#1 07/28/08 19:07

EdT
Website

New Weapons

Assault Rifle, with grenades!
w18_asr.jpg

Machine gun:
w17_sap.jpg

Shotgun: (This has an audio bug, if you hold down the mouse button, the audio of the gun firing continues, even though it only shoots once, help anyone?)
w19_shg.jpg

Get them here, put them in level0_Final and rebuild level0
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/NewWeapons.zip

Level Plugin version (Thanks for the idea, Gumby)
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/level0_NewWeapons.zip

EDIT: For more weapons, see: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:New_weapons

Last edited by EdT (07/31/08 21:07)

#2 07/28/08 20:07

ONIrules

Re: New Weapons

SH*T Those guns have very good details!! Going to try this man!! Totally awesome!
Perfect weapons (especially the Assault Rifle) for the MasterChief!!

PS: Test it all guns. Machine gun have a little bug and it crashed when I was playing OTA in the TCTF Regional HQ while I was using the bot shapeshifter feature.

Last edited by ONIrules (07/28/08 20:07)

#3 07/28/08 20:07

Iritscen

Kewl.  Now we just need to update all the other graphics in the game so they fit in :0)

(Hey, it can be done!)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 07/28/08 20:07

ONIrules

Like what I said the Assault Rifle looks good on the MC. Here's ScreenShot
010199286.jpg 010199300.jpg 010199311.jpg

#5 07/28/08 20:07

EdT
Website

I said the Assault Rifle looks good on the MC

cough...cough... it is the Assault rifle from that game... just don't tell anyone... big_smile

#6 07/28/08 21:07

ONIrules

"cough...cough... it is the Assault rifle from that game... just don't tell anyone... "

Eh......OK

#7 07/28/08 23:07

Your_Mom
Website

Now, get the rocket launcher from that game, and we'll have something to handle the Iron Demon with. tongue

Last edited by Your_Mom (07/28/08 23:07)

droid803sig.jpg

#8 07/28/08 23:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

EDIT: Don't worry, I figured it out.

Last edited by ItemfinderDeluxe (07/29/08 01:07)

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#9 07/28/08 23:07

Gumby

EdT, a few hours ago I was contemplating making a thread like this. If only my weapon were a bit more complete smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#10 07/28/08 23:07

Gumby

First off, look at 0x0D4  in the ONWC wiki page. Disabling sustained fire might be good for a shotgun type weapon. smile It might also fix the bug.

Otherwise, you will have to go searching through the particles for the sound events. Have fun with that. I can help you if you need it.

Another note: For new content like this, releasing these in plugin form is a good idea. When I download these (tomorrow) thats the first thing I will do with them big_smile

#11 07/29/08 00:07

EdT
Website

Gumby: I already disabled the sustained fire, so it must be the sound events. I notice you are using OUP to edit the weapons, why not use .xml?

ItemfinderDeluxe: I made a plugin version (see first post), so you won't have to rebuild or recombine level0. You can use the level recombiner by Gumby: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=587

ONIrules: I have no idea why the machine gun caused Oni to crash

#12 07/29/08 06:07

ONIrules

EdT: While I was playing with OTA, I was using the bot shapeshifter feature. I shapeshifter characters and make them hold the machine gun. Then I accidentally press the fire button (mouse) and BLAM crashed.

Last edited by ONIrules (07/29/08 06:07)

#13 07/29/08 09:07

EdT
Website

ONIrules: Is that a repeatable bug?  The same character but in the regular game or a different OTA?  I've tried shapeshifting with the machine gun and firing, but no crashes for me.

#14 07/29/08 11:07

Gumby

You need to use OUP to edit the particles. When Neo adds in PAR3 support I'll start using xml files. I'm not doing much ONWC work. Its not worth the work to extract the oni file, convert it to xml, convert it back, and put it back in the plugin.

#15 07/29/08 12:07

Iritscen

I've said this before (and I'm not sure if there's enough Marathon fans on this forum to appreciate this), but the original SPNKR from Marathon would be an awesome addition, considering that we don't have a straight-up rocket launcher in the game.
earlySPNKR.jpg

That being said, we should be careful about ripping too much content from existing games.  Maybe a fresh design for a rocket launcher would be best.

#16 07/29/08 13:07

Gumby

Hmm. Rocket launcher...sounds like a fun project smile I think I'll do it, but I have to finish the other thing on my plate.

The rifle animation pose should work. The SBG looks nice, with the shoulderrest and all. Maybe if someone created a model based on that except with a barrel going over the shoulder, and have the shoulder rest and the handholds attaching to the bottom.

If possible, using the same weapon system as the SBG would be nice. Tap once to release a rocket. If you want to be really fancy, press and and you can remote detonate the rocket. smile In fact, if we wanted to be really fancy, we could create a laser guided system, ala HL2.

#17 07/29/08 17:07

ONIrules

Edt: Heres a clearer story. I was playing OTA from TCTF Regional HQ fixed. And you know  when I used it ( creep back to next character) and until I went to the green striker (low class) and gave it the machine gun and press fire it crashed.

#18 07/29/08 17:07

Iritscen

I'm actually thinking of a more realistic rocket launcher than even the one in Marathon (the SPNKR shoots notoriously slow rockets).  Just a straight-up, whoooosh kind of shot, unguided.  Makes it tougher to use, which is good for such an overpowered weapon.  Just for reference (this is apparently an RPG, not a rocket, but it's still not a bad thing to use as a reference because you actually see it in slow-mo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-K-X0XGOI and the rematch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-K-X0XGOI

#19 07/29/08 18:07

Gumby

Iritscen, you are ruining the fun...

...the laser guiding system would have been so fun to make...but probably more work that it is worth, unless the lasers attached to the guns are part of the particle system smile

I'll make a fast rocket though big_smile

#20 07/29/08 19:07

Iritscen

If you do make it, it would be great if we could disable auto-aiming.  But I don't think that's possible on a weapon-by-weapon basis.

#21 07/29/08 23:07

Gumby

Not seeing a way to disable it, sorry.

#22 07/29/08 23:07

love_Oni

ONIrules wrote:

Edt: Heres a clearer story. I was playing OTA from TCTF Regional HQ fixed. And you know  when I used it ( creep back to next character) and until I went to the green striker (low class) and gave it the machine gun and press fire it crashed.

Sometimes Oni crash by unknown reasons. Try to do the same situation as you've said above, if Oni still crash, maybe the reason comes from the new gun. If not, maybe it's the other reasons.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#23 07/30/08 08:07

Iritscen

That's true, sometimes memory is a bit corrupted from something else entirely (like certain modded TRAMS ;-) and it just happens to crash.  But if the crash happened at the very moment you pressed the trigger, it's likely the gun.

#24 07/30/08 17:07

ONIrules

Iritscen and love_Oni: So its too much things that made it crashed. I get it now.Thanks for the info.

PS : I been hearing about the Rocket Launcher you guys are going to make. I found this rocket launcher from halo. Heres the link http://www.3dvia.com/mgbaron/media/C6CC2BFCCEE0F2C4

Last edited by ONIrules (07/30/08 17:07)

#25 07/30/08 18:07

Iritscen

That could work, too.  (The rocket launcher in M2 and M Inf. used that design, too.)  Let's just be careful about the difference between creating new things and recycling content from other games :-)

Board footer