Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/15/08 12:06

Loser

h2w_system_debug

Hi all,
I am really, really glad to see there is so much effort right now. There used to be times when this forum was empty and nobody posted anything for weeks.

Now, to the point. I have done h2w system so far only for knockdowns. Now, I need you as a community to play with it and tell me whether it is worth to continue the work or not.

How to get it to work:
You need latest OniSplit (unless you are quite experienced with hexhac..erhm...modding ^_^).
1) BACKUP level0_Final.dat/raw or at least files which are identical with those in mine rar. You never know what might happen.

2) Add my files (rewrite old original ones) using OniSplit.

3) Here comes tricky part. Since this system requires h2w particles to work, you have to add them to ONCP file of your selected ONCC. Only characters powered by this ONCC will have collisions, other ones will write "no particle found for anim##; particle ##" into console and of course they will not collide ^_-
So extract your selected ONCC as XML, find its ONCP part and then add here new particles, all with bodypart index -1, otherwise it will do funny things instead. Particles are:

name: from collision01 to collision14
particle: from h2w_co01_e01 to h2w_co14_e01

So particle collision03 looks like this:
            <ONCPElement>
                <ParticleName>collision03</ParticleName>
                <ParticleClass>h2w_co03_e01</ParticleClass>
                <BodyPartIndex>-1</BodyPartIndex>
            </ONCPElement>
It is important to write all 14 particles into ONCP of each ONCC which should have collisions!!!

After this, compile level0_Final.dat/raw back again and play with this new. Characters powered by ONCCs which have 14 collision particles in their ONCPs should now collide with walls when they are knockdowned onto wall.

What it should do: After knockdowned onto wall, char should smash the wall (sound+effect) and take symbolic 7 damage ^_^'. Lying chars, which have legs or upper torso in the wall should "slide out" of the wall.

Now, I want you all to:
1) play with it for a while and tell me if I should make this also for blownups, throws and some selected moves (no, I am NOT doing this for ALL moves, OK ? ^_-)

2) report bugs such as "sliding" characters when they lie on FLAT GROUND or anything else except for:
-that collision sometimes don't happen -> sorry guys, but this is substitute for feature that should be in engine in the first. This will NEVER be perfect.
-that character is sometimes hitten twice/thrice -> report only more consencutive "hits", this is only for NON-BLUE SHIELDED enemies, see below for reason
-that character gots hit when knockdowned on stairs -> it is done on purpose. Try smashing yourself on stairs and you will see why ^_^'
-that character "slides" down on stairs or on narrow passages -> again, on purpose. Maybe funny, but I think it adds to the gameplay.
-that blue-shielded enemies are immune to this system at all and are hurt million times when knockdowned aganist wall -> sorry, engine issue. Blue shield prevents damage as well as knockback force. Can't avoid it. But...blue shield is worn down pretty quickly by grindering aganist wall ^_^.
-that dead characters are still lying half-through the wall. This is engine issue again. I will ask our "deities" ^_^' if they can do something with this.

I think that is all. Have fun and post your opinions. Or make videos and post them in "movies" thread. I am sure this will be fuel for one part of ONI AE trailer...
                                                                                                                Loser

Last edited by Loser (07/14/08 07:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 06/15/08 19:06

EdT
Website

Re: h2w_system_debug

First bug report: No changes :-(

I added the 14 particles to ONCCstriker_easy_1.xml. One thing I noted that in the original ONCP the syntax is:

<ONCPParticle>
                <Name>acid</Name>
                <Type>env_splash_e01a</Type>
                <BodyPart>-1</BodyPart>
            </ONCPParticle>

So when I added:
           <ONCPElement>
                <ParticleName>collision01</ParticleName>
                <ParticleClass>h2w_co01_e01</ParticleClass>
                <BodyPartIndex>-1</BodyPartIndex>
            </ONCPElement>

Onispilt complained about <ONCPElement> and would not create the ONCC file. So then I renamed all the <ONCPElement> to <ONCPParticle>.  Now Onisplit will create the file, but there was no collision effect with the striker_easy_1 model. Since that didn't work, I then renamed all the <ONCPParticle> to <ONCPElement>, but still no collision.

Loser, can you please post a working ONCC, for comparison.

#3 06/16/08 00:06

Loser

OK, HERE you can grab a pack of ONCCs, modded so they are collision-friendly. I tried to change all bosses + most common classes. Have fun ^_^'

Loser

P.S.: About that mismatch between EdTs and mine ONCP syntax : maybe I am using old OniSplit version? ^_^'

Last edited by Loser (06/16/08 00:06)

#4 06/16/08 10:06

EdT
Website

no particle found for anim##; particle ##" into console

That's the problem I'm having even with your ONCC.  I wonder if it has to do with the Mac engine...

P.S. I'm using OniSplit 0.9.17. Here it is: http://edt.oni2.net/OS/OniSplit_v0.9.17.zip

P.P.S. Can you test if it works with the PC Demo.

Last edited by EdT (06/16/08 11:06)

#5 06/16/08 11:06

Loser

Tested with PCdemo, works like a charm.
Once again: Extract level 0. Copy all h2w_co##_e01/p01/02 into unpacked level 0. Then replace original ONCCs with mine. Then compile and play.

If it writes you that it can't find particle, then ONCCs are alright. Problem is with PAR3h2w_co## etc. stuff. Make sure you have copied it into your level 0.
                                                 Loser

#6 06/16/08 13:06

EdT
Website

hmmm... I tested this on a different computer, I placed all your files in level0_Folder and compiled it. Still get the error message about no particle found.

#7 06/17/08 02:06

Loser

...ok, time for brute force attack. Go to my oni2 site, folder TEMP. Download my level0 there. It is level 0 with sep file, made from ONI PC demo level 0 file. I hope that will finally work (striker_easy_1/2/3, striker_med_1/2/3, striker_hard_1/2/3 and konoko_generic should collide with walls when knockdowned) . For me, it works 100% without problems. Please report when you d/l it, so I can remove that folder as soon as possible.
I hope it will finally work. If not, then sorry, but I cannot do more for you.
                                                                                                                Loser

Last edited by Loser (06/17/08 02:06)

#8 06/17/08 10:06

EdT
Website

Loser: Looks like its a Mac Engine thing sad 

I still got the error messages even with your level0 files.  I asked Neo to look into the matter, so hopefully he'll find the answer.

#9 06/17/08 13:06

Loser

OK, so this project is officially dead until somebody patches MAC engine or what. I have no intention in creating something "exclusive, only for PC".

But..."demo" with h2h_dust_e01/p1 and env_rain_p01 ran for you? Answer please, as I have suspicion that it is something with my PAR3 stuff, not with engine. ONCCs work, there is no doubt, because otherwise it wouldn't write error message about missing particles.

You don't have to, but it drives me crazy when there is problem and I can't solve it. So if you don't mind, please try these:

1) Place my PAR3s into the level where you test it (leave them in level 0 and paste them also into level file of your selected level)

2) Try to browse your level 0 with OniUnpacker. Can you see RAW part of those h2w PAR3s ??? Can you see content of their RAW part ? Post picture if you can. Also, post picture where is error message from dev console (Can't find particle...). Those could help. Heck, I did it in order to enhance EVERYBODY's gameplay, not just PCs!

BIG thanks for your help, EdT. If we solve it, you are the one who will earn from it ^_^'
                                                                                                       Loser

Last edited by Loser (06/17/08 13:06)

#10 06/17/08 15:06

EdT
Website

NewsFlash: Don't kill the project!  Its working!

STUPID USER ALERTbig_smile

I feel so stupid, originally, when I tested it, I used the striker_easy class and played against  strikers which were the easy class. (That's what I had in level1) However, since I was playing on the Hard level, so it was using the harder variant not the easy class.

Anyways, I decided to use all of your ONCCs and now it works, since the striker_med and striker_hard were included.

I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited by EdT (06/17/08 18:06)

#11 06/17/08 21:06

Barneyhater
Website

Works Great! I tested it on everything I could think of: ramps, small little boxes, the helicoptor, fence, walls, glass walls (though something broke the glass and I died -.-. Its not your h2w system, it worked on the glass before and it didnt break so it must have been those ninjas). Anyways the only thing that may or may not be a glitch (actually its pretty cool) is that I think the knockback strength varies depending on how hard you get SMACKED into the wall. You'll hear it too, like several overlapping hitting sounds. I got knocked back behind my opponent it was funny XD.

Edit:
Oops yeah it was because of wall collision that the glass broke, sorry my bad ^_^. (See EdT's video)

Last edited by Barneyhater (06/18/08 20:06)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#12 06/18/08 18:06

EdT
Website

Short video of the h2w system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdsG5KkYf5s

#13 06/19/08 10:06

EdT
Website

Incoming from YT comments...

Loser: What bugs are you referring to?

BarneyHater: I have the glass breaking hack (http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Glass#Glass-breaking_combos) in my version, so that's probably why the glass breaks when the characters collide with it. (Is that correct, Loser?)

#14 07/14/08 07:07

Loser

OK, HERE goes H2W system update. Installation notes are same as before, only now you have to add 18 collisions to ONCP(examples included). I think this one is far better than previous one. Test it, play with it, answer and post bugs. Thank you.
                                                                                                Loser

P.S.: EdT, can I have a break now ^_^' ? I did some AI2 and MELE stuff as well (brutal Konoko), that is why it took so long.

Last edited by Loser (07/14/08 07:07)

#15 07/14/08 09:07

EdT
Website

Loser: You deserve a break! Many thanks! I will test it out later today.

#16 07/14/08 18:07

EdT
Website

Loser: Tested and works fine. Did the glass break get added?  I tried some punches and jumping kicks, but no breaking of the glass.
Though it was fun knocking an enemy through the glass!

Also, I see the knockdown has changed.  It seems to me that when the collisions between AIs are close, there is no knockdown.  Also, the domino effect seems to be gone.  Is that the case?

Here's some 68 more ONCCs that has been modified to use the h2w collision system. http://edt.oni2.net/AE_Files/h2w_ONCC.zip

Last edited by EdT (07/14/08 21:07)

#17 07/14/08 23:07

Loser

Yes, knockdowns/blownups now break glass, it is more realistic (and more funnny when YOU are the one who is sent fyling  out ^_^)
Yes, Dangerous falling bodies system is gone. It was too buggy. Sorry X_X.

...collisions between AIs are close, there is no knockdown.

You mean AI won't get smacked when it is very close to wall? If yes, then it is a bug.

So far, only knockdowns/blownups were taken care of when it comes to h2w system. Now I will go through one class after another, adjusting TRAMS and adding glass breaking particles where I think they should be, we were talking about it on wiki, you know.

And then we will have TRAM system finished in way we (community) want, so you (and me as well ^_~) can write new MELE and CMBT profiles. When this stuff will be finished, we can start modding level 1 (Patrol paths, Characters, Consoles, scripts). That is the way I see it.
                                                                               Loser

P.S.: In old AE TRAM system hack from me, there is one BIG bug. Can you figure out this bug? It has something to do with unescapeable running throw. Use my video Kiss my Barabus (Youtube) as a hint ^_^.

#18 07/15/08 00:07

EdT
Website

...collisions between AIs are close, there is no knockdown.

I meant the Dangerous falling bodies system, when one AI knocks aother one down.

But is it gone completely?  I thought I saw the interaction a couple of times, but not when the AI's were close to one another.  Maybe I was wrong...

Yes the glass breaking is fun, though, its only happens when the head make contact with the glass.  I once threw an Ai at the glass, but its feet hit the glass first, nothing happened, until the head hit the glass, then it broke.

Note: I also liked the jumping AI concept, I hope you can add that.

#19 11/16/08 09:11

love_Oni

http://mods.oni2.net/sites/default/file … System.zip
Not really a modification, this is just my little working. I added the dangerous falling bodies system in TRAMs, so you can play Oni with both the h2w system and the dangerous falling bodies system smile. Please take a look at the 'read-me' in the archive, I explained in it all.

@Loser: If you have time, can I ask you this question? After making the BINA3RAP files and modifying the ONCC files, how did you do to make the h2w system work?
I mean, which particles did you add to TRAM files? For example, if I want the character who is kick-thrown by Konoko take damage when he fall down to the floor, what should I do?

Thanks a lot.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

Board footer