Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/23/09 08:08

Shade

Question about flags?

Ok, I finally figured out how to add characters to a level, I have read the tutorials over and over again and I think I have finally accomplished something here. Now a few questions must be asked. I have tried to put evilkonoko in the training area where you first start out, But she never loads. I put the right flags and the chr ports, etc and she never shows up. But I put Griffin in there and he shows up just fine. A few TCTF police and some strikers. etc. Am I doing something wrong here or can certain characters only show up in different places at a time? Griffin, Strikers, and a few TCTF police show up. I also tried Muro also and he doesn't show as well.

And about the flags. I want to make some mods on the dream lab level. But I need to figure out to find what flags are in some particular rooms so I can able to teleport the character to that particular area. What would I need to do to make all this happen? As I said. I have read threw the tutorials and I am finally getting some where here. If I ever get the chance I'll show a scripting video test to show what I have made.

EDIT:

Heres a picture that I took to show you guys what I did. I'm wanting to add more characters in there but I don't know how to get that far yet.

firstoniscript.th.jpg

Last edited by Shade (08/23/09 08:08)

#2 08/23/09 09:08

Iritscen

Re: Question about flags?

Best flag topic ever.

And any character ought to be able to show up at a given flag.  Perhaps you made a typo?  Or perhaps something in the script failed before that point so that line never executed.  If you have Dev Mode on when the level loads you will see any scripting errors that pop up.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/23/09 09:08

EdT
Website

Here are some flag locations:
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Items/Flags/

If you added evilkonoko and Muro to the BINACHAR for level and they don't appear, then check that you are using the same spelling for their names. Evilkonoko is different from evilkonoko.

#4 08/23/09 09:08

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

Best flag topic ever.

And any character ought to be able to show up at a given flag.  Perhaps you made a typo?  Or perhaps something in the script failed before that point so that line never executed.  If you have Dev Mode on when the level loads you will see any scripting errors that pop up.

EdT wrote:

Here are some flag locations:
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Items/Flags/

If you added evilkonoko and Muro to the BINACHAR for level and they don't appear, then check that you are using the same spelling for their names. Evilkonoko is different from evilkonoko.

EdT: My spelling is good and I always go back to see if I made any typos. I found out I made a typo when I checked back and I fixed it fast.

Iritscen: Do I need to have executed stuff there every time I make a new character appear? By the way what do you think what I did so far?

Last edited by Shade (08/23/09 09:08)

#5 08/23/09 09:08

Iritscen

Shade wrote:

Iritscen: Do I need to have executed stuff there every time I make a new character appear?

Sorry?  I couldn't parse that.

By the way what do you think what I did so far?

Looks interesting.  But I don't really know what you're trying to do yet ^_^  Is it a basic brawl script?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 08/23/09 09:08

Shade

Iritscen wrote:
Shade wrote:

Iritscen: Do I need to have executed stuff there every time I make a new character appear?

Sorry?  I couldn't parse that.

By the way what do you think what I did so far?

Looks interesting.  But I don't really know what you're trying to do yet ^_^  Is it a basic brawl script?

Some stuff I did from the tutorial. But if I get better making a Brawl mod is a good idea.

Board footer