You are not logged in.

#26 07/25/08 23:07

EdT
Website

Re: Anniversary Edition trailer

Some glass breaking scenes and one blooper
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/BrutalK.mov
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/blooper.mov

Also, is there anything you can use from here?
I still have the originals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhVO-L96XI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ob6PHEfYmY

Last edited by EdT (07/25/08 23:07)

#27 07/25/08 23:07

Gumby

Okay Iritscen. Here you go.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/60508/Oni%20 … -02-79.avi

Video of Barabus fight with me dying (on purpose, for demonstration purposes) due to Barabus's new particles.

Also, a new weapon should be coming within a week or so (if all goes as planned).

Last edited by Gumby (07/25/08 23:07)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 07/26/08 00:07

EdT
Website

Gumby: Link doesn't work
This page may have been moved or deleted. Be sure to check your spelling.

#29 07/26/08 00:07

Gumby

It is still uploading. It is a 300 MB file. Try again in the morning tongue

#30 07/26/08 04:07

Loser

EdT, are you using the newest version of h2w system in your video??? If yes, than there is some horrible bug X_X.
                                                                                   Loser

P.S.: Don't worry, smart AI videos are coming soon

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#31 07/26/08 08:07

Iritscen

Loser wrote:

P.S.: Don't worry, smart AI videos are coming soon

Yay, thanks.

EdT wrote:

Also, is there anything you can use from here?

If the original of the first OTA video is in good shape, yes, I would like it very much.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#32 07/26/08 11:07

EdT
Website

Storming the compound video
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/storm.mov

Once you've d/l it, let me know, its 123MB, so I will need to remove it.

Speaking of new weapons... I got the model for the Assault Rifle from Halo... big_smile
Now I just need to find some time...

Last edited by EdT (07/26/08 11:07)

#33 07/26/08 13:07

Loser

Iritscen, go HERE and d/l that stuff (AI2 shootout AE style) , it is self-extracting rar. E-mail me please so I can remove it then and upload second part (AI2 shootout original ONI).
                                                                                 Loser

#34 07/26/08 13:07

Iritscen

Okay, Gumby, thanks for the video (and you took the high-quality thing to heart!).  A couple things, though:

1. Here's what I see on my Mac: Gumbyvidproblem.png

That noise at the bottom dances around the whole time and ruins the video.  I'm not saying it's your fault, merely letting you know that there is a problem with FRAPS video on my Mac; I am trying to diagnose the issue and am currently in Command Line Hell.  I should really be able to see that video properly, so I'm not asking anyone to do anything differently than what Gumby did.  Hopefully I will fix this soon.

2. Sorry to say, but as cool as the life-sapping particles are, it will be pretty hard to understand what's happening in the trailer without launching into a narration with text.  Most viewers will just see Konoko fighting Barabus, and Barabus using his regeneration, and say, "So what?"  If you'd like to shoot a video that basically just shows pretty particles dancing around, like I saw a picture of in the particle experiment thread, that would make for a great clip.

Last edited by Iritscen (07/22/17 13:07)

#35 07/26/08 14:07

Iritscen

Okay, Ed and Loser, I have d/led your stuff (poor Alloc :-), you can take it off.  Haven't looked at Loser's submission yet, but thanks Ed, it's a great video.  Just so you're aware, I'm going to have to bend my own rules about quality to use that video, because it does get pretty blocky.  But hey, you didn't record it for the trailer, so I understand.  By the way, I wanted to know what that music is from since I first saw it.  It won't be in the trailer, of course, but I'm still curious.

#36 07/27/08 07:07

Alloc
Website

Hi,

Loser wrote:

E-mail me please so I can remove it then and upload second part (AI2 shootout original ONI).

EdT wrote:

Once you've d/l it, let me know, its 123MB, so I will need to remove it.

You don't have to remove that stuff. I really appreciate your work and there won't be any restriction for you guys as long as I don't explicitly tell you wink

(But in fact I wondered where all the traffic came from last night before I read those posts just now big_smile )

Regards,
Alloc

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#37 07/27/08 08:07

Iritscen

I knew the traffic would get your attention smile  It's very nice of you to give all that server space to our work.  I don't think I personally need Ed and Loser to keep those videos up, but it's up to them what to do.

By way of an update, I *am* having some big trouble playing Loser's and Gumby's vids, and I believe the problem is a combination of Perian for the Mac and maybe that the source is FRAPS.  I have notified the Perian people as well as spending most of my free time yesterday trying to fix the problem myself because they claim it's not them, but an underlying library in Unix that's at fault.  I can only say that I am still working on the problem.  There *has* to be a solution.

#38 07/27/08 08:07

Loser

OK, HERE is the same scene in intentions of original ONI. boooriiing ^_^. Again,notify me so I can remove it (I know, Alloc wrote, but I don't have any usage to these videos, so why to load his server).
About video difficulties - you really don't want Gumby and me to use some compression, which will make it playable on your machine ?

If you want some other videos with AI2 gunfire dodge, write it. Otherwise, I am moving onto recording clips with alarm logic (you may even don't know that it is inside Oni ^_-, I toyed with it about year ago, covered it on WIKI and it has been silence about it since then), dead body notice, touch notice, AI2 calling for friend etc...
                                                                               Loser

#39 07/27/08 09:07

Iritscen

Loser wrote:

About video difficulties - you really don't want Gumby and me to use some compression, which will make it playable on your machine ?

Well, you don't have access to the Sorenson codec, do you?  I originally asked for either Sorenson compression (at highest quality, of course) or no compression at all when coming from Fraps, because I assumed that Windows users would not have the Sorenson codec.  Maybe I'm wrong, though.

The problem on the Mac seems to be coming from ffmpeg, a library that, when used on the command line, returns "This file is encoded with Fraps version 5. This codec can only decode version 0 and 1."  Nothing on the Mac side supports this latest codec from Fraps because every video player ever written is dependent on the one library, ffmpeg, maintained by one person.  I think now we see the downside to this whole open-source building-on-other-people's-libraries thing now, don't we?  ffmpeg's maintainer could fall drunk into a ditch somewhere and suddenly no Mac users can play Fraps videos. hmm

I am about to boot into Windows to try to work with the video on the Dark Side to see if I can format it for the Mac.  Once I come back from Windows-land, I will hopefully have something more intelligent to say as to what I need from you Windows-using guys.

Otherwise, I am moving onto recording clips with alarm logic

Wow, cool, Loser!  I look forward to seeing that.

P.S.: I haven't d/led the new "plain Oni" video yet, Loser.

Last edited by Iritscen (07/27/08 09:07)

#40 07/27/08 13:07

Gumby

You know, when I reendcoded that last video for WMM, there was virtually no difference in quality, and the file size was 17 MB smile.

#41 07/27/08 14:07

Iritscen

Well, here's what I know:

Good news: I can work with Gumby's video just fine if I go into Windows.
Bad news: I wasn't going to use the Barabus video anyway because it's unclear what the difference in particles is when you see only a few seconds in a trailer.
Good news: I can still use any other vids you record with fancy particles, Gumby smile
Badder news: Loser's vid, the one that was just black on my Mac, looks like this in Windows: Loservidproblem.jpg
I can see what he's illustrating, but I can't figure out how to correct the "inversion" that's going on (it's not a straight invert, because I inverted that video and the colors were still messed up).

So, in response to Gumby's and Loser's offers to encode their Fraps videos, I say, "Sigh.  Okay, let's give it a try."  I've really been through a bit of hell for the last two days just getting things to work as well as they are, and if I can avoid restarting into Windows every time I need to re-encode a video, it would be nice.

Just so you know, what I was going to do in Windows was use VirtualDub to save the Fraps videos in a more accessible but still uncompressed format.  It worked well when I tried the technique on Gumby's vid, but the size was even more insane.

So go ahead and compress the videos, guys.  I have always been unhappy with the MPEG codecs, but if you feel that you have an MPEG-encoded result that is high-quality, I'll certainly take a look at it.  I still recommend the Sorenson family (the original Sorenson is better than Sorenson 3, but I'll take either one).

P.S.: FWIW, I d/led your no-dodge video, Loser, so you can take it off.  I haven't tried to view it yet, but I assume it's also unplayable if the first one was.  I'll still try it at some point.

P.P.S.: Yay for Firefox plug-ins.  Firefox crashed, but when I reopened it, Session Manager allowed me to restore my 7 tabs and even this post that I was writing, like nothing happened.

Last edited by Iritscen (07/22/17 13:07)

#42 07/27/08 16:07

Gumby

I guess I'll have to make some fancy new particles that are fit  to film. big_smile

#43 07/27/08 18:07

Iritscen

I don't know if you need to make anything you haven't already made.  Actually, I was thinking of this: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/60508/sparlkes.jpg

I would love to see a movie of that.

#44 07/27/08 18:07

Gumby

Its actually really boring, but I could do it -_- All it is is me running around with sparkles coming out from my hands. Not very useful to the Edition. smile And I'm making new particles (or modifying old ones) movie or no movie. tongue

#45 07/27/08 19:07

EdT
Website

Assault Rifle demo:
http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/NewWeaponASR.mov

Now if I can figure out how to add grenades...

Warning to Loser, this movie may cause you a bad reaction... don't say you weren't warned tongue

Note to Iritscen: Take a look at this: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Trailer

Last edited by EdT (07/27/08 20:07)

#46 07/27/08 19:07

Gumby

Heh. Nice. My new weapon is still WIP. The end result is funny though big_smile

#47 07/27/08 20:07

Iritscen

Wow, that's a nice-looking clip, Ed, thanks.

Gumby: After you had spread out those particles as pictured, did they move around at all?  I was picturing a movie with Konoko just standing there, with the particles moving around.  Ultimately, though, record whatever you think will make a good quick impression in the trailer.

#48 07/28/08 12:07

Iritscen

Gumby and Loser: What version of Fraps are you using?  Any particular settings on those uncompressed recordings, or do you just say, "Uncompressed" and there's no options?

#49 07/28/08 12:07

Gumby

no, they just sat around. With mroe tweaking, they could float around, but I don't really see the point.

I was using the newest version of Fraps on default settings.

#50 07/28/08 14:07

Iritscen

It looks like Perian (the little doodad that is supposed to enable all kinds of Windows-related media on the Mac) will soon support your videos, Gumby, but Loser's, I'm not so sure about.  That's why I'm curious as to the difference between Loser's videos and yours, to help me diagnose the problem.  Still, for now, I think you will have to compress your recordings, and we'll hope that those versions work.

Board footer