Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/03/09 09:10

Samer
Website

I have cancelled all my mods bec I need help to solve a problem

Here's the problem :

The custom characters don't have their own character variant .

so, I made them a character variant for Motoko, ShnBot, White and Black Chief and Casey

so in their ONCC there is a link to variant motoko or casey let's say

I also made them ONCVs and added them into the ONVL

Now the little problem is : it's not enough to put these in ONCV and ONVL in a package bec the Anniversary comes with a ONVL and ONCV in the globalization folder which will overwrite the new ones.

so with each character I put the ONVL that mentions all the custom characters and the ONVC of that character . and suggested to replace the ONVL in the globalization folder and to add the new ONCV

so the ONVL refers to casey motoko and shnbot ... however if the person has only motoko the ONVL refers to ONCV of casey and shnbot and can't find them so the game blams.

How can i fix this so that they still have unique character variants and be independent and still work if all are installed together.

I'm thinking of 2 ways :
1- Delete \install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization folder hence it will work as a package each new character also supplies an ONCV and ONVL which will make it easier to install for the future too. cz as it is the Globalization ONVL will overwrite the package ONVL

2-with each character supply a new ONVL which has links to all previous custom characters and the also supply the ONCVs of the mentioned characters even if the person doesn't have them installed
so the casey package will have ONVL mentioning motko and shnbot and white chief and the ONCVs of those too... will that work even if he doesn't have these packages installed ?

please help me solve this :S EdT or Iritscen or Gumby or someone who knows about this stuff

Last edited by Samer (10/03/09 09:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/03/09 09:10

Samer
Website

Re: I have cancelled all my mods bec I need help to solve a problem

I have removed all my mod files  from the threads and depot ..  to avoid anyone having their game blam

#3 10/03/09 12:10

Gumby

Hmm. This is a problem I'm not sure how to address.

I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to use ONCVAny for your custom characters. Really, the only time you need a new ONCV is when you have different models of the same character.

The other thing to do would be to do #2, and keep track of all the new characters. In the next AE (whenever that is tongue) there will be probably an option that will help with this a little bit.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 10/03/09 13:10

Samer
Website

I'm giving them new ONCV's bec I will eventually make new outfits for these characters smile

#2 it is and I will keep track of all new characters smile & hope the next AE whenever it is tongue makes it easier. thanks for ur help smile I have restored my mods and included all the ONCVs with each package

Board footer