Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/22/08 00:08

EdT
Website

Exporting a level's geometry

AKEVLab.jpg

I don't remember if I mentioned this, but we can export a level's geometry (AKEV) as a Collada with textures. No, we can't import... yet.

Its takes a little work to do this.  You have to move or copy the AKEV and AGDB files from the level you want to export and put them to the level0_Folder, but DO NOT recombine level 0

Next use the basic OniSplit command -extract:dae Name_of_Dir Name_of_AKEV
Now move back the AKEV and AGDB to their original folder.

Here is another example: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Levels

Last edited by EdT (08/22/08 10:08)

#2 08/22/08 10:08

Iritscen

Re: Exporting a level's geometry

I knew about this, but maybe a lot of people have missed it, so it's definitely worth posting about.

Just so I'm clear: you're saying the we have to move the .oni files for a level's AKEVs and AGDBs from their original folder (say, level4_Final) to level0_Final... why can't we just pass OniSplit the original path of those files and leave them where they normally are?  Is OniSplit looking for some other data that's in the level0_Final folder to go along with the AKEVs and AGDBs?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/22/08 10:08

EdT
Website

Re: Exporting a level's geometry

Since all the TXMPs are in the level0_Final folder, that is why you have to move the AKEV and AGDB to that folder.  If OniSplit cannot find the TXMP files, it quits with an error.  Note, the Mac version does not have the AGDB file in the levelx_Final folders.  I've included them with AETools in the AETools_Data folder.

Board footer