Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/12/07 22:03

Tosh
Website

trigger volumes..

Is there a place that describes more in-depth how trigger volumes work? I searched the wiki but only came up with the functions. :S
They seem very useful though, so I would like to learn how to use them.

#2 03/13/07 14:03

Loser

Re: trigger volumes..

Do you mean something like THIS or something like THIS ???

Last edited by Loser (03/13/07 14:03)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#3 03/13/07 14:03

Tosh
Website

Ah the former is more what i was looking for, I wonder why it didn't show up in the search. Thanks. smile
Also I remember someone (I think it was geyser) mentioning controlling item positioning and etc. through it, if that's true, how? I don't see anything besides what seems more like players entering areas. (Which will be usefull itself, though.)

#4 03/13/07 19:03

geyser
Website

the former is more what i was looking for, I wonder why it didn't show up in the search

For sensible search queries like "trigger volume", we should set up pages like "Trigger volume" with a list of links to the relevant data.
We should also set up pages called "TRGV" etc that would redirect to the less intuitive "OBD:BINA/OBJC/TRGV" (the "Go" button only works if there's an exact match).
Meanwhile, you'll just have to tough it out with the "Search" results ("Go" gives you the same if no match is found). You can help out with the redirects, too.

Back to TVs, you might also want to check out THIS (post 4446 and whole thread).

As for powerups and weapons placed at level load, they're specified in PWRU and WEAP OBJCs, respectively.
You'll notice that the format is quite simple; much simpler than for TRGV or CHAR.
Another way to spawn items at custom locations is to use custom FLAGs.

Last edited by geyser (03/13/07 19:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer