. It's much better in my opinion.

Last edited by Ether (08/20/07 18:08)

#41 08/21/07 07:08

bboyzagy

Yes I'm from Serbia and I will try to straighten my arms as much as I can.... And you when will you get a chance to practise the crescent moon kick?

#42 08/21/07 14:08

Ether

Serbia] Try me and send me several sentences in your native language. I wonder whether I'll be able to understand.

Crescent Moon Kick] Heh, no rush, please. I count on our first training sometime in the first week of September.

#43 08/21/07 15:08

bboyzagy

Dobar dan kako se zoves? I wonder will you understand me???

#44 08/21/07 15:08

Luk

My guess is "good morning, what's your name". Am I right?

#45 08/21/07 16:08

bboyzagy

Yes yes how did you know??????

#46 08/21/07 17:08

Luk

I'm from Poland, and know a bit of Russian. These were even quite similar. In Polish it'd go: Dobry dzień, jak (kak in Russian) się zowiesz->although this is quite informal better would be nazywasz.

#47 08/21/07 18:08

Ether

@Luk] Hey, that was for me. You stole me my Serbian sentence. smile

@bboyzagy] Yeah, I would guess the same. But, you know, when you ask someone to say a sentence in their own language, it's mostly this one, so it's not usually too hard.

good morning, what's your name] Well, it's a big little bit off-topic, but in Czech it would be: 'Dobrý den, jak se jmenuješ?'

#48 08/21/07 18:08

bboyzagy

Well here's one for Ether: Kako se zoves je stvarno bilo pitanje za tebe na koje si trebao da odgovoris, a to vazi i za Luk-a.... figure that one out...

#49 08/22/07 17:08

Ether

@bboyzagy] Analysing:
  x] 'Kako se zoves' is the subject.
  x] 'je' is the verb.
  x] The rest is the rest.
  o] I'd try something like: 'Kako se zoves' is a question (...), that you can answer (...), and that applies to Luk, too.
  x] Now, I'm gonna find a Serbian-English dictionary.
  x] 'stvarno' = 'really'.
  x] 'je' = 'yes'.
  x] 'trebao je da' = 'had to be'. So 'je' doesn't have to be the verb...
  x] 'vazi' = 'ok'?
  o] I'm not much smarter than before, but I'd change it to: 'Kako se zoves' was really a question to be answered by you (...).
  x] Well, I don't know exactly, but without a context it isn't always easy. Could you translate the sentence word by word (or phrase)?

Last edited by Ether (08/22/07 17:08)

#50 08/23/07 04:08

bboyzagy

Well I think it would sound preety stupid if it was translated literally.... But I think I could translate it...

Board footer