Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/22/08 19:08

Gumby

AE Release! (20080822)

Credits go to geyser for releasing it, and Loser to fixing his mistakes. big_smile

http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/20080822/

Also, tomorrow  I will release a small surprise. smile (Testing it right now - gotta fix a small bug sad )

Last edited by Gumby (08/23/08 01:08)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#2 08/23/08 04:08

TNT

Re: AE Release! (20080822)

I have been replaying Oni thanks to the additions of AE (and the updated movesets by OniRules), it's sweet and hard. smile

Just one question, why can't I seem to "run"?
Just to clarify my definition of running in the old situation:
Run -> Arrows
Dash -> double tap arrows
Walk -> Capslock + arrows

Konoko now always dashes or walks with Capslock. Is there a way to turn it on?

#3 08/23/08 05:08

Gumby

>_< That was done to enable the AI to dash...but geyser\whoever never seperated out the moves for Konoko. I'll pester him about fixing it\how to fix it tomorrow (erm today, its 3:30 AM where I am. goodnight tongue)

#4 08/23/08 05:08

s10k
Website

Can I install this edition above the last version? Replacing it?

#5 08/23/08 07:08

love_Oni

Yeah, replace the old "install" folder and run new_deal.bat if you already have installed the edition before.

I notice that this version has something new (and some bugs too big_smile). If you don't like some new improvements or missed something in the previous version, please tell. Maybe I'm keeping the files you need (lucky that I always keep the original, I used to missed something).

Last edited by love_Oni (08/23/08 07:08)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#6 08/23/08 10:08

Iritscen

love_Oni wrote:

Yeah, replace the old "install" folder and run new_deal.bat if you already have installed the edition before.

Incoming from the wiki:

However, it should be noted that the format of the TXMP*.oni produced by OniSplit has changed in the meantime. The TXMP patches have been updated accordingly, so you will have to rerun the whole installation cycle this time.

And yes, TNT, I really want Konoko's ability to run back in Oni too.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 08/23/08 16:08

Gumby

Hey guys, if you downloaded earlier today\yesterday, please redownload. The aforementioned TXMP patches went awry.

#8 08/24/08 05:08

love_Oni

Does this update of the edition version make Konoko can jump higher? (I don't like this one)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#9 08/24/08 11:08

Gumby

She only jumps higher on the compound level. If you really don't like it, switch to a different Konoko.

#10 08/24/08 12:08

s10k
Website

Gumby wrote:

She only jumps higher on the compound level. If you really don't like it, switch to a different Konoko.

Yup, I also don't like it. It give us too much advantage.

I think we should only be able to jump higher with kangoru cheat of daodon dll.

#11 08/24/08 15:08

EdT
Website

You can always modify Konoko so she jumps normally, either with OUP or .xml.

#12 08/24/08 22:08

Iritscen

I actually like the concept behind the constant-kangaroo Konoko in Chapter 14.  Possibly she should be ramping up a little (more strength, more jumping height) after each major Daodan surge, instead of all at once at the end.  And maybe not ever getting to the height she does in Ch. 14.

I believe the reason they picked that height, though, is that it allows Konoko to reach the goodies that the level designers mysteriously placed in the sniper towers.

#13 08/28/08 17:08

Gumby

You can't really increase the damage moves do (well, on PC i suppose you could chr_setclass a character to a different character that looks the same but has all of thier TRAMs copied over and damage increased...a lot of work though).

I suppose we could have the Daodan glow particles on Konoko's fists do minor damage. smile (think of how bad that would be if you did a throw though...not sure if that is fixable)

#14 08/28/08 18:08

Iritscen

I seem to vaguely recall reading about a way to set a minimum time between damage-incurs on a character.  Loser or someone saying Oni used this to make sure some move (I think it was the Striker's spinning-with-arms-out attack) didn't hit more than one time.  But that would probably only apply to attack moves, not to the particles that would stay in contact with the character during the throw.  I imagine that scripting could be used to freeze the character's health after the throw began... not sure.

What about Konoko gradually going into Daodan overpower mode more easily after her surges?  In other words, the level of health required for overpower mode being reduced?  Is that possible?  This would allow her to more easily take advantage of the damage from the Daodan particles that you suggested (because, honestly, I am almost never in overpower mode in the game so any difference would hardly show up).  Keep in mind it doesn't have to make a huge difference, it's not like this would have to make her unstoppable.  Maybe instead of overpower @ > 200HP, it's > 175 HP.  Since her health won't automatically decrease out of overpower mode at this point, maybe a script would remove the overpower after a while.  Don't know if that's possible either.  I'm just brainstorming here.

(And besides, with plans for adding things like the Spartans and the chaingun, that could ramp up the difficulty, so increasing Konoko's abilities would keep the game balanced.)

#15 08/28/08 21:08

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

I seem to vaguely recall reading about a way to set a minimum time between damage-incurs on a character.  Loser or someone saying Oni used this to make sure some move (I think it was the Striker's spinning-with-arms-out attack) didn't hit more than one time.  But that would probably only apply to attack moves, not to the particles that would stay in contact with the character during the throw.  I imagine that scripting could be used to freeze the character's health after the throw began... not sure.

What about Konoko gradually going into Daodan overpower mode more easily after her surges?  In other words, the level of health required for overpower mode being reduced?  Is that possible?  This would allow her to more easily take advantage of the damage from the Daodan particles that you suggested (because, honestly, I am almost never in overpower mode in the game so any difference would hardly show up).  Keep in mind it doesn't have to make a huge difference, it's not like this would have to make her unstoppable.  Maybe instead of overpower @ > 200HP, it's > 175 HP.  Since her health won't automatically decrease out of overpower mode at this point, maybe a script would remove the overpower after a while.  Don't know if that's possible either.  I'm just brainstorming here.

(And besides, with plans for adding things like the Spartans and the chaingun, that could ramp up the difficulty, so increasing Konoko's abilities would keep the game balanced.)

I forgot that overpower does increase the power of moves >_< You still can't have different levels of it though...

From what I can see, there is no way to change the percent required for overpower.

(and BTW, strikers CAN hit you multiple times with that move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HckmJHKyYl4&fmt=6 @ 2:35)

#16 09/01/08 12:09

Loser

OK, I will try to bring some light:
When character A does TRAM attack which collides with enemy B, it either damages him or is blocked, and from that point of impact till end of that TRAM animation, character A cannot hurt character B by TRAM attacks.

Got it? So if you are in corner and striker does his Striker's Spam, he can hurt you only once with this attack, only first sucessful attack part counts (I know, striker's Spam has only one attack part, but for example Rising Fjurist has two and still you cannot damage enemy twice with one attack). If you manage to guard his attack, and if striker impacted you at the beginning of his attack, then till the end of that TRAM (either normal end or forced end:some attack, missile etc which force him to change animation) this striker CANNOT hurt you, after this first collision happened all other attack parts of that animation are ignored ONLY FOR YOU. Same with striker vs other AI2s.

BUT

If there are more enemies around striker, then each one of them has the logic described above. So YES, striker CAN hit multiple ENEMIES with one attack. But no, he cannot hit one enemy multiple TIMES with one TRAM attack.

BUT ^_^

There is exception. If attack has more attack parts and ThrowTarget bit is set (see WIKI, TRAM file talk page for info about bits) then it is allowed to execute all attack parts, no ignoring after hit.

VIDEOS
1) HERE, striker CAN hit multiple enemies. Each enemy can be hit only once.
2) HERE, striker CANNOT hit one enemy multiple times
3) HERE, with modified attack striker CAN hit enemy multiple times.

Loser (P.S.: punched myself for using another name)

Last edited by Loser (09/01/08 12:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#17 09/01/08 12:09

Iritscen

Ah, interesting.  Thanks for the scientific explanation, Loser.  Does that mean that the Backbreaker has the ThrowTarget bit set?  Because it does damage twice in one animation.

#18 09/01/08 12:09

Loser

All _tgt moves have ThrowTarget. It was mistake I did in previous combat system with comguy -> I forget to add ThrowTarget flag to his COMCOMthrow_fw_tgt anim. That is because only with ThrowTarget flag animation is allowed to hurt its own executioner, in other cases it causes crash (damage part of TRAM. No, user of attack canot hurt himself with attack part of TRAM even if this flag is set).

ThrowTarget is simply ultimate flag. By setting it, you allow this TRAM to hurt it own user with damage part, to hurt others with all attack parts, not just with the first one which collides, and it also enable this TRAM to hurt teammates of the user ^_^.
                                                     Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#19 09/01/08 16:09

Muro

Oni seems to crash every single time i use a forward throw or am thrown as a TCTF trooper or any other character that uses the same type of attack (which is a lot such as male civilians). This was a problem with the previous version as well.

#20 09/01/08 16:09

Gumby

Thats not right. My suggestion: delete\rename your edition folder and reinstall. I had that same bug, but it fixed when I reinstalled.

#21 09/05/08 17:09

Muro

I reinstalled it and still get the same problem. I ran both zeal and big. When it crashes it tells me to post my startup.txt to this forum. Very confusing.

#22 12/08/08 05:12

encinodude

This is a fine, fine supplement to Oni, but I have two minor issues with it:

[1] Because all characters can dash, the dashing animations are used in cutscenes instead of running and kind of mess them up.

[2] Flying bodies collide into each other too much. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue in vanilla Oni, where I'll kick someone into a wall and he'll bounce off and collide into me and damage me.

Anyhow, great job, especially on how much easier it makes modding.

#23 12/08/08 09:12

Iritscen

We tend not to be all that clear about this, but the AE is technically not even out yet.  What you're playing are beta releases.  We are definitely aware of the bugs you mentioned, encinodude, and they are important to fix.  We plan to address them before the AE's "final release" (or to be more accurate, its first final release).

#24 12/08/08 10:12

encinodude

Iritscen wrote:

We tend not to be all that clear about this, but the AE is technically not even out yet.  What you're playing are beta releases.  We are definitely aware of the bugs you mentioned, encinodude, and they are important to fix.  We plan to address them before the AE's "final release" (or to be more accurate, its first final release).

They aren't really huge bugs, but it's good to know the Oni community is still alive and kicking after all these years.

#25 12/08/08 11:12

Iritscen

In some ways we've only been getting the big projects going over the last year or two.  Arguably, you could say we're just getting warmed up! big_smile

Board footer