Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/09/08 20:10

ONIrules

Need more weapon models!

Hello folks!!

Any people who found any weapon models in any website and want to import it in Oni, please post it here!!
I really enjoy putting weapons in Oni and thanks to EdT for the tutorial.

Although you may think its very easy, however it need to meet the following requirements

-Less than 2000 polygons, but I highly recommend to post a weapon model which is about 200 to 1050.
-Texture maps. I totally suck at UV mapping so if the model have no textures it will be hard for me to like map the weapon. The texture can be any image format as long is not dds
-To my opinion try to find a weapon that is futuristic since Oni takes place in 2032
-Please no Halo weapons. Even though I created a plasma rifle it is not ripped. If it was ripped the REAL texture map will be already included in Oni. (and it will only be just w24_psr) You can experiment it, but find weapons that are not Halo please.
-I also don't except weapons from other ripped games.
-Also if you found a model please beware of virus. It is very very very rare, but if you do encounter one grab a shotgun, kill it and stay away!!

Thats really it. More weapons means more and more weapons to play with in Oni!! And I will be really glad if we made a total of 100+ weapons in Oni. w100_x

Thanks!!

Also I can accept up to 1-5 weapons a day, since it takes time for weapons to be perfect in Oni.

Last edited by ONIrules (10/11/08 21:10)

#2 10/10/08 00:10

EdT
Website

Re: Need more weapon models!

What about a totally useless but cool weapon to see in the game: Lightsaber, using a particle for the blade! :-)

#3 10/10/08 13:10

Seventeen Seconds

I made a whole small arms weapons suite for Oni based off Lorraine's concept art when I was learning how XSI worked.  I made it expressly to stay true to Oni's artistic concept.  EdT has it somewhere.  HOWEVER -- I made the weapons as modeling projects, not as in-game material.  Since we can't actually change the animations to match the weapons, they won't look right with the characters.  I hoped to make some larger weapons such as rocket launcher and anti-tank (anti-mech!) weapons, but unless the animation can support it there's not much point.  I think the normals and polys were quite messed up too during the export.  I'd love to see them in the game if you're willing to expend the effort, but you will probably end up tearing your hair out.

Less-lethal weapons like beanbag shotguns, giving the target the willow kick crumple stun effect, would be really interesting from a gameplay perspective.

Link for reference. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/17sec/Wpns.jpg

#4 10/10/08 14:10

EdT
Website

Here are 17 seconds weapons, both the original and adapted (geyser did some work on them)
http://edt.oni2.net/3D/17sec_weapons.zip

I did get one weapon into the game:
w16_crb.jpg

#5 10/10/08 16:10

ONIrules

Thanks!!! Also 17 seconds, good to see you back from the community!! big_smile

Last edited by ONIrules (10/10/08 17:10)

Board footer