Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/17/07 05:01

Evil Konoko

Hello im new here and i have a problem with Oni...

Yep,as the title says,im having problem with Oni.Im going to install,when it stops on 54 and a message appears.I will take a pic of the message and post it here.Yesterday i installed it till half,and today i tryed to get into the game.It worked, BUT,when i came into training,there was like some kind of invisible wall...Im going to take a pic of the message i hope you can help me!

Signature died on 5.5. 2006.

#2 01/17/07 05:01

Tosh
Website

Re: Hello im new here and i have a problem with Oni...

Hmm, I get that invisible wall sometimes too, but only after Karen's fight. hmm I've wondered what it is.

#3 01/17/07 05:01

Evil Konoko

Ok this is what appears:Error.jpg

Last edited by Evil Konoko (01/17/07 05:01)

Signature died on 5.5. 2006.

#4 01/18/07 12:01

geyser
Website

By aborting the install process halfway through, you prevent the creation of Oni\GameDataFolder\IGMD and subfolders, and the copying of the level logic (.bsl files) to those folders.
Normally that happens at the very end of the installation process, after the level resources (.dat and .raw files) have been copied to GameDataFolder.

As I say on the pages linked to above, without the level logic nothing interesting will ever happen. If you unzip THIS to your GameDataFolder, you'll be able to play Chapters 0 through 6.

Either the file level9_Final.raw is corrupt on the CD/whatever or the transfer fails for another reason. Try "cleaning the CD". Good luck smile

The invisible walls keep you from proceeding to further training rooms until you've done what you're meant to do in the current one.
The original training scripts remove them one by one. The one in the middle of the first room is normally removed right away.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer