Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/30/08 15:08

paradox-01

Re: 这是什么吧啊?

Thanks for the link, gmsly. The names don't look like typical easter eggs, I think it might has a more personal story (like idols of the artist who made the image or of Hasegawa who is environmental activist and Prof. for genetics).

李 溶 鎮 - Li Rongzhen
    沈 皚 瀛 - Shen Aiying
    朱 仲 英 - Zhu Zhongying

So next goal is to find out if these persons are fictional or real and then if they have something in common. Will you take this challenge as well? smile

(Edit: Chen corrected to Shen in repose of next post.)

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/30/08 16:08)

#27 08/30/08 15:08

Iritscen

I know you weren't talking to me, paradox, but I was curious.  Here's what a few minutes of Googling found me:

Li Rongzhen - either a chemist or a East Asian Studies professor at Yale (Did anyone at Bungie West go to Yale? Easy to find out, methinks)
Zhu Zhongying - gave presentations on soft computing and signal processing
Shen* Aiying - wrote about mangrove tree deforestation and experiments on mouse ovocytes

*The German site said it might be Shen and not Chen, so I tried both, and only "Shen" returned anything notable.  Chen only returned an experiment in testing a new pesticide for vegetables.

Also, it seemed like people with those names were all members of Falun Gong, which is on the surface very strange, but beneath the surface, consider that there are over a billion Chinese, therefore a lot of re-used names, and the news on persecution of Falun Gong members is about the only thing we hear from the other side of the Great Firewall.  Another primary source of Chinese names on our side of the Internet is bound to be scientists publishing papers, so that's another bias that could mis-lead us.

If any of the names really were Romanized properly (and if that's the only reading of the ideograms), and these names were being used intentionally by someone behind Oni, then Zhongying is the most likely to be the person I found results for, as he worked in an AI-related field.  You could make arguments for the other two being connect-able to Oni (working with reproductive cells is an obvious link, and so is deforestation).  But I somehow doubt it was really this easy to find the answers to who those people are.

I'd definitely like to know what anyone else finds on these three.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 08/30/08 22:08

gmsly

李 溶 鎮 - Li Rongzhen
I just find he is Korean-Yong Jin Lee
LG CNS senior consultant,  Yong Jin Lee,Consultant of LG CNS,South Korea

沈 皚 瀛 - Shen Aiying
unknow

朱 仲 英 - Zhu Zhongying (Professor, micro-Computer Society Secretary-General in Shanghai China)

#29 08/31/08 08:08

Iritscen

What is LG CNS, gmsly?

#30 08/31/08 08:08

gmsly

I only know the LG is a Korean company.

#31 08/31/08 11:08

Iritscen

Oh, okay, we have LG products here in the States.  I didn't know it was that LG.

http://www.lgcnsglobal.com/

That division of LG is some kind of IT company.  So, someone who is now a consultant for them could have been in some other computer field back when Oni was made.

#32 08/31/08 23:08

gmsly

Maybe is mislead..Yong Jin Lee isnot a chinese

#33 09/01/08 08:09

Iritscen

Yeah, that's true, it's probably just a coincidence that he has a similar name.

Board footer